Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Civilized Caveman > Reviews

Browse

Civilized Caveman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Civilized Caveman RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
#AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness
by Gary Vaynerchuk
Price: $17.99
117 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to succeed in Business or Life, Realize Gary is almost always Right!! Take your life on!, March 9, 2016
What I love about Gary is his authenticity and straight to the point attitude. He is always willing to help, inspire and empower anybody who is ready to listen and grow. He lives and breathes his truths, unaffected by others judgements or insecurities which allows for deep, moving and powerful messages delivered right to your soul.

One question and answer in this book is worth the $17 it costs. You may read some and disagree, it may feel uncomfortable, or you may even think the advice is stupid. What I can tell you, is that 99% of the time Gary is right so read this book open and willing to get uncomfortable and grow beyond your own self imposed limitations.

Thank you Gary for delivering such knowledge and power in such a compact form. You kick ass buddy!

nutpods Dairy-free Coffee Creamer, 4-pack (Unsweetened Original)
nutpods Dairy-free Coffee Creamer, 4-pack (Unsweetened Original)
Offered by Nutpods

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe it's not a regular creamer :), May 18, 2015
Honestly, I have been a coffee addict for a long time and eventually transitioned to just drinking black coffee over the years. After receiving this, I quickly converted right back to using this creamer in my coffee and tea. I pair it with some raw honey and it is phenomenal. This is the only product of it's kind on the market and truly full of quality ingredients. I highly recommend.

My Paleo Patisserie: An Artisan Approach to Grain Free Baking
My Paleo Patisserie: An Artisan Approach to Grain Free Baking
by Jenni Hulet
Price: $25.40
62 used & new from $18.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking recipes, flavors and photographs!! Buy this now!, April 12, 2015
Over a year and a half ago, my friend, Jenni Hulet, had an idea for a cookbook. Not just any cookbook but one that had never been create before within the Paleo community. This idea then became a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, which led to the creation of My Paleo Patisserie. It is my greatest pleasure to have watched the evolution of an idea into one of the most amazing cookbooks I have ever seen.

“A party without cake is just a meeting.” Julia Child

In short, My Paleo Patisserie is a cookbook about how to make Paleo versions of classic pastries. Yet, that brief description does not come close to capturing the depth of the cookbook. First, let me just tell you, the pictures are stunning. Even if a person does not make a single recipe from the cookbook, which would be a huge mistake as the recipes are absolutely delicious, just looking at the beautiful photographs would be worth the cost alone. Second, as I just mentioned, the recipes are mind-blowing.

These are not just recipes for everyday desserts but for celebrations. Jenni’s intent was to create a cookbook for those who, due to dietary restrictions and limitations, are unable to freely join in during significant events of friends and loved ones. Celebrations invariably involve food, and My Paleo Patisserie allows people to participate wholeheartedly in these celebrations once again.

"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook – try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun." Julia Child

Let me make this clear: these are not easy to whip up recipes if you have just a few minutes to spare. These are “get out of your comfort zone” Paleo baking recipes. However, do not let this intimidate you! There are recipes for all skill levels. You can start easy with an ice cream recipe, like the one Jenni has so graciously allowed me to share with you, and progress to more complicated recipes as your confidence improves. Of course, you could just jump right in with both feet and make her delicious Opera Cake or Tiramisu. The beauty of My Paleo Patisserie is, as Jenni describes it, that it is a “choose your own adventure” cookbook. There is no right or wrong way to approach these recipes or this cookbook. The recipes are intended to teach various Paleo baking techniques and provide inspiration for a person to create his or her own masterpiece worthy of any celebration and to be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of dietary restrictions.

“Recipes don’t make beautiful and tasty desserts; people do.” Jenni Hulet

To tempt you even further, here are a few of the amazing recipes you will find in My Paleo Patisserie:
- Espresso Cream Filled Eclairs with Candied Bacon
- French Apple Tart
- Vanilla Lavender Bundt Cake with Vanilla Glaze
- Maple Candied Bacon Blondies
- Candied Bacon Marshmallows
- Italian Pesto Pizza
- Popovers

All of the recipes in My Paleo Patisserie are delicious. I’ll stop going on and on about this gorgeous cookbook from my friend, Jenni Hulet, so you can buy it right now. Be sure to share your delicious recipe creations with friends and family as food that is made with love is meant to be shared.

The Wild Diet: Get Back to Your Roots, Burn Fat, and Drop Up to 20 Pounds in 40 Days
by Abel James
Price: $15.64
87 used & new from $11.21

5.0 out of 5 stars It's time to get Wild - And why you need to!!!, April 7, 2015
I have the pleasure of calling Abel a friend after what I would call a divine act of love. I was secretly struggling with bulimia for 12 years of my life when I met Abel, and in a matter of hours he was able to connect with me, encourage me and inspire me to change my life. For the first time ever, I told my secret about my struggles and he listened.

