Profile for Tony Theil > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 69

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tony Theil RSS Feed (Philadelphia, PA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Grill Beast Digital Meat Thermometer - BBQ - Cooking - Instant Read with Stainless Steel Casing & Probe
Offered by Grill Beast
Price: $21.97
6 used & new from $18.97

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beauty IS the Beast, February 2, 2015
I no longer have an excuse for under or over-cooking. The beastmaester accurately reads the internal temperture. And the recipes that accompany the thermometer are sensational and provide great opportunity for using the beast. Good instructional pamplet for preparing safe and savory food.

Ibex Outdoor Clothing Men's Woolies 150 Short Sleeve Base Layer Tee, Green Night, Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably a once-in-a-lifetime problem for me, February 2, 2015
A sizing problem. The shirt fits well around the chest and down to the hips. The problem arises at the biceps where the cut is very tight. I am not muscular and my biceps have never fully developed, yet the shirt hugs them very, very snuggly.

Recycled Bicycle Tube Reflective Pant Leg Straps by Green Guru Gear
Recycled Bicycle Tube Reflective Pant Leg Straps by Green Guru Gear
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $17.83
4 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN THICK RUBBER BANDS THAT READ "ASPARAGUS", January 17, 2015
I should have had these years ago after taking a couple of spills when my jeans got caught in the chain. I'm much older now and somewhat wiser, so I securely keep my pant cuff out of harms way. I keep one strap attached to each bike and never forget to use them, unlike forgetting to roll-up my right pant leg. In this case, "reflective" is both visual and mental.

What else is great about them? They're made in the USA from recycled material.

ChefLand 3-Compartment Microwave Safe Food Container with Lid/Divided Plate/Bento Box/Lunch Tray with Cover, Black, 10-Pack
Price: $19.95
9 used & new from $15.84

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN CHINESE TAKE-OUT, January 17, 2015
More durable than disposable. I use them as bento boxes when cycling. They pass the "No Spill Test" after making several ascents, descents and rough roads. Food does not flow from one compartment to another if they are secured correctly: the lid outline for the large compartment should be secured to the large compartment of the base; otherwise liquids will flow over. (I figured that out after incorrectly securing the lid to the base.) The lid is tightly well-secured around the rim. I like the three compartments because it forces me to nutritionaly balance my meals and limit snacks.

Also great for portion control, left-overs and sharing meals with homebound others. And, imprinted on the bottom of the base: MADE IN THE USA.

Sangean RCR-5BK Digital AM/FM Clock Radio (Black)
Sangean RCR-5BK Digital AM/FM Clock Radio (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
33 used & new from $32.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Wanted: Informative, user friendly manual to accompany a fine clock/radio, November 1, 2014
The clock/radio deserves 5 stars for performance, time visiblility and compact appearance. So, why haven't I rated it 5 stars? Tomorrow I have to reset the time for standard time. There are several - I'm not counting - steps to take for changing the clock. I shouldn't complain about a task that is completed only twice a year or if there is an extended power outage.

The instruction manual is info deficient. There is no key for some of the display symbols (choice of alarms). I'm still somewhat confused with some of the functions and am learning its useage on an ongoing basis. An example: "After the time is under setting, the setting won't be cancelled even you don't press any button for more than 10 seconds."

Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for a clock/radio with a soothing alarm.

Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Offered by Perella's
Price: $12.95
3 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Value, October 31, 2014
I like the brush because it whips-up a good lather without losing many bristles. I held off from writing a review until I had several shaves with the Escali brush. The bristles are firm and adequately secured within the holder. Another benefit - it's almost odorless. Other badger hair brushes contain a strong, wet-wool-like odor that lingers for about three months. And it's priced low compared to most badger hair brushes.

Brooks Saddles Cambridge Rain Cape, Brown, Medium/Large
Brooks Saddles Cambridge Rain Cape, Brown, Medium/Large
Offered by Competitive Cyclist.
Price: $160.00
5 used & new from $128.00

5.0 out of 5 stars As Dry as Toast, May 29, 2014
I withheld writing a review until the bike poncho was tested. Well it got tested. I did a bike tour this May in Austria where the first seven days were in the 50s with rain every day. On the first day I biked for 8 hours in a heavy downpour. Only my face and feet got wet. I remained dry. And best of all - No Condensation. Brooks rain cape was an excellent investment. I met up with other cyclists in expensive rain gear who did not fare as well as I.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2014 10:28 AM PDT

Kookaburra Wash (16-Ounce)
Kookaburra Wash (16-Ounce)
Offered by Etailz
Price: $12.89
7 used & new from $12.89

5.0 out of 5 stars I'M NOT SHEEPISH ABOUT KOOKABURRA, November 5, 2013
It's the only soap that I'll wash my woolens. All natural ingredients that leave a clean, fresh odor. It not only cleans, but restores the wool properties that make it my fabric of choice.

Too Young: Hits of the '50s
Too Young: Hits of the '50s
Offered by Customer Direct
Price: $10.69
32 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Remembering, November 5, 2013
A great selection that met my high expectations. And the recording quality was excellent considering these recordings are over 60 years old. Almost every pop artist is included with a few notable exceptions (Joni James, Julie London, Eddie Arnold, Johnny Mathis and Marty Robbins). I would recommend this album with a cautionary note: be prepared to feel sentimental.

Ashibi
Ashibi
6 used & new from $10.62

5.0 out of 5 stars TANOSHII, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Ashibi (Audio CD)
There is only one word to describe this entertaining album: Tanoshii - Japanese for enjoyable, pleasant, happy and delightful. And I would add an additional description of unique. The vocals reflect traditional Okinawan music. However, each selection is a fusion with music from elsewhere on the globe: Brazilian, Hawaiian, Latin and reggae. It is so upbeat, be prepared to clap, whistle or sway your hips along with the foursome's vocals.

The highlight of the album is Marley's "No Woman, No Cry". A fantastic rendition that will leave you humming it for days on end.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7