Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Reviews on Amazon > Reviews

Browse

Reviews on Amazon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 243
Top Reviewer Ranking: 810

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reviews on Amazon RSS Feed (US)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
IDOU LED Bluetooth Speaker Smart Bedroom Night Light Lamp with App Control, Mini Portable Hands-free Wireless Speaker Support Stereo Music & Alarm Clock for iPhone iPad Samsung LG Oneplus HTC and more
Offered by IDOU Direct
Price: $27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, sound is fine, fun lightshow; great for kids. far smaller than pictures would have you believe, May 5, 2016
I was sent this at a discounted rate for review purposes and all I can say was thank goodness I did not pay for it; or it would be on the road back to Amazon. As my profile states; I am upfront and honest about my experiences with products and discounted does not equal a five start reviews, such is the case here.

It’s not that this is a terrible product, but first off, I have an issue with misleading pictures. The item page shows people with this on their nightstand; and a women reading with this in sight and the picture certainly does not depict the fact that this is the size of a small cappuccino cup -I have added a picture (Pic 2 ) for your reference, so you know exactly what you are paying for. The second thing I took issue with was the fact that this arrived dirty – it looked like a return and was thoroughly marked (pic 3, this shows how it arrived!!) That could just be a one off, but it did not impress me and would have irked me had I paid full price

The item needs to be charged upon arrival via the micro USB but I like the fact that this does not need batteries, and is easy to pair. The light show was a nice feature and you can control the modes via your smart phone or other paired device; which was a feature I did like. It can be used as an alarm, Bluetooth speaker; MP3 player or to stream music. It has a range up to 33 ft according to the website, but as you get closer to that upper end, you do start to lose clarity.

The sound is not bad, especially when you consider the price point; and having tried other such speakers in this price range which I have found quite tinny sounding; this certainly beats that and would be fun for outdoors or travel; and certainly a nice idea for kids as it would double as a night light. I honestly would have given this more, if the product pictures more accurately depicted what you get as I can see a lot of customers being upset at the item being so much smaller than the ad would have you believe.
Comment Comment | Permalink

350ml Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser, IDEAPRO Wood Grain Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with Color LED Lights Changing, Waterless Auto Shut-off
Offered by IDEAPRO
Price: $67.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This works well, has a subtle light show and is nice enough to leave on a counter even when not in use!, April 30, 2016
I love aromatherapy and with a vast collection of oils, I love these types of diffusers as a safer and healthier way to scent the air and add light humidity.

Most of my aroma diffusers are plastic or glass, and generally, when unlit they are not the most attractive things. Also plastic and glass tends to become a little discolored or shows up the oils after some time; so this particular diffuser with its wood grain look was a nice change!

With a 350 ml capacity, it is great as I can fill it in the evening and leave it to run all night, getting about 8 hours use. It does have an auto shut off function which is useful; and it is also ultra quiet. If you are looking for a diffuser I do recommend looking for a larger capacity as anything much below this, tends to run out of water, and hence stop functioning in a short period of time regardless of what the seller states.

This has a light feature which is subtle, but also something I like, as though I love the opaque diffusers which provide more of a light show; they can be annoying at night, when I do not need to sleep though bright, constantly changing colors. In this particular diffuser, the light show appears from the ring at the center, and you always have the option of turning off the color show.

In terms of adding aromatherapy to the air, everyone of these type models states add one or two drops - but quite frankly, you barely notice any scent even when using potent oils such as lavender or tea tree; so for this reason, I always add at least 10, and as long as you make sure you clean it out frequently; it does not cause any harm. This way you get a marvelous relaxing scented home.

Finally one of the best things about this is the overall aesthetics. This works well, has a subtle light show and is nice enough to leave on a counter even when not in use!

Briskbars, Natural Caffeinated Nutrition Bars, Vegan, GF, Non-GMO, Dark Chocolate Coconut, 0.88oz Bars (Pack of 12)
Offered by BRISKBARS
Price: $23.88

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the dense nutrition, the taste, and energy In a convenient bar that is loaded with natural ingredients, April 26, 2016
I begin my day with a workout, then spend the rest of my day at work where I travel a great deal and usually have to eat on the go. I like portable healthy foods and often augment this with post workout protein bars which are often too sweet or just unappetizing.

