Profile for Reviews on Amazon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 186

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reviews on Amazon RSS Feed (US)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
The 7 Day Keto Jump Start Plan: A Simple Diet with the Best Recipes for Healthy and Easy Weight Loss (Diet Plan, Ketogenic Diet Menu)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, very knowledgeable and easy to follow guide; with tips for success!, July 3, 2015
I have read a couple of books on this topic that I found here on Amazon and quickly removed them from my Kindle as I found them to be woefully inaccurate either in terms of information or so poorly written it was hard to decipher what they were saying. Thankfully this book was not plagued by any of these issues, and was an interesting read!

It's a fairly quick read but manages to pack a lot of information in, with useful tools to make it easy for anyone considering following a Ketogenic diet!

It beings with a simple background looking at what a ketogenic diet is, how the basic mechanisms work to promote weight loss and the benefits you may see. I was particularly intrigued by the initial case study that was presented from the International Society of Sports Nutritional Journal which pointed out that significant body fat losses were seen amongst a group of athletes who undertook this diet for 30 days without any compromise in terms of athletic performance! As a self professed gym rat, it's nice to know that this might be a way to get beach body ready without feeling exhausted and struggling to get though a workout or the work day!

This book then goes on to look at how long until the body goes into ketosis and methods to figure out if you are in such a state; ways to accelerate the process and things that can hamper it! This is followed by a chapter looking at how to make a transition to this type of diet smooth; I particularly liked the fact that this included a very simple, attainable shopping list broken down into categories such as meats, poultry and seafood; dairy, nuts and seeds and even basic pantry staples, or cooking ingredients. There was also a guide to what portion of your foods should be fats / protein or carbs and a suggestion to ease into this balance.

The book then gives three different one week meal plans and unlike many books I have read, each day is accompanied by the total calorific content, along with the breakdown of fat grams, protein and carbs. This is certainly doable and well balanced with 3 meals and 2 snacks; and the meal plans are followed by simple and attainable recipes!

We then have some great tips and follow up chapters -the importance of proper hydration, and very commendable, the transition off this diet to long term healthy eating which is often lacking in books on this topic. Finally there are some tips for success and leaving nothing out, some motivating words / thoughts!

A really well written, easy to follow guide for anyone contemplating trying a ketogenic diet. I can see this being a great tool for those new or looking to learn more about this type of diet and it makes for a good read!

1mm Cable Italian Chain. Sterling Silver .925 Rolo Style Thin Necklace. 14,16,18,20,24 Inches (16 Inches)
Offered by Josco
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicate, well made chain, durable enough to be worn everyday and hold a small pendant. Priced very well for quality!, July 3, 2015
I have a small diamond pendant that was a gift from my husband and I always wear it; using a slight sliver chain. Over the years I have broken several chains and though you would assume it's easy to find a good, silver chain, it's not!

I need something that I can wear all the time - that will last despite showers, baths and I am an avid swimmer and as I never take my necklace off, it has to stand up to chlorine and not tarnish! I have also had several other problems in finding the idea chain - some tangle at the drop of a hat, and as this pendant is small, I need to make sure that the clasp is not too big to the point that I cannot slip the pendant over it.

This necklace turned out to be the perfect choice! it is a delicate but well made chain and yes, I can attest to the fact that it can be worn always, even in a pool, and will not tarnish. It is a good solid clasp and a single ring on one side that allowed me to get the charm on , with no trouble! The chain itself is pretty and does not tangle!

I am glad I bought it; I was worried about buying the chain online, but it was well worth the purchase and such a great price!

Bodishape Cellulite Cream With Retinol and Caffeine - Guaranteed Fast Acting Body Firming Treatment
Price: $49.95
4 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Caffeine for immediate plumping effect, retinol for long term results, just be consistent and use regularly, June 30, 2015
This is a great product that can be a tool in the battle against cellulite. Now to be fair there are a plethora of reviews here on Amazon that state that this is a miracle product and makes a huge change and make cellulite go away; there are others that state it does nothing and the cellulite stays put! So being the voice of reason let's put this in perspective - cellulite is fat; there are only 2 ways to get rid of fat - the reduction of all over body fat through diet and exercise or the surgical route! If you are expecting this to melt away that cellulite; I am sorry to say that there is no such product! If you are looking to reduce its appearance then this is your product.

