Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Reviews on Amazon > Reviews

Browse

Reviews on Amazon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 243
Top Reviewer Ranking: 805

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reviews on Amazon RSS Feed (US)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Highest Quality Frosted Glass Roll On Bottles - 1/3oz(10ml) - 6 Pack with Stainless Steel Metal Roll-On Balls - Free Recipe eBook Ideal For Essential Oils, Perfumes, Aromatherapy (Green Lids)
Offered by Sunny Acres Farm
Price: $10.95
4 used & new from $10.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bottles, incredible price for set of 6 and roller balls hold securely with no leaking., May 27, 2016
have been a huge aromatherapy fan for years and own a large collection of both essential and carrier oils. Though I do make my own sprays for home scents, natural bug repellant and the like I have been meaning, but never got around to making my own perfume oil blends as it’s a fraction of the cost of store bought products and you have complete quality and scent control.

These were offered to me at a discounted rate, but even at full rate they are good value as similar bottles at Whole Foods run about $5.99 a piece though they do have the darker blue or amber glass which does protect the integrity of the oils and stop breakdown, but still this is a good price for a set of 6.

The bottles are good quality, nice thicker glass and frosted which is a nice touch. As other have mentioned, it’s a shame but the tops do not match the quality of the glass and I would have gladly paid a bit more for a better finish; but they did not lose further color upon contact with the oils which is something as essential oils can break down materials quite easily but there was no color loss on these lids upon contact with the oils.

The roller balls are packaged separately which was a nice touch as it was really easy to fill the bottle then apply the roller ball. You have to push down very firmly to get it in place, but once there it is secure and no oils leak out which is the most important thing. It also comes with a little dropper for more precise measurements of oil.

I made some oils using apricot carrier oil, lavender, Clary sage and neroli which turned out amazing and as you use your own oils in your own quantities you can end up with a more potent oil mix so you can use less and the scent stays. Beats store bought perfumes any day for a fraction of the cost and none of the chemicals. Great product.

Tibetan Buddhist 108 Black Stone Lava Rock Meditation Mala Prayer Japa Beads Necklace Bracelet Men Women
Offered by OStore
Price: $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful mala necklace which can be worn as a statement piece or used for medication, for a really quite incredible price, May 23, 2016
I am a big Yogi and recently started to get into Meditation as a way to relax distress and of course take advantage after many studies have documented the health benefits that come from meditation. When I was offered these beads at a discounted rate, I decided to go ahead and try, as they are a tool to aid in meditation.

The first thing that blew me away was the quality – I have largely stopped taking on products for review purposes as they are most often cheap items from China; this set of Mala beads however looked like something I would buy from artisans on Scoutmob or a company that specialists n Yoga jewelry, both of which come with much bigger price points. They arrived in a little burlap bag and you get a quality Mala with 108 black lava beads, each unique and beautiful and a few silver plated spacing beads placed between.

Lava is a grounding stone, known for balance and strength so it works with the root chakra – but they will also retain the scent of essential oils so you can add a few drops of oil such as lavender to relax you and aid your meditation practice. Each bead is individually knotted making this a durable necklace

The only thing I was not a fan of was the tassel which is made of thin pieces of string – the thinness of thread one would find in a sewing kit; and within a short period of time – less than 24 hours which did not involve any wear time – the tassel was messy with strings headed in every direction. I wish this had been better quality to match the beads. and hence I gave this 4 stars.

However all said, this is a beautiful mala necklace which can be worn as a statement piece or used for medication, for a really quite incredible price!

Indo Board IndoFLO Cushion
Indo Board IndoFLO Cushion
Offered by Indo Board Balance Trainer
Price: $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compliment to an Indo board; well made and good starting point before using the roller., May 22, 2016
This review is from: Indo Board IndoFLO Cushion (Misc.)
I received an Indo Board set as a gift, and though I loved the idea and consider myself both fit with a good sense of balance from years of practicing yoga, I must admit I struggled with the kit, with a fear that I would go flying off the board and break an ankle.

This component eradicated that fear; and allows me to practice using the Indo broad before moving up to the roller. It provides some elevation and allows you to get used to balancing but is nowhere near as steep as the roller and one of the things I love using this for now, is yoga, as I can practice some of the moves on my Indo board to get a better core, sense of balance and leg workout -it is great! Heck you can even use if for some of the arm movements and balances and takes my yoga workout to a whole new level.

The cushion is very well made, inflates easily and holds the air for an extended period of time and you can inflate it to the level that works for you allowing the board to be used with various levels of instability changing up workouts or allowing you to work your way up to full inflation.

