Profile for J. Valadez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Valadez "joe v" RSS Feed (kenosha)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Legend Of Hell House [HD]
The Legend Of Hell House [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Want to see a GOOD scary movie...Legend of Hell House, May 27, 2014
It has very few special effects. It relies on good acting, good script, and good set. Timing is everything too. They bring you into the story little by little, until you realize you are in some deep water and then you are hooked. I recommend this movie to all but those under 12 years old.

Martin Dressler: The Tale of an American Dreamer
Martin Dressler: The Tale of an American Dreamer
by Steven Millhauser
102 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Martin Dressler: The Tale of an American Dreamer, May 19, 2014
This is a story of a boy with a strong work ethic, above average intelligence, and vision. He grows up giving his best and his best is rewarded by those he impresses. Then he comes to a cross roads with women, two sisters and a maid in particular. He chooses the pretty one, who from the start exhibits a depressed personality. The reader can see she won't make him happy. And sure enough once on that path, his life takes a turn for the worse.

The writer spends a lot of time detailing the impressive hotels Martin envisions and builds. But as he tries to make up for his lack of success in his personal life by over compensating in his business life, he fails at both.

It's sad, but he is not broken. He looks at it like this; he was not broken by failure, he was not broken by fear of failure, so in a way he has succeeded in a way many of us hold ourselves back from. He has tested the full limits of his knowledge, skills and abilities. He has no regrets.

We see where he went wrong. Eventually he sees where he went wrong too, but he argues; how can he see it as the wrong choice, since it is the logical choice, the natural choice to choose beauty over plainness, to choose form over function.

He rolled his dice till they came up snake eyes and he has no regrets. We should be happier for him, but I was not happier - maybe just a little wiser.

Enjoy this book, I did. I recommend it.

The Three Stooges
The Three Stooges
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Three Stooges, May 12, 2014
I have been a fan of the three stooges for over 50 years now. I can not tell you how many laughs I have shared with my dad and my brothers, and my children, and now my grandchildren over their movies. This dvd does not include the three stooges, but they are accurately portrayed and modernized perfectly in keeping with the three stooges tradition. I wholly recommend this dvd for all three stooges fans young and old.

Storm Windows
Storm Windows
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $13.11
31 used & new from $4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Storm Windows by John Prine, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Storm Windows (Audio CD)
I am collecting every studio album John Prine made. I am learning a lot about him, and all artists like him (singer/songwriters). Not everything he does is magic, but I can hear him progressing and that a good thing. I like his voice, most of the time. He has a way of putting words together. He's not for everybody, but he is for me. Go John Prine.

US Air Force Ring - (Stainless Steel w/ Blue Stone) USAF Military Rings Jewelry - Officers Military gear or U.S. AirForce Uniform Veteran Ring - Size: (8)
Offered by Seller Savings
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my USAF ring, March 17, 2014
I have received many compliments on it. They notice it right away. I am proud of my air force service and this is just one way of acknowledging it.

ZipperMend-Black
ZipperMend-Black
Price: $4.25
19 used & new from $1.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Be care full Fix in a Click is just the bottom half of the zipper pull, NOT the whole zipper pull, January 3, 2014
This review is from: ZipperMend-Black (Misc.)
I got this product confused with the 'as seen on tv' product that repairs the whole zipper pull, allowing you to keep the existing zipper. This product is only the zipper fob.

LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles
LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles
by Daniel Lipkowitz
Price: $11.30
81 used & new from $0.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles is highly recommeded, January 3, 2014
We bought this for our 5 year old grandson, who loves Star Wars and Legos; he was over the moon happy to receive this gift.

Despicable Me 2
Despicable Me 2
DVD ~ Steve Carell
Price: $12.99
78 used & new from $5.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Despicable Me 2 got all the ohs and aws, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 (DVD)
My wife and I saw this movie with our five year old grandson at the show so it already had special meaning. We decided to buy it for him for Christmas, and when he unwrapped it; he was filled with joy. Success!

LEGO Creator 31011 Aviation Adventure
LEGO Creator 31011 Aviation Adventure
Price: $42.86
84 used & new from $32.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego Creator Aviation Adventure was a big, big hit!, January 3, 2014
My wife and I bought this for our 7 year old grandson for Christmas. He is a Lego Master (to us). He opened it and loved it as soon as he saw it. I would highly recommend you buy this product for the Lego lover in your family.

Beloved
Beloved
by Toni Morrison
Price: $22.47
492 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Beloved is a must read., November 25, 2013
This review is from: Beloved (Hardcover)
This book will really hold your interest. Is it a ghost, or coincidence that this woman appears to another woman who lost her child under very terrible circumstances. Also this author does a great job giving you details about the horrors of day to day life was like in slavery times in America. Brutal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4