What this does is twofold - one the massage function can reduce the appearance of cellulite, as it can help with circulation, detoxification and can help with that fibrous connective tissue that is responsible for giving this fat its appearance. Two, the ingredients can help with the appearance of cellulite. Caffeine helps plump the skin for immediate results and the retinol helps with skin thickness and can over time stop the breakdown of collagen (as this breaks down, can highlight the appearance of cellulite). However it is worth noting that even in prescription products that contain higher allowed amounts of retinol, the approving appearance of skin can take 6-8 weeks and can take 3-6 months in OTC products.

This product used consistently over time can improve the appearance of cellulite, between a massaging action, the caffeine for that immediate plumping boost and the retinol to help prevent that collagen breakdown (and note the retinol can help eliminate dull, dead skin within days so can have a quick improving function); you have a great product at a fraction of the cost of similar brand names ; most of which do not contain retinol. It is a generous sized jar that will last about three / four weeks. All the ingredients are listed on the jar so they fully disclose what you get. It has a fresh smell and my sensitive skin tolerated this well. It did not feel sticky. All in all a great product, just know that you need to be consistent, use it every day and for best results, you need to make dietary and exercise adjustments.

Moroccanoil Weightless Mask Travel Size 2.53oz
Moroccanoil Weightless Mask Travel Size 2.53oz
Offered by LUX Style
Price: $11.99
13 used & new from $9.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing mask, smells great and conditions without weighing hair down and good size for travel !, June 29, 2015
The Moroccan oil Weightless Mask was a product recommended to me by my hairdresser - I am an avid swimmer who cannot stand the feel of a swim cap, I color my hair and own a plethora of hot hair tools, so suffice to say sometimes my hair needs a little TLC and after she used this on me at my last hair appointment I was hooked.

Now this travel size is a great chance to try the product before committing to the full size and even then note that it is slightly pricey for the amount you get...but for me the results are worth it so you be the judge.

To help you - I used this 2.53 oz size (and note I received a small tube not the tub as shown in the picture which is usually the full sized product) and got about 4 or 5 uses out of it. I tend to use a lot in one go and my hair is long, so you can probably be a bit more sparing and get a little more - but not much more - use out of it! But ultimately this size would be great just to take on a trip or to see if this product is right for you, before spending upwards of $40. I also really liked the fact that you are able to get every last drop of the product out of the tube as nothing is more frustrating than spending money on a product then having residual amounts left behind due to poor packaging!

I use this about once a week usually post swim and leave on for about 5 minutes. The smell is great and this scent lasts even when the mask has been washed out. It is very conditioning and I am easily able to pull a comb right through after use. My hair is very soft without being weighed down and does not have any feeling of residual product being left in which can often happen with hair masks or deep conditioners! It really has made a difference to my hair.

This was enough to convince me to purchase the full size product - it works, smells amazing and really conditions my hair! Great product!

Shapewear Camisole For Women by Bodishape- Make Your Body Look Firmer- Guaranteed Swap To Fit- 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, very lightweight and great for creating a smooth silhouette under your clothes!, June 28, 2015
To be honest I have never purchased shape wear before but when I was given a chance to try this , I decided to go ahead as I do like wearing lightweight tanks under more sheer shirts or those really low neck sweaters. However so far regardless of brand - Banana Republic, Gap, White House Black Market as examples, I find the tanks a little short despite the fact that I am on the shorter side myself and they always ride up which does not create a smooth silhouette nor feel great; and of course, adds bulk which no girl wants!

This Bodishape Camisole was very light weight which I really liked . it cannot be detected under clothes due to both the fabric and the great natural shade. Best of all - finally a camisole that does not ride up; in fact it has a slightly longer and wider section of fabric below the tummy shaper to keep you covered. I like the fact that being so light, it does not add heat -where I live, the last thing I need is warm layers so that was a nice aspect!

It has a very soft feel particularly at the bust and hem area, then the center section is a soft, stretchy band to give that shape wear its hold. Now I am a size 4 and the item that was provided to me was a medium. I felt any smaller would be too small, if it were a regular camisole but that said, it order to get the compression and smoothing effect ; the smaller size would have probably had more of a hold and effect. That said, it really does create a smooth silhouette where a traditional camisole would not and for that reason, it is great under tees, tops and dresses and I am sticking with this size!