Great compliment to an Indo board; well made and allows those of us who are too nervous to begin with a roller, to still use our Indo Boards.

Electsun Battery Operated 2.3m 4cm Rattan Ball Fairy Lights, White & Brown
Electsun Battery Operated 2.3m 4cm Rattan Ball Fairy Lights, White & Brown
Offered by ElectSun®
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $14.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive way to add some ambient light to your home., May 18, 2016
I love these lights as they add some great ambient light when and wherever you want it without the hassle of cords and the cost of extra electricity. I ended up using mine in my hallway behind and intertwined in a riddling rack to light it from behind and the effect is really rather cool.

These are simple lightweight rattan balls, some a cream white, some brown and the balls are as described – about ping pong ball sized - on a wire that is a little over 7 ft. They take 3 AA batteries and as this is my second set, I know, having used the other every night over the Christmas holidays for about 3 hours a night, that they do not eat the batteries too fast. We did not have to replace during the Holiday season though that said we chose the constant on option, they also have a flashing mode if you prefer than option.

The main set contains 20 lights and you also get a second set of 10 smaller gold lights -these I was not as keen on, but that said, they are essentially just throw ins when you consider the price and they are small enough that you can pop them in a vase or use as part of a centerpiece.

Given the relatively inexpensive price, the quality does exceed what you pay; based on my experience they do last and are a pretty way to add some light to your home for minimum cost. These were provided at a discounted rate for review purposes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

BINGER Water Resistant Men's Date Quartz Stainless Steel Watch with Silver Dial and Silver Hands
Offered by Watches Home
Price: $65.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeps time well, smaller sized men's watch but strap and clasp are cheap, May 11, 2016
My husband is a watch fan and when offered this at a discount for review purposes we decided to give it a go; that said he was not a fan of this personally.

Though depicted as a men’s watch, that would only hold true if you like smaller watches - it falls slightly larger than a women’s chunky watch and smaller than an average men’s timepiece and is more reminiscent of traditional older watches so if that is your preference, this might be a fit for you. For reference as this is absent in the Amazon profile; the watch face is three inches across.

Quality wise, if you ignore the typical over inflated list price and current price ; and instead focus on the “sale price”; which always on Amazon is really reflective of actual value, than it is about the right quality for the price. The watch itself is heavy but the strap is cheap and lightweight and does not feel like stainless steel given just how light weight it is! The clasp is poor quality and I would not expect it to last. This kind of feels like one of those watched that drugstores tend to sell around the holidays. Thai said it does keep time well.

It also comes in a cheap flimsy cardboard box - as I happen to have reviewed some other watches at this price point, such as Burei which came in beautiful quality boxes and are better made; I think this is over priced for the mediocre quality. It’s just okay but the cheap strap and poor clasp do not make this a favorite watch and I question how long it will last

Memory Foam Tencel Pillow - Best Soft & Comfortable Pillow - Great Bedding & Bed Rest - Shredded Foam - Made In USA (Queen)
Offered by KD Brands
Price: $124.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, good and firm for those that like firm pillows, moulds and supports you with no chemical smell!, May 7, 2016
I am fussy; make that very fussy with pillows. I have been on the quest to find the perfect pillow for some time as I like really firm pillows -I tried the extra firm from Costco but two months in they were flat and terrible so back they went, I have tried high end, low end, hotel pillows and am currently using some Ralph Lauren as to date they have been the best and held up the longest.

I was offered this to try for review purposes and have always been curious about me memory foam pillows, but not purchased any due to being unimpressed with a mattress topper made of this material I once owned.

Like others have said, I was a little taken aback when it arrived, as it was small and flat. But, this is just good packaging as once you unwrap it, it quickly expands to full size. Bonus points: no chemical smell. I cannot stand any kind of bedding that has a chemical smell as let’s be honest, you spend so much time here, its worrying, but this had no nasty odor and I used right away! Maybe a hint of natural smell but nothing nasty and I am also more reassured that this is made in the USA not some cheap Chinese product.

Its conforms to your head just still provides support, and while not as firm as my current pillows, it is still very supportive and very comfortable. I often use pillows at my side or to prop up my feet as I walk so much each day, and in this respect I loved it and it moulds to you yet does not flatten. The material is soft and comfortable and it’s great for side sleepers! It also has a removable and washable outer cover which helps clean your bedding cleaner as you could wash this and the pillow case.

As someone who likes firm pillows I was impressed by this. I am going to watch and see how it stands up to use, and should it remain as good as it is now. Will happily pay a little more for a product that is so good.