I came across these bars when the reviewer, noting my penchant for reviewing vegan books and health items , sent me a couple to try - good move as I will certainly be buying these.

It's worth noting a few points before considering if these are for you : On account of the 70% dark chocolate , this is somewhat bitter. I personally despise the artificial sugar taste of many energy bars so liked this given that it was not too sweet and did not have that weird artificial sugar taste. The coconut does provide some sweet balance but if you are not a fan of dark chocolate, be aware that you might not like these or may take some building up to. It also is a small snack - though loaded with good energy ingredients in 100 calories, it's a few bites and not going to fill your belly but again this is exactly what I am looking for. It would be be a great small portable snack for endurance athletes, road or hiking trips. I really like the fact that this a nutrient dense bar with an energy hit.

I think I gave the bar the ultimate test: The day they arrived was not a good one for me as we had suddenly and unexpectedly lost a family member. I was operating on at best 90 minutes of sleep , had left work early on realizing I was too exhausted to drive safely; had to tell my kids the news, provide support to my husband who had left town suddenly to deal with this and clean up after guests. I had eaten little and these arrived so I immediately ate one as I was shaky and these were in the mail box. It was enough punch to get me through the next few hours and give me the energy I needed to pull through, a few calories before a meal, and a caffeine hit, yet I still slept well just a few hours later so it does not have the lingering effects of coffee or give jitters.

Comment Comment | Permalink

X&Y ANGEL New Fashion Straight Hair Two Tone Brown Root to Grey Ombre Resistant Fiber Synthetic Wigs
Offered by X&Y ANGEL®
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great wig for the price, stays put, good look, minor initial fallout., April 23, 2016
In full disclosure I was offered this at a discounted rate for review purposes and decided to try it as oddly enough I start planning for Halloween very early ( as you get great deals on costumes out of season). So my review is based on chosing this solely as a costume accessory

I have tried a couple of wigs over the last few years and this one is actually a reality good deal when you consider the price. Now with that in mind there is some fall out at the beginning and I did notice several strands of hair on the floor after removing it from its package but not excessive and it did not continue to fall out significantly so I think it will hold up. There is also a little bit of a crude seam on the top and unfortunately it is in the area of the front but you can brush sons strands over of mask it a little.

Beyond that it was really not bad considering it costs so little. It is comfortable and fits well; and really does stay in place. The hair is abundant and thick; it's pretty long and the color is great.

As this color is trending right now but requires some commitment and work - this would be a rather inexpensive and effective way to get a feel for the look before making the change.

All in all one if the better wigs I have tried; great for costumes; or to try a new look
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pandaing 1.5"x3.8" Set of 6 Outdoor and Indoor Classic Pillar Dancing LED Flameless Candles with Timer & 10-key Remote Control, Batteries Included, Ivory Color
Offered by Pandaing US Store
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $31.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price for set of 6, including batteries and remote. Looks good when lit, but aesthetics not that good when unlit!, April 16, 2016
I will admit to being skeptical when I first laid eyes on these. As most battery operated candles have a fixed almost bulb like item at the top acting as the wick, but these had what looked like a floppy piece of card attached to a spring and being frank, they looked cheap. However when switched on, the effect is really pretty neat as it moves around creating the look of a gas flame which was quite impressive.

The price seems a tad steep, but then I compared to similar items sold as places such as World Market, and in this case you get 6, they have a remote control to control the functions, whereas most in the same price point do not, and bonus points…they come with batteries already installed. When switched on the top third lights up, giving the look of a traditional candle and they have quite a nice effect. I could use these outdoors as I would not have to worry about the breeze, and they a nice to use in a darkened room during yoga when I really do not want candle smoke or smells filling the room! Also great for homes where there are kids or pets around, as they do not have the accident risk.

