Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Joe > Reviews

Browse

Joe's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joe "Joe Milner" RSS Feed

Sentey Flow LS-4223 Foldable Headphone with Detachable 3.5mm Audio Cable and in-line Microphone, White/Purple
3 used & new from $44.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy., December 25, 2015
The headphones appear to be of good quality. My daughter opened the up Christmas morning, excited to use these. Before being able to use these, she noticed that the right earphone rattles. She attempted to use this, and only the left ear phone works.
You get what you pay for. Do not buy.

Sentey Headphone with Microphone for Travel, Work, Running Sport , Kids Girls Headphones Headset for Music or Gaming / Premium Mesh Cable / Deluxe Transport Carrying Case Included Ls-4225 Flow Pro Red
Offered by Sentey
Price: $99.99
7 used & new from $11.69

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for. :-(, December 25, 2015
The head phones appear to be of good quality. The case is nice. My son opened these Christmas morning excited to have a decent headset.
However, the cord has a short in it. Only the right speaker produces sound. This was apparent on the first use. I pulled another cord from my home stereo equipment, and both ear speakers produce sound. However, with the cord that came with the unit, only the right does.
You get what you pay for.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., February 18, 2013
The package arrived and the items are as advertised. The product works very well with my wife's iPhone 4S. Not had an issue with it.

The Walking Dead: Something To Fear, Vol. 17
The Walking Dead: Something To Fear, Vol. 17
by Cliff Rathburn
Price: $8.62
144 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is The Walking Dead....your argument is invalid, February 18, 2013
Rather than moan and complain about how you do not like the series, or writing, or whatever, take a moment and relax. This is great fiction, with good art. While not the best in the series, this is really fun and enjoyable. Also, for the record, The Walking Dead comics > The Walking Dead TV Show.

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 7.0 PLUS PU LEATHER FOLIO CASE - BLACK + QUBITS MICROFIBRE CLEANING CLOTH

4.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy TAB 7"+, March 5, 2012
Since the Otterbox items here are fake, (verified by visiting the Otterbox website) I went though many different items here on Amazon and at Best Buy. This was the cover that ultimately won though. Here is why:

This fits the Galaxy TAB 7"+ like a glove. There are spots open for all of the devices, from the camera to the speakers. The headset is also easily accessible. Best of all there is a slit open for the IR/TV remote device. The cover folds back and allows to the TAB to rest elevated on my desk. The cover does not block either of the cameras. The cover has tiny magnets to keep the TAB covered when not in use. Until Otterbox releases a cover for the Galaxy TAB 7"+, this is the one to buy. The qubits cleaning cloth that comes with this case is perfect for cleaning the screen, lint free.

I only docked one star due to the placement of the microSD card slot. It is difficult to remove and insert cards, but it can be done.

The packaging was a simple white box, not difficult at all to open. The item arrived in perfect condition. The leather case is made of durable material and is well put together, sewn, single stitching.

Over all, worth your money!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 16GB (Dual Core, Universal Remote, WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus 16GB (Dual Core, Universal Remote, WiFi)
3 used & new from $88.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy Tab 7" +, February 28, 2012
tl;dr : Great device if you don't want to e-peen about your hardware. Needs ICS and some other software tweaks, but best bang for your buck. 4 stars only for the apps/software. (Bloatware bad)

This was a surprise birthday present from my wife. I own a Samsung Captivate and love it. I wanted an Asus Transformer Prime (more on that later), but I must say, this was a superb purchase, and it exceeded my expectations. Samsung makes a great product. Here is why you should take a serious look at this tablet.

This tablet has a front camera (2MP) and a rear camera (3MP). My kids and I video chatted with my father via Skype with the front camera, and it worked great. Dad did not complain about the picture or the sound. I used the rear camera to take some pics and some video. The 720p was sharp, and for a tablet/portable device, this is sufficient. Honestly, I don't think that tablets should have rear cameras, mostly because I feel they are a waste. People look ridiculous taking pics with their tablets, in addition, most cell phone cameras are of much better quality anyways. But, hey, if you need it/want it, this works fine.

The processor allows this device to feel snappy and responsive. There is enough RAM for the jobs to get done. However, it does lag if I have too many things running in the back ground. I have the task manager on my home screen, and I usually keep most apps killed this way. The RAM manager also keeps things down and running smooth. I believe that this has more to do with the software than the hardware. The video comes through great. I have watched The Walking Dead on it, as well as some movies (The Dark Knight), with little to no lag. I do not play many games, I do have Angry Birds and Plants vs Zombies, and there were no issues running these games. The screen is crisp and sharp. When compare side by side with the Transformer Prime, I could tell that resolution is 1,024-by-600. However, When watching videos,YouTube, or Skype, this really doesn't bother me. The resolution is great for a portable device. The colors are sharp and easy on the eyes.

The WiFi and GPS work like a champ. I keep the GPS off to preserve battery life, but I encountered no signal problems, or, at least ones caused by the device. I leave the WiFi on all the time. I could turn it off to preserve battery life, but meh. The Bluetooth functions fine as well. I synced a headset with no issues. I played with a Logitech keyboard as well, worked fine. No issues here. The remote feature works as advertised. I had no issue controlling my TV with it. I doubt I will use this much, but hey, it is nice to know it is there and it works.

The battery life is about an hour less than what was advertised, and I again believe this to be software related. There are apps out there to help increase battery life, and they do work. With these apps I can get the advertised battery life.