I also went ahead and machine washed this on cold, and let air dry for the purposes of giving it a review. It washed beautifully, with no change in fabric, color or size - it was 23 inches in length prior to being washed and the same post wash! So you are getting a quality, durable item. The only thing people might want to note - a nonissue for me but some might light this feature - is that the straps are not adjustable. But beyond that I love the fact that this is so light weight and helps create nice lines under clothes while not adding heat, bulk or color! Great item!

Foxnovo® FP10 10400mAh Lithium Polymer Ultra-thin Aluminum Alloy Dual-Port Backup External Battery Chargers Power Bank Charger for iPhone 6, 5S 5, 4S 4, iPod, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4 3 2, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 4 Note 3 Tab 2, Sony, HTC, Blackberry and Most USB Devices (Silver)
Offered by Foxnovo Store
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It far exceeded our expectations as it is durable, sleek, fast, and the 4 in 1 USB is an excellent feature. Exceptional value!, June 25, 2015
When I got a chance to try this product in order to review - I jumped at it; for all parents who have gone on a long distance flight with kids know that these days they are -unfortunately - addicted to technology, which means electronics drain quickly and certainly do not hold for the duration of a day's worth of travel ! And then you are stuck with this new generation of people who simply do not know how to entertain themselves which means a hellish trip...so a backup plan..and battery..is a must!

Enter the Foxnovo FP10 Backup External Battery Charger. Now this is not my first external charger, as last year I purchased the EasyAcc Power Bank which was good and did the job! Only this is better! It is a small compact size (4.75" x 2.5 " x 0.75") , and a solid, well made little device with an aluminum exterior that is durable and comes complete with a little soft cloth bag that is well positioned when travelling.

It comes with a USB cable that has 4 different device options, including both the new and old Apple products and a micro USB which as a Kindle lover, I much appreciate ! This allows you to travel lighter and mitigates the risk of losing extra cords! But the best feature, it charges two devices at once at fast speed (far faster than the EasyAcc) and still has a little life left at the end! I also loved the fact that this has an LED light system that indicates how much power is left in this external charger , so no more guessing .

It far exceeded our expectations as it is durable, sleek, fast, and the 4 in 1 USB is an excellent feature .For the price point, this is an excellent buy and I wish I had come across this first. A great option for travel or those of us who are road warriors and have to meet those company expectations to be connected at all times!

BodiSure Cellulite Massager - Smooth Skin, Reduce Cellulite & Increase Circulation - Durable Wood & Soft, Water Proof Rubber - Unique Nodules Prevent Abrasions - Ideal Addition To Your Skincare Regime
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product. well made and beautifully packaged! A good tool in the battle against cellulite!, June 24, 2015
I received an offer to try this product and though why not as I had recently began dry body brushing which is purported to have a slew of health benefits such as increasing circulation, detoxification and helping with more even distribution of fat deposits in the body. I have tried loofha's , dry brushes and now had the opportunity to try this -the BodiSure Premium wooden Massage Mitt with the understanding that this is more a massage tool, that, can be an aid to reducing the appearance of cellulite!

Now beginning with the elephant in the room -cellulite, I think it's important to note, that it is essentially subcutaneous fat that presents in up to 90% of the female population and due to its distribution in fibrous connective tissue, looks unsightly. However, as it is fat, the only thing that is going to reduce it, is diet and exercise. This and other such products are not meant to reduce cellulite, but instead the appearance of cellulite! This is an important differentiation as there have been reviews indicating it does not work. Given time, this can help with the bumpy look and can minimize the appearance of cellulite! However, it does require patience, a commitment to keep using and ideally a lifestyle change too, in which fat and salt in the diet is reduced.

The product is very well made, and presents in a nice little gift box (though not too sure I would give a cellulite massager to even my closest friends as they might not appreciate the implication). It is made of strong wood, with a fabric handle that fits the hand well and is made to last. It's a great size, as it fits nicely in the palm of the hand and is something that is small enough to pop in my gym bag to use post workout ! It has a face of what looks like wooden or rubber nodes that are firm enough to massage the skin and really work on that fibrous tissue that is responsible for the orange peel look! This may well work in a similar fashion to dry body brushing as it could indeed stimulate lymphatic flow without being too rough, so ideal for those that have sensitive skin!

