Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Jacqueline Geier > Reviews

Browse

Jacqueline Geier's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jacqueline Geier RSS Feed (Greenville, WI USA)

Otterbox Impact Series Silicone Soft Rubber Skin Case Cover comes with Free Clear Screen Protector Guard for AT&T Sprint Verizon Apple iPhone 4 4S 4G Phone - Retail Packaging - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Fits nice, protects phone well, January 13, 2013
Pros: Fits phone well and protects well with out the hard plastic.
Cons: Attracts lint and hair but it easily wipes off.

Diggity Dog
Diggity Dog
6 used & new from $49.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Diggity Dog (Toy)
We have a 2 year old and 4 year old that enjoy playing this game. It is a game that they can play and understand by themselves. My 2 year old his learning to count the barks from the puppy and which colors match his color(s). Fun to watch them have fun together and not fight (like siblings do).

Gobblet Gobblers
Gobblet Gobblers
Offered by GoCalendars