The candles do have a timer option which is a nice feature – allowing you to set them for predefined periods of time - 2/4/6/8 hours; which was a nice feature. Aesthetically they are okay, - this company sent me large candles also which did not work as well -but the outside had the look and feel of a wax candle –these are just plastic and not very real looking.

Given the fact that you get 6, the remote time option and batteries included; as well as the flame looking realistic when lit I would give them 4 stars, removing one for the fact that they do not look that great when not in use so I would not leave them out for use. I will update as to the long term durability.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Cabinet Lighting, H&G® 18 LED Wireless USB Charging Motion Sensor Night Light/ Stick-on Anywhere Portable Security Stairs Light -- Warm White
Offered by Mambate USA
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, easy to use and recharge, April 14, 2016
I have a dark and rather steep stairway leading from my house down to my garage and though it does have lights ; I have on several occasions headed up the stairs, hands full, and as the garage closes I am stuck on a dark stairwell clawing my way to the light at the top so an automatic light is handy.

This is small and sleek- a little shorter than a standard ruler and is easily charged via USB. It sticks onto the wall via 3M tape and as our garage walks are a little textured, it did struggle a little bit here and I am not sure how long it will stay secure but there are fixes for that

You can set it to 30 or 60 seconds and as soon as it detects movement - in our case I would say 7-8 feet away; it shines brightly.

I had tried another one if these that was battery operated and overlooked the fact that you would have to rip off the wall to replace batteries; this light however simply slides out of its base for easy charging

It's a good price for a handy light that can be used in any dark places that do not have an available outlet

Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body
Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body
by Amie Valpone
Price: $13.31
75 used & new from $11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, and a comprehensive guide to detoxifying not only your diet, but your life in general; loaded with information., April 9, 2016
Beautiful book, and a comprehensive guide to detoxifying not only your diet, but your life in general; loaded with useful information and amazing recipes.

I bought this book after a magazine I subscribe to featured some of the recipes contained within this book; they looked amazing, and I decided to learn more which lead me to make a purchase. The book is beautiful and clean, mirroring the subject matter and features beautiful photography.

The author – Amie Valpone began her journey to a clean diet after long suffering from a range of ailments that were not addressed by modern medicine; and in seeking a true solution turned to a clean diet and detoxing which bettered her life forever. Though I do not suffer any ailments, I do believe strongly that our health is affected by what we put into our diet; and a lot of modern ailments are derived from a packaged food diet that is loaded with chemicals and is making our Nation overweight, sick and feel generally miserable. Just think how your body feels after a night of indulging in rich food, alcohol and sugar -we do not feel our sprightly best the next day!!

The book begins with a little on the author’s journey from sickness to health and how integral diet was to that passage of her life. Then she explores the need to detox – her eating clean manifesto, why detox, the basis of the 21 day elimination diet – what to include exclude, as well as helpful tips (I really loved the hidden names for sugar as its far more comprehensive than anything else I have seen), there is also an exercise to complete so you can record what you eliminated and any results; a guide to cleaning up and stocking up -again comprehensive and detailed, then the reintroduction of foods.

I also really loved the fact that Amie goes beyond the kitchen and explores the beauty items we use, our homes and our office with detailed information on how to create the cleanest and healthiest environment. It made for interesting reading and was simple, attainable advice.

Then the book goes into the diet, beginning with a useful guide to prep – it has ideas for saving scraps for later use, tips for soaking and cooking of key ingredients such as beans, grains, nuts and seeds, a guide to gluten free grains – it is a really useful resource, before the book delves into recipes which are divided into: Breakfast, small bites; appetizers and soups, salads, main course, sides, drinks, dips/spreads/dressings, and sweet treats.