I use mine as a dry mitt, as this does have an air filled pocket where the nodes sit, and if used wet, as directed, water might get in and cause mold. That said, I have not tried this, and directions do state to use in a shower, so use as you feel fit!

Good quality product and I am hoping with continued use, along with exercise and diet, that my pins will be in tip top shape come vacation time :)

[Apple MFi Certified] Foxnovo® 2.6ft 2-in-1 Lightning & Micro USB Cable, Sync Data & Cable Charging Cord for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus 4 5 7 10, HTC, Nokia and Other Android Phones Tablets (Green)
Offered by Foxnovo Store
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges my Kindle and my iPhone. It's durable, does not tangle, easily spotted making it great for travel! ! Incredible value., June 23, 2015
hen I got a chance to try this product, the Foxnovo 2.6 ft 2 in 1 cable ; my initial thoughts were: okay, it's a cable, always handy, can never have enough - the kids are always running off with one and yes I will admit to having left the odd one art an airport, hotel etc - so though not super excited about a cable;, I was willing to give it a fair try!

However, as an avid Kindle owner, I had overlooked one very big point - I can travel with my Apple devices- and my Kindle; with only ONE cable!! I have to travel, sometimes frequently for work, and always take my Kindle as my Apple devices are company owned so I cannot download books on them. This means that though one adapter will suffice, I always had to take two cords, generally resulting in a tangled mess by the end of the day or that period of panic as I assumed I had lost my kindle cord. Not any more, as this has the standard USB port on one side, but the other has a choice of ports for either Apple or Android devices.

This is also a thick, hearty cable, and lies flat at .5 cm, meaning it does not get tangled which is also a bonus when travelling ; and for those of us who have a habit losing things, the bright neon green makes this hard to miss! It has a little spring at the top which holds the Apple port in place if you are using the Android port which keeps it all together nicely. And of course, most importantly it charged all full speed which is important if you are relying on one cable to take care of all your devices.

Will buy more as it will save me from constantly having to unravel the kids iPad cords as those pesky Apple white wires tangle at the drop of a hat! In fact, I would say I prefer this to both the cable that came with my phone and Kindle -it charges either, is durable, it easy to spot, does not tangle and is perfect for travel! It is also an unbeatable price for the quality!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker, Lime
Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker, Lime
Price: $59.31
18 used & new from $49.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, really good for tracking overall fitness; does more that I ever expected and stays put during all workouts!, June 16, 2015
To be honest I have steered away from "fitness trackers" in the past as I was a little leery of wearing a wireless device 24/7 but this little gadget is the perfect compromise!

I finally caved in for two reasons - one my job requires a lot of drive time and though I work out each morning, I was really curious as to how much actual activity I was getting in each day and how many calories I burn. And two, I participate in a Vitality program through work which gives discounts of healthy insurance and prizes - Amazon gift certificates for me - when my fitness and health is logged; so now I can get additional points with this little gadget; and seeing how much activity I do is pretty interesting!

Set up was quick and a breeze - worth noting there are no actual instructions as such in the box, just the website to set this up! It is small enough to wear under clothes (sometimes I keep it in my purse during the day -still works the same) and does more than I thought! Not only does it track steps, but through the app on my phone I can also input other workouts I do such as swimming , what I have eaten (though you have to get a little creative on this as it is not as comprehensive as something like My Fitness Plan which has many more food types to choose from), how much water I have had, and it will tell me calories in verses calories out! If you are looking to lose weight, you can input a goal and it will tell you how many calories you are allowed each day verses how much you have burned via exercise and the steps you have taken.

This little gizmo syncs whenever it is close to my phone and for those that have something like a Vitality or other health account, I was able to input my Fit Bit account information and earn points within 24 hours of my activity ! It really is interesting seeing how many steps you take! Day one I had no problem hitting 12000 as I had a tough workout including the elliptical and treadmill, both of which really rack up the steps total; but day two began with swimming which though I can log for calorie burn, does not count towards steps, and that combined with a long drive time, meant hitting 5000 was hard! Now I am really incentivized to do more activity in the evening to get my step count up!

