Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Anne Varney > Reviews

Browse

Anne Varney's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anne Varney RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
I Can't Complain: (All Too) Personal Essays
I Can't Complain: (All Too) Personal Essays
by Elinor Lipman
Price: $14.78
108 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved!, May 1, 2014
Loved these essays. Elinor Lipman is one of my favorite writers and this was up to her usual quality. Would recommend.

New York Jackie: Pictures from Her Life in the City
New York Jackie: Pictures from Her Life in the City
by Bridget Watson Payne
Price: $17.45
84 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars New York Jackie, April 23, 2014
Enjoyed it. Lots of pictures that I hadn't seen before. Shipment was fast. No problems with anything to do with this purchase.

Hey, Boo: Harper Lee and To Kill a Mockingbird
Hey, Boo: Harper Lee and To Kill a Mockingbird
DVD ~ Anna Quindlen
Price: $17.89
37 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Hey, Boo, May 8, 2012
As a long-time fan of To Kill a Mockingbird, I was excited when heard about this documentary which was, apparently , shown on a cable station. The documentary tells a little about Harper Lee and her home town. Famous authors are interviewed and tell their feelings and opinions about Mockingbird. Any one who loves this book will be interested in Hey, Boo.

INSANITY: The ASYLUM Volume 1 - Sports Performance 30-day DVD Workout
INSANITY: The ASYLUM Volume 1 - Sports Performance 30-day DVD Workout

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, December 30, 2011
I bought this as a gift for my son so can't attest personally to its quality. He , however, is very satisfied. There was no problem with this order.

Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony: A Psychological Portrait
Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony: A Psychological Portrait
by Keith R. Ablow
104 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't deserve even one star!, December 29, 2011
I read the Jeff Ashton book which I thought was very interesting. I had watched the whole trial so pretty much knew what had gone on. I found the Keith Ablow on the 50% off table at my book store. I started reading it and can't believe how really terrible this book is. Everything is "maybe" or "reportedly". Many of the " sources" aren't even named. This book is drivel... unbelievably badly written and badly thought-out. Save your money. It is over-priced, even at 50% off.

Stiltsville: A Novel
Stiltsville: A Novel
by Susanna Daniel
83 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This Book, November 4, 2010
This review is from: Stiltsville: A Novel (Hardcover)
I loved this book. I just finished reading it for the second time. The first time I rushed through, reading for plot. On the second reading, I took my time and just savored it. It is the story of a marriage but without the usual cliches. The characters are like real people... people you might want to know. Dennis and Frances meet when she goes to Florida for a wedding in the late 60s. The rest of the book deals with their lives together, their friends and some real-life events that happened during the time period covered by the novel. Susanna Daniel has joined my short list of favorite writers and I'll definitely be looking forward to her next book.

Rusk Smoother Conditioner, 8.5 Ounce
Rusk Smoother Conditioner, 8.5 Ounce
Offered by Altima Beauty
Price: $7.75
12 used & new from $7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hair product, July 18, 2010
I've used Rusk Smoother Conditioner for several years and was distressed when I could no longer find it in my local beauty supply stores. Fortunately, I found it on-line. I have thin very fine hair and most conditioners just weigh it down, making it look thinner and flatter. Rusk Smoother does neither. It just calms down the frizzies and adds shine. Sometimes I even use it after I use a rinse-out conditioner that is supposed to add body. Both still work even when used in tandem. Love it!

The Woman in Black: A Ghost Story
The Woman in Black: A Ghost Story
by Susan Hill
81 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary story, March 19, 2010
I actually picked up this book a few months ago at the local library. Then, by sheer coincidence, a friend raved about a scary movie he had seen and brought over a copy. It turned out to be a British made-for-television version of this book. Quite good. Then I decided that I had to have my own copy of both the book and the movie. I also bought a copy of the book for a friend who loved it... finished it in one day. The story line is more like an old-fashioned ghost story... no monsters or gore. The author paints a verbal picture of the location which really adds to the story. I would highly recommend this book.

Levi's Big Boys' 510 Skinny-Fit Jean, Black Stretch, 8
Levi's Big Boys' 510 Skinny-Fit Jean, Black Stretch, 8
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $20.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Levis for Grandson, January 9, 2010
I was very happy with my recent purchase of Super Skinny Jeans ( Levis) for my grandson for Christmas. I was unable to find them locally so decided to try ordering. Not only were the jeans everything as described but also arrived in plenty of time for Christmas. No problems with the product or the seller.

The English American: A Novel
The English American: A Novel
by Alison Larkin
Price: $15.00
140 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Little Book, November 24, 2009
How I loved this book! I am an avid reader - probably reading at least five or more books a month- so sometimes my choices are disappointing. Not this one. It has joined the list of my favorites and I'll definitely suggest it to my Book Club. It is an interesting story written from the point of view of an adoptee but you don't have to have an adoption connection to enjoy it. I really enjoyed the subtle differences the author brought up between Americans and the English. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good read. Just be sure to put aside the time for it because, believe me, you are not going to want to put it down!
A. Varney