There is something for everyone and every level of cook, with recipes ranging from simple and minimal steps, to more complex and time consuming; but generally al had both easily sourced ingredients and were doable within any kitchen without the need for a plethora of gadgets – this differs from many such books I have which require a trip to Whole Foods along with a rather big budget. Also a big kudos for recipes that were unique – as my reviews might show, I own a lot of vegan and vegetarian cookbooks and they all seem to copy one another with one ingredient swapped out “here is my avocado on toast, I use a pepper “ etc etc!! It gets old fast; but this book is loaded with new, fresh recipes that I have not seen on countless other blogs or in books! And by the way, if you are a dessert fan…wow!! The almond butter cups are so simple, yet so delicious.

The book ends with a sample 2 week detox meal plan; pantry list information on integrative and functional medicine testing and finally a list of resources for futher information. In short nothing was left out; this is truly a comprehensive guide!

Eaternity: More than 150 Deliciously Easy Vegan Recipes for a Long, Healthy, Satisfied, Joyful Life
by Jason Wrobel
Price: $14.87
51 used & new from $13.58

5.0 out of 5 stars My absolute favorite vegan book to date. So well written, you could read it cover to cover as opposed to just recipe by recipe!, April 5, 2016
Though Jason Wrobel has been a name on the Vegan scene for quite some time, I only recently became aware of him through the publication of this book which looked right up my alley. I went ahead , made the purchase and signed up for his blog where I was immediately initiated into his style with an amazing recipe for a Miso turmeric quinoa bowl which was both simple to make and delicious. And super healthy to boot. I was hooked and could not wait for this book which did not disappoint!!

His story immediately resonated with me – as he became vegan through health concerns; the death of a family member and concerns for diseases acquired though the food chain, most notably Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease; which as a Brit growing up in the UK where this disease was very present in the cattle industry; was the starting basis for my now 23 year long vegetarian lifestyle. However unlike a lot of food bloggers who are self taught and then publish books, Jason is professionally trained and has studies alongside other vegan chefs, including Matthew Kenney, many of whose books I own!

This book stands apart from anything else in the class for a number of reasons. Not just a recipe book, it looks at the science behind what we eat, exploring research around vegan diets and the outcome of heath -citing numerous credible studies, not his own opinion. Then in breaking from tradition; the book does not flow in the usual manner of smoothies, breakfast, snacks, lunch etc; but looks at specific foods for specific concerns or outcomes. It is also worth noting that this book is not just a recipe / food book, but an all encompassing lifestyle and wellness guide which tips throughout on living healthier and better.

The book features 14 different categories, ranging from foods for those looking to detox, feel less stress or just looking for energy; to specific concerns like better sex, and build more muscle and immunity. I love the diversity and the fact that there is something to appeal to every reader. Each category is loaded with useful and again scientific information that explores the given concern and how foods can play a role in addressing the matter. There are simple facts such as top foods that meet the concern, to specific nutrients one should be looking for. And best of all, this entire book is written in a fun, conversational manner that is down to earth, easy to understand and refrains from the often preachy tones one might find in books of this nature.

Many of the recipes are simple using fresh seasonal ingredients and a minimal number of steps to assemble the dishes! Now the one caveat here is you will need a well stocked pantry of vegan staples (and note there is a good guide towards the back of the book) but even then be prepared for some shopping at specialty stores as there are some obscure ingredients that do pop up. For example, though I do have maca, boabab and nutritional yeast, I did not stock guar gum, cistanche extract powder or chaga mushroom powder in my pantry; though randomly that last one was in my Amazon wish list so I must have read something about it recently. That said, there are many, many recipes that are simple are attainable with a trip to any grocery store for example, the Black Bean Garbanzo salad is ready for my lunch tomorrow right down to the jicama chips thanks to Trader Joes and their ready to eat slices!

The recipes are plenty and diverse, there are ideas for any time of the day; and everything from smoothies and snacks, to salads, main meals and desserts. I also love the fact that many of the dressings such as the cashew cream are not overly complicated or fussy to make which is the case in most other books I own!

Finally I simply love the resource guide at the end, which is loaded with useful links to websites to shop for various foods and gadgets as well as further advice. It is part of a journey to wellness and leaves offering more for those who want to explore further!

To date this is my absolute favorite vegan book and is so well written, you could read it cover to cover as opposed to just recipe by recipe!