I credit Abel with saving my life. It only started that night, what followed was a ongoing mentorship in which he taught me how to get wild, find my roots and take control of my health. He talked me daily through emotional struggles and roadblocks teaching me how to use food to heal my body which started in my brain.

I tell everyone I meet that Abel is just a pure genius. My favorite part about his genius is the heart that accompanies it. Abel in the simplest terms believes that everyone gets to be healthy and loved. He puts his heart forward and backs it up with his gigantic brain. I have listened to him for years and witnessed first hand the hundreds of thousands of lives he has touched and saved.

He took all of his years of experiences and knowledge and packaged them in this book to help you. From a Ivy League smarty pants, to an accomplished musician, to a big business marketing genius and now The Fat Burning Man, Abel has done it all. He walks the walk and backs it up every day. This book teaches us how to be real humans again which ends with us feeling amazing, living longer and smiling more.

He gives actionable items to reverse obesity, disease, and low-energy problems just by changing the way we eat and incorporating more movement into our lives. The best part, ANYBODY can use this book, it is a one size fits all guide to living a supercharged life. I want to sit here and list every amazing aspect of this book but amazon limits my characters.

Just read the reviews below, they are all amazing because this book is. Go grab your copy now and start living Wild.

-George Bryant, New York Times Best Selling Author
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2015 6:44 PM PDT

Sweet Paleo: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free Delights
Sweet Paleo: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free Delights
by Lea Valle
Price: $12.77
63 used & new from $6.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely mind blowing desserts and flavors. Highly recommend., March 4, 2015
I am not one to normally write amazon reviews, but once I got my hands on Lea Valle's brand new book Sweet Paleo, I knew I had to put my fingers to work on the keyboard.

I have known Lea for quite a few years through the Paleo community and she has always been a shining bright light of joy, love and excitement. I have tried a few of her recipes from her blog, had my taste buds tantalized and stuck onto those recipes. Flipping through the pages of this book, I have about 45 new recipes I want to make RIGHT NOW!!!!

There are just delicious recreations of old favorites before my Paleo days and using real food ingredients that fit within a paleo lifestyle. I am looking forward to the Apple Cider Donuts, The Creme Brulee and the Cinnamon Cheesecake bites. Want to see one of the reasons I am so excited, look at these donuts!!!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Travelpro Marquis 21 Inch Spinner, Black, One Size
Travelpro Marquis 21 Inch Spinner, Black, One Size
Offered by AnnasNYC
Price: $99.85
20 used & new from $69.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing carry on luggage, August 25, 2014
Absolutely perfect Carry on bag. I have used this to go on 7 day trips and fit everything perfectly. The wheels are perfect and roll like a dream.

Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet
by Jimmy Moore
Price: $16.75
94 used & new from $12.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!!!!, August 25, 2014
Jimmy never ceases to amaze me with the vast amount of knowledge he possesses that he translates perfectly into language for every one to understand and implement. He lives his life being in service to others experimenting on himself with everything he can in diet and lifestyle while documenting the process to support others. This book was born from his amazing successes with a ketogenic diet and now he is teaching everyone how to live this way and reap all of the benefits.

Everyday Paleo: Thai Cuisine: Authentic Recipes Made Gluten-free
Everyday Paleo: Thai Cuisine: Authentic Recipes Made Gluten-free
by Sarah Fragoso
Price: $19.96
58 used & new from $8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a little upset about this book!!!!, June 25, 2014
Did my title get you? I am being honest......... I am just upset that I got a book delivered to me and I don't have Sarah herself here to make the recipes. I have been following Sarah for over 3 years and she has never failed to deliver. She dedicates her life to helping and inspiring other people through food and fitness and is unwavering in her dedication.

Sarah's new book Everyday Paleo: Thai Cuisine is a physical manifestation of her heart and passion on paper. I see and know how hard she works and also know how much it takes to write and publish a book. She always steps up to the challenge and she did once again with this book.

Whether you are a seasoned chef or a total newbie this book is for you. Thai is not a cuisine I am familiar with and Sarah translates everything into a simple and easy to follow format. You and everyone you know will love this book!!!!

The Paleo Foodie Cookbook: 120 Food Lover's Recipes for Healthy, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free & Delicious Meals
by Arsy Vartanian
Price: $19.36
116 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is pure perfection!!!!, April 17, 2014
Arsy is talented beyond reproach. I have had the pleasure of eating her food first hand as well as recreating her delicious recipes. They never disappoint and are clearly all created from her heart.

The flavor combinations and dishes that she pairs together give my taste buds a lifetime experience that I want to have daily. Pacnetta wrapped figs, are you kidding me? That is all I needed to say, get it now.

Lifefactory 22-Ounce BPA-Free Glass Water Bottle with Leakproof Cap & Silicone Sleeve, Orange
Price: $19.45
10 used & new from $19.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Water Bottle, April 17, 2014
This is the best water bottle I have ever owned. I use this thing every day and it's super easy to clean and use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3