Great device, really good for tracking overall fitness , comes with all you need including a great little cover with a grip that means this things stays put (even in a very hot, humid yoga class - trust me I tried)! Wish I had purchased this sooner!!

Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi's Guide to Discovering Your Best Self
Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi's Guide to Discovering Your Best Self
by Nicole Lindstrom
Price: $17.00
70 used & new from $14.55

5.0 out of 5 stars A visually stunning, well written and thought / action provoking guide to becoming "your best self". Love this book!, June 14, 2015
This book is simply stunning and inspirational! Whether you are new to or thinking about starting yoga (and are looking for a background rather than a guide, more on that later) , have been practicing for some time or are a committed Yogi; this book will have something for you!

To begin with this is a large, well written and simply stunning book! Filled with amazing imagery of stunning scenery from around the world, yoga poses and people simply being in the moment; it is worth it just for the quality and depth of the photography. But, if course, this goes far beyond that!

This book was authored by -among others, Jeff Krasno - the Cofounder of the Wanderlust Festivals. As stated in the introduction "The dictionary describes wanderlust as an innate desire to travel"; and with that "Wanderlust is a base camp for ideas and practices from master teachers, provocative thinkers, mind/body experts, cutting edge artists and conscious business leaders that set the coordinates for your journey" , helping you "cultivate your own best self, to find your true north". This culture and with it the guiding principles in this book are a great tool in helping you become the best that you can be. As stated, it will take you from simple daily practices to a pathway to becoming a leader in this world; but it is also pointed out that this is a life long journey and this book just "gets you out of the harbor. You must skull ahead"

So what is this book? It is comprised 8 chapters loaded with yoga, recipes, advice for living well, written exercises (with areas of the book that you can write in as you work through those exercises), stories , quotes, learning. It really is a 360 approach.

Chapter one is finding your practice with detailed information about yoga, meditation, daily intentions. There is a thirty day challenge centered around yamas (moral principles) and niyamas (observances). A spot to begin journaling, and this is a pathway to get started.

Chapter two is finding your direction; thinking about what path you want and how that can help us get to where we want to be in life and includes a guide to breathing, or rather being present with the breath. There is a interesting guide to Hindi deities; an exercise in thinking about your future self and creating a vision board.

Chapter three: Find your core and includes being truthful ( I chuckled a little at the exercise of documenting and owning lies; as I will admit to resorting to white lies to get out of things or avoid hurting people which is never a great idea in the long run.) There is a also a really great guide to hand and foot acupuncture - Sujok, which I found fascinating! It is in chapter three that we also find the first photography of yoga poses tied into chakras and those new to yoga might want to be aware that in the previous two chapters, the routines are illustrated via stick figures, so those new to practicing will likely have a hard time following along!

Chapter 4 is find your heart , learning to love yourself then others, including guides to places you can go to find solitude or adventure and a written exercise looking at things, people and places that you love. Chapter 5 centers around community looking at everything from volunteering to community supported agriculture ; and exploring famous faces and their yoga exploration.

Chapter 6 I really love - finding your creative spark; which I believe we all have, but it can often be suppressed as we work , work , work then end our day exhausted as we try and keep up with life and others; as opposed to finding what makes us happy. Also, side note, as a chocolate lover, I was happy to see a section on "yoga and chocolate". Chapter 7 is finding your center and looks at building an alter as your own sacred space . Also dealing with stress and in particular the cortisol that is making the nation, fat, inflamed, chronically ill and leads to premature aging with tips to "rehab cortisol and get reentered".

Finally chapter 8: finding your true north full of shared stories; putting the onus for change on you , the reader, being successful and accordingly., just like we do at the end of yoga, finishing with a reflection on Savasana , Om and Namaste.

This book will live on my nightstand for some time to come as I will want to look at it, read it and refer to it again and again. I simply love the message, the challenges, the thoughts, and the stunning, amazing pictures! As noted earlier, this is a guide for discovering your best self, encompassing amongst other things, yoga ; so those new to the practice, might want to note, this is not a guide how to do yoga, but the base for becoming a new you and exploring the practice some more. Those familiar with yoga will love this and I really feel in this rat race we all live, in , slowing down and becoming our best selves is a mantra we can all live by!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19