Soldering Iron Kit,SeresRoad 60W Adjustable Temperature Welding Solder Iron with 5pcs Different Tips, Stand, anti-static Tweezers and Additional Solder Wire for Variously Repaired Usage
Offered by DigitalEra US
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, works well, useful for hobbies and small projects and contains all you need to use right out of the box!, April 3, 2016
Once in a blue moon, when I get a rare moment of free time, I enjoy making jewelry and a small, inexpensive soldering gun comes in handy for securing the ends and fixings.

This particular model is inexpensive which works for small projects and infrequent use, but is rather incredible value when you add the fact that you get 5 additional soldering iron tips included which add some versatility, as well as 15 g of solder wire and the tweezers. With the price in mind and the fact that this works well, heats quickly does a stellar job and is a complete kit ready to go out the box, you cannot go far wrong.

The temperature is adjustable which a nice feature is, though please bear in mind. This is measured in Celsius not Fahrenheit. That works for me as a Brit but, it’s not a big deal as the conversions are pretty easy to figure out. It is easy to operate, a nice size and great for hobbies or small projects around the house.

Aim True: Love Your Body, Eat Without Fear, Nourish Your Spirit, Discover True Balance!
by Kathryn Budig
Price: $16.28
52 used & new from $12.28

5.0 out of 5 stars This book encompasses so many different facets (yoga, food, meditation) and will be a go to resources I use again and again!, March 30, 2016
I love this book – I have books on yoga, some of meditation, some packed full of healthy recipes but this one encompasses all these areas and more making it both a useful one stop resource – and a money saver as you get many books in one.

The book aims to guide you to a better you. The author -Kathryn Budig is a yoga teacher (whose DVD and Big Book of Yoga, I have and love) and an inspiration speaker; guiding people to develop their own intentions and then achieve them in the healthiest and most balanced way. It begins by examining the term “Aim True” and how this came to be the mantra of the author herself.

This begins with the first section: Love your Body; which is full of inspirational idea, exercises to complete such as “Aim libs” or starting a journal; and encourages you to take a look at whom you are and who you want to be. Then moving your body: exercise -and I think I give kudos for real pictures of real people -there are no airbrushed images here so the book keeps it real, mirroring the writing. For yoga, rather than diving straight into a workout, there is a comprehensive guide to the whys behind yoga and tips to create a successful home practice. This is then followed by 6 sequences you can use, and while I probably will not use this guide much as I have been practicing for a number of years and do so in a class, I think it is an excellent guide as the pictures show your form and the descriptions are clear and easy to follow.

Then we move to food, and again it’s a well written guide, examining common allergens you might want to avoid in an elimination trial, how we look at food and some healthy food swaps. I particularly like the 5 day purification process as it’s easy to follow, not overly restrictive and the food is super easy to make such as the egg scramble, kale salad, citrus smoothie -its also worth noting that this is not vegetarian , but as one myself , the swaps and options are easy to make. The book features over 5o recipes and I already tried some as they were featured in my Yoga magazine prior to the release of this book – the Quinoa Kale Tabbouleh was simple to make and delicious; and this morning my kids enjoyed the protein bars which were far tastier than others I have attempted and conveniently, like most of this book, featured ingredients I have, and do not require trips to Whole Foods, as well as a plethora of expensive equipment!

Nourish your spirit includes developing a medication practice, which I love as it’s something I keep meaning to do and keeping it simple and easy means I am more likely to get there one of these days; the chapter includes tips, styles, mantras. The bath ritual also sounded rather divine; and this is followed by discovering balance, something I always strive for and I loved the inclusion here of homeopathic self care and beauty which includes tips on essential oils, oil pulling, skin brushing as well as great beauty recipes. There is also a guide in attaining balance depending on where you need it and the steps to get there and finally I loved the resources guide at the end with places to find yoga items, food and natural beauty!

This is well written, easy to follow and not pretentious. I love the fact that this book encompasses so many different facets and will be a go to resource I use again and again!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20