Skinyoga Coffee Body Scrub
Skinyoga Coffee Body Scrub
Offered by Skinyoga Skincare
Price: $48.00

4.0 out of 5 stars In a nutshell, great product, beautiful packaging. Leaves skin soft, all natural, but costly and messy!, May 7, 2016
I tried this as I subscribe to a Yoga monthly box it this was one of the featured products. I am moving quickly to all natural products and this scrub certainly fits the bill. Forget those big name scrubs that contain caffeine and purport to do the same thing…but also contain a laundry list of chemicals that if I cannot pronounce, I certainly do not want to use!

The item comes beautifully presented in a small wooden box and they are individually wrapped in foil packets which keep them fresh, as being natural, they are preservative free.

The ingredients are simple: Ground coffee beans, Coconut Oil and Sesame oil. The idea being the caffeine can enhance fat metabolism (though honestly I think they jury is still out on this when applied topically), reducing the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks -this it does do as caffeine causes the skin to awaken and it does have a smoother appearance once caffeine is applied. The oils help moisturize your skin and coconut oil is known for anti-inflammatory.

Having used it my skin does feel wonderfully soft, more so than a typical scrub as the oils nourish the skin and keep it moisturizes even after you dry off so I loved that. I am a coffee fan to the smell of a fresh pot of coffee was also really nice. I love the individual packets and think this would be great to gift, for travel or the gym. To date this is my favorite scrub -the oils really negate the need to apply moisturizer afterwards, and my typically dry skin feels amazing!

The downside, was having applied a natural product, I then had to respond in a not so natural way, having to use cleaning products in the shower as this gets everywhere and being coffee beans expands to drips of grainy coffee running down your tile and shower doors. It took several minutes of clean up. I guess you could use it in a bath but the idea of bathing in then murky coffee water and still the clean up after does not work for me.

The other thing is the price – I have coffee grounds each morning, coconut oil and sesame oil in the kitchen; so could make this for a fraction of the cost. I get you are paying for all natural ingredients and beautiful packaging and I would gift it, but not buy it regularly. As the all natural crowd often make homemade beauty products anyways I think this price is a little steep and it is not clear how many packets you get.

In a nutshell, great product, leaves skin soft, all natural but costly and messy!

IDOU LED Bluetooth Speaker Smart Night Light Lamp with App Control, Mini Portable Stereo Speaker Support Hands-Free Phone Call, Surround Music, Touch Panel Button & Alarm Clock
Offered by IDOU Direct
Price: $28.99
2 used & new from $28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, sound is fine, fun lightshow; great for kids. far smaller than pictures would have you believe, May 5, 2016
I was sent this at a discounted rate for review purposes and all I can say was thank goodness I did not pay for it; or it would be on the road back to Amazon. As my profile states; I am upfront and honest about my experiences with products and discounted does not equal a five start reviews, such is the case here.

It’s not that this is a terrible product, but first off, I have an issue with misleading pictures. The item page shows people with this on their nightstand; and a women reading with this in sight and the picture certainly does not depict the fact that this is the size of a small cappuccino cup -I have added a picture (Pic 2 ) for your reference, so you know exactly what you are paying for. (UPDATE: The seller was very responsive to the review which rarely happens and agreed to update the page with details about the size and appropriate pictures)

The second thing I took issue with was the fact that this arrived dirty – it looked like a return and was thoroughly marked (pic 3, this shows how it arrived!!) It is a sticker that peels off which is a good thing and the seller did agree to take note of the condition of items as they ship out.

The item needs to be charged upon arrival via the micro USB but I like the fact that this does not need batteries, and is easy to pair. The light show was a nice feature and you can control the modes via your smart phone or other paired device; which was a feature I did like. It can be used as an alarm, Bluetooth speaker; MP3 player or to stream music. It has a range up to 33 ft according to the website, but as you get closer to that upper end, you do start to lose clarity.

The sound is not bad, especially when you consider the price point; and having tried other such speakers in this price range which I have found quite tinny sounding; this certainly beats that and would be fun for outdoors or travel; and certainly a nice idea for kids as it would double as a night light. I honestly would have given this more, if the product pictures more accurately depicted what you get as I can see a lot of customers being upset at the item being so much smaller than the ad would have you believe.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Natural Caffeinated Chocolate Energy Bars By Briskbars, Vegan, GMO Free, with Organic Dark Chocolate & Coconut, 0.88oz (Pack of 12)
Offered by BRISKBARS
Price: $23.88

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the dense nutrition, the taste, and energy In a convenient bar that is loaded with natural ingredients, April 26, 2016
I begin my day with a workout, then spend the rest of my day at work where I travel a great deal and usually have to eat on the go. I like portable healthy foods and often augment this with post workout protein bars which are often too sweet or just unappetizing.

I came across these bars when the reviewer, noting my penchant for reviewing vegan books and health items , sent me a couple to try - good move as I will certainly be buying these.

It's worth noting a few points before considering if these are for you : On account of the 70% dark chocolate , this is somewhat bitter. I personally despise the artificial sugar taste of many energy bars so liked this given that it was not too sweet and did not have that weird artificial sugar taste. The coconut does provide some sweet balance but if you are not a fan of dark chocolate, be aware that you might not like these or may take some building up to. It also is a small snack - though loaded with good energy ingredients in 100 calories, it's a few bites and not going to fill your belly but again this is exactly what I am looking for. It would be be a great small portable snack for endurance athletes, road or hiking trips. I really like the fact that this a nutrient dense bar with an energy hit.

I think I gave the bar the ultimate test: The day they arrived was not a good one for me as we had suddenly and unexpectedly lost a family member. I was operating on at best 90 minutes of sleep , had left work early on realizing I was too exhausted to drive safely; had to tell my kids the news, provide support to my husband who had left town suddenly to deal with this and clean up after guests. I had eaten little and these arrived so I immediately ate one as I was shaky and these were in the mail box. It was enough punch to get me through the next few hours and give me the energy I needed to pull through, a few calories before a meal, and a caffeine hit, yet I still slept well just a few hours later so it does not have the lingering effects of coffee or give jitters.

Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body
Eating Clean: The 21-Day Plan to Detox, Fight Inflammation, and Reset Your Body
by Amie Valpone
Price: $13.31
62 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, and a comprehensive guide to detoxifying not only your diet, but your life in general; loaded with information., April 9, 2016
Beautiful book, and a comprehensive guide to detoxifying not only your diet, but your life in general; loaded with useful information and amazing recipes.

I bought this book after a magazine I subscribe to featured some of the recipes contained within this book; they looked amazing, and I decided to learn more which lead me to make a purchase. The book is beautiful and clean, mirroring the subject matter and features beautiful photography.

The author – Amie Valpone began her journey to a clean diet after long suffering from a range of ailments that were not addressed by modern medicine; and in seeking a true solution turned to a clean diet and detoxing which bettered her life forever. Though I do not suffer any ailments, I do believe strongly that our health is affected by what we put into our diet; and a lot of modern ailments are derived from a packaged food diet that is loaded with chemicals and is making our Nation overweight, sick and feel generally miserable. Just think how your body feels after a night of indulging in rich food, alcohol and sugar -we do not feel our sprightly best the next day!!

The book begins with a little on the author’s journey from sickness to health and how integral diet was to that passage of her life. Then she explores the need to detox – her eating clean manifesto, why detox, the basis of the 21 day elimination diet – what to include exclude, as well as helpful tips (I really loved the hidden names for sugar as its far more comprehensive than anything else I have seen), there is also an exercise to complete so you can record what you eliminated and any results; a guide to cleaning up and stocking up -again comprehensive and detailed, then the reintroduction of foods.

I also really loved the fact that Amie goes beyond the kitchen and explores the beauty items we use, our homes and our office with detailed information on how to create the cleanest and healthiest environment. It made for interesting reading and was simple, attainable advice.

Then the book goes into the diet, beginning with a useful guide to prep – it has ideas for saving scraps for later use, tips for soaking and cooking of key ingredients such as beans, grains, nuts and seeds, a guide to gluten free grains – it is a really useful resource, before the book delves into recipes which are divided into: Breakfast, small bites; appetizers and soups, salads, main course, sides, drinks, dips/spreads/dressings, and sweet treats.

There is something for everyone and every level of cook, with recipes ranging from simple and minimal steps, to more complex and time consuming; but generally al had both easily sourced ingredients and were doable within any kitchen without the need for a plethora of gadgets – this differs from many such books I have which require a trip to Whole Foods along with a rather big budget. Also a big kudos for recipes that were unique – as my reviews might show, I own a lot of vegan and vegetarian cookbooks and they all seem to copy one another with one ingredient swapped out “here is my avocado on toast, I use a pepper “ etc etc!! It gets old fast; but this book is loaded with new, fresh recipes that I have not seen on countless other blogs or in books! And by the way, if you are a dessert fan…wow!! The almond butter cups are so simple, yet so delicious.

The book ends with a sample 2 week detox meal plan; pantry list information on integrative and functional medicine testing and finally a list of resources for futher information. In short nothing was left out; this is truly a comprehensive guide!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20