Apps. This is where I dock a star. I really hate bloatware, and this device has a bunch of it. This is what kills the performance. The Samsung media app is probably good. However, I don't use it. I don't want it. Why I cannot remove software on a device I own bothers me. Ditto for other stuff like MovieFone (AOL? Really? They are still around?). This device would be much better off with out the trash apps.

The packaging was a simple box, no fight to get it open. The battery was a little over 50% when I powered it on for the first time. In the box is also a headset/mic combo that works well. There is a charger/USB cable as well. Fairly straightforward. Unless you need something more, these are adequate.

Other thoughts: I was playing with my friend's Transformer Prime, and we noticed that the quad-core processor didn't really help. I researched a bit on the hard ware, and the Transformer Prime actually has five cores, four of them are high-performance, and one is high-efficiency. The CPU is designed to shutdown the four cores for almost nearly everything, and just use the high-efficiency core in order to save on battery life. We tried to activate the other cores, and for the life of us, we could only get one other core to "activate". We found that most (if not all) apps are designed to use the one core, so I don't feel I missed out by not receiving the Transformer Prime. When we ran the same tests on this device, we found it to be the same.One core is active and the other stays down to conserve battery life. Granted, the Transformer Prime did feel more responsive, We think this is due to the amount of system RAM. Unless you really want to e-peen about your processor cores on a tablet, or want to do high end gaming (does that even exist?) on a tablet, there really isn't much of a compelling reason to have more than a dual core processor. The average person does not have the slightest idea how threading works nor why having more cores might be overkill and a waste of money, so why bother?
Bottom line on processors: The whole "core" obsession on mobile devices seems to be nothing but marketing talk. At least, as far as I have been able to determine. The dual-core processor in this device works great!

I wish this device had ICS, the under the hood tweaks there could really help out with the flaws that this device has. 3.2 works great though. Smooth.

Final thought: I was scared that I would have to hide my disappointment from my wife as this was not the tablet I wanted. However, I am convinced. I enjoy this device, and overall it exceeded my expectations. The 7" screen makes it easy to take with me. My employer has a Citrix apps that run like a champ, and I can almost do most of my work that way. It is a slower than a keyboard/mouse, so I won't be doing that unless there is an emergency.
This device is worth you money. I really love the micro SD slot. The 16Gb of storage can be limiting, and this feature hands down helps over come the default storage.

I would say this is the best bang for your buck. Another A+ device from Samsung.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2012 11:19 AM PST

Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle 3G, September 17, 2010
This product has exceeded my expectations so far. The packaging was reasonable, and easy to open. Purchasing books from the Kindle with the 3G wireless is easy. It is worth the $50 more, get the 3G model. Books are easy to read, and usually well formatted for the Kindle. Just be sure to read up on the book before you purchase it, not all are well formatted for the Kindle. My wife thought the lack of touch screen would be a a frustration, I have not noticed it at all. We both have enjoyed reading on the Kindle.

The screen is easy to see in bright light as well as sunlight. I purchased the leather case with the side led light so I can read in the dark.Turning pages is fast and I rarely notice any lag "turning" a page.

There are only two complaints I have with the Kindle:

1. The 3G will quit at random and not work; but I have 3G coverage on my phone. Not sure what this is all about, but I am not paying for it, and you get what you pay for.

2. PDFs in general are very obnoxious to read on the Kindle. The best way has been to rotate the screen and read them sideways.

Overall the Kindle is a good investment. It has become the bane of my checking account though. :-) There are so many good books to read!

If you buy a Kindle, get the 3G version (at least) and be sure to get the leather case with the led lights in it so you can read in no light or low light situations.

The Social Work Skills Workbook, 6th Edition
The Social Work Skills Workbook, 6th Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy Kindle Edition, September 7, 2010
The book is very well written, and is easy to read. The information here is great for everyone, not just social workers. My problem is not with the author, or the information.

I bought the Kindle version of the book, and I have noticed there are sections missing, and passages just outright missing when compared to the print copy. Do not buy the Kindle version.

Xbox 360 250GB Console
Xbox 360 250GB Console
Offered by Etekdirect
Price: $289.00
128 used & new from $66.86

2.0 out of 5 stars Xbox 360 S, July 25, 2010
The hardware changes are great. This is the Xbox 360 that should have launched. The options of both wireless and wired are great. The hard drive is big enough to do most things, and keep most of you games on it. I had zero issues with connecting it with my Windows 7 Desktop PC. This Xbox was much quieter than other Xbox 360 consoles that I have played on. The key issue here is *was*.

I have had this console less than 30 days. I am a casual gamer, I only have the one game, Tales of Vesperia. The console sits flat, as I was told by friends that haveing it stand up could cause problems. I mostly use this console to stream media from my desktop. Three days ago, the DVD drive sounded like a jet engine starting up. It was *LOUD*. I took the DVD out of the drive and noticed that there were circular scratches now on the disc. I called Microsoft, and they had me ensure that it was the drive. I inserted Tales of Vesperia, and the same loud sound started as the game loaded. The game froze and I had to power the console down. Upon re-boot, I took the disc out, and there were circular scratches on the disc. The Xbox support rep asked me how the console was set up, and I told him it was laying flat.

He then e-mailed me shipping labels, and I need to ship it back for repair. I am stuck with the two scratched discs. They will not replace them. In addition to this, I must pay for the shipping materials, they do not send any to you.

This product could have been great. This is not Amazon's fault. I should have known better, and gone with a different console.

At least they are going to fix it under warranty. It is a pity the discs and shipping material is not covered.

Caveat emptor.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2011 11:01 PM PDT