Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL
Profile for Timothy W. Carryer > Reviews

Timothy W. Carryer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Timothy W. Carryer RSS Feed (Chatham, Ma)

Katzen-Pfotchen (Licorice Drops) 75g bag by Katjes
Katzen-Pfotchen (Licorice Drops) 75g bag by Katjes

5.0 out of 5 stars Licorice drops and seasickness, August 18, 2007
I am an offshore fisherman working on small boats. My partner is german and his family carries this product
with them on board to ease their stomachs. While its no cure for serious sea sickness I find these liquorice drops very settling for a queazy stomach.

Also this "candy" is not overly sweet - a problem I have with most similar American made products. Only Problem is that once I start eating them I want to devour the whole package!

The French Don't Diet Plan: 10 Simple Steps to Stay Thin for Life
The French Don't Diet Plan: 10 Simple Steps to Stay Thin for Life
by William Clower
84 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought back to sanity, July 23, 2006
After reading the French DON"T DIET plan and being introduced to the concepts outlined in The Pathonline - a companion course - I enjoy eating even more than I did before, but I've also lost that elusive last 10 pounds while doing so. Dr. Clower's book and his philosophy behind The Path made it relatively painless and instead of making "food the enemy" he showed me how to make better choices in how I eat, prepare and buy food. Real food, I should say, as opposed to faux food.

This is where his book scores. I've always prided myself in knowing what I was ingesting, but Dr. Clower quite specifically shattered that illusion. He has a very thorough knowledge of the chemistry of the digestive system and the food industry but deftly combines that with a profound understanding of human behavior - the tricky part in wanting to diet.

What I like about his approach is that it doesn't put you in an adversarial position in relation to food - after all the book's title is headlined DON'T DIET so I don't think of it as a diet at all, just a more enjoyable and rewarding way to eat and live my life. The byproduct is I get a deeper satisfaction from my meals and don't need to eat as much, or as often. And so the flab falls away.

The book feels more like a conversation with someone who has thought through it all - going into specific detail on every aspect of eating with very simple, but well thought out suggestions. His style of presentation makes it an easy read and as a result I was able to digest the information quickly and put it into action. When I enter a grocery store or restaurant I am now an educated consumer. When I sit down to eat I am no longer a consumer - I view meals as time out from the world, a special treat to be savored, a gift for my body, as opposed to ingesting fuel for a race. Not only have I lost weight, but I lost my anxiety over the whole food thing - it's not that difficult, thanks to Dr Will.

I highly recommend this book.