Profile for S. Perkins > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Perkins RSS Feed (San Jose, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Patch of Sunshine
A Patch of Sunshine
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A life story in verse, May 6, 2015
I very much enjoyed the stories and images in these poems. They are funny, touching, and thought-provoking. If you need a patch of sunshine in your day, I recommend picking up this book. Find a quiet corner, and let the words sink in. Then read it again!

Wide Awake in Dreamland
Wide Awake in Dreamland
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A story about friendship, May 6, 2015
Both my daughter (9 years old) and I enjoyed this book very much. The story is engaging and fun, and we found ourselves immersed in Eddie and the Sandman's story. We really liked all of the creatures that Eddie meets along his journey, and were on the edge of our seats as the Clock Lock approached. Most importantly, we learned about friendship as Eddie wins over a Giant with his prized Giants baseball cards, and has to overcome his bias against "girl wizards". The friends would never have made it through all of the obstacles on their journey without trusting each other. Highly recommend!

EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Lighted Display, 400 lb. Capacity and "Step-On" Technology [2014 VERSION] - 10,000+ Reviews EatSmart Guaranteed Accurate
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $39.95
31 used & new from $27.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The best scale ever!, November 24, 2014
Very well-made sturdy scale, and very easy to use. There is no need to do that whole "tap and wait" thing, you just stand on it and get your weight. This is exactly what I needed. It is also attractive. Thanks!!

Shiva Rea: Daily Energy - Vinyasa Flow Yoga
Shiva Rea: Daily Energy - Vinyasa Flow Yoga
DVD ~ Shiva Rea
Offered by westcoastmedia
Price: $10.59
53 used & new from $4.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all the workout options, very nice yoga flows, March 7, 2014
These workouts are tough enough to make me feel like I actually did something, and even to be sore the next day.
I like having all the options to mix and match the flows. Perfect!

Cbus Wireless Vehicle Car Charger for Apple iPad / iPad 2 / iPad 3 / iPhone 4S / iPhone 4 / iPhone 3G / iPhone 3Gs / iPod Touch 4 / 4G / 4th / 3rd / 2nd Gen.
Offered by Cbus Wireless
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy charger, great value. I'm thrilled!, March 7, 2014
This charger feels very sturdy and has a nice, solid connection when plugged in. It is nicer than the $20 one I got when I bought my phone. That one fell apart (literally came apart in pieces in my hand) after just a couple of months. This charger works great. I would definitely order this brand again.

Chasing Mavericks
Chasing Mavericks
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, sad, outstanding movie!, June 24, 2013
This film was outstanding. The acting was excellent, and I really connected with the people in the film. Jay Moriarty was truly a brave and vibrant person. So sad that his life ended so early.

Ritter Sport, Milk Chocolate with Yogurt Filling, 3.5-Ounce Bars (Pack of 12)
Ritter Sport, Milk Chocolate with Yogurt Filling, 3.5-Ounce Bars (Pack of 12)
Offered by TÖTÄL RECÄLL, Shipped freshly from Germany
Price: $28.43
5 used & new from $27.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a mini cheescake!, January 10, 2013
These bars are so delicious. I was a little hesitant to try one when I saw it in an assortment, not sure what the yogurt would taste like. It actually tastes like cheesecake, and is a very satisfying little snack. Yum!!!

Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, true to the spirit of the book, September 6, 2012
My kids and I love this movie, and I was very happy to get a digital copy so I don't have to worry about scratched DVDs. The Lorax was one of my very favorite books growing up. I loved hearing about the mysterious Onceler with the green gloves who talked through a "snergely hose", and the brave Lorax who speaks for the trees. To see some of the back story was so much fun, and to actually see who the Onceler was and how he ended up all alone with his buildings falling apart was fun...and sad. I think the story is even sadder when you know more about the Onceler, and see him making friends with the brown barbaloots and the swammee swans, and then cold-heartedly ruining their world because of his greed.

When we saw this movie in the theater, we walked out and saw overflowing trash cans with popcorn and soda cups all over the floor. That really brought the point of the story home for me. On the way home, my daughter and I talked about how we could avoid making more trash, and what we can do to clean up the earth (recycling, composting, reusing). We are all Oncelers, and we can all make the choice to make the world better...or not.

Great story, great movie, timeless message.

Martina the Beautiful Cockroach
Martina the Beautiful Cockroach
by Carmen Agra Deedy
Price: $13.95
52 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, fun, and instructive story! Highly recommend!, July 25, 2012
My daughter and I love, love, love this book. We checked it out from the library several months ago, and we still talk about it. It's so much fun to read aloud, and I love the ending. Everyone should have such a wise Cuban grandmother.

The illustrations are so much fun and so beautifully done as well. I never would have thought that cockroaches could be endearing, but this family definitely is. We're adding this to our personal library.

Mermaid Beach
Mermaid Beach
2 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game for kids, and easy to learn, March 21, 2012
This review is from: Mermaid Beach (Toy)
My 6 year old daughter loves this game. It is very well made, and the illustrations on the cards are very well done.

The game is sort of a combination of old maid and go fish, but has its own twists.

It goes pretty fast, so it's easy to sit down and play a quick game without a huge time commitment.

It's also really cool that it was created by an 8 year old!

We're very happy with our purchase, and would highly recommend this game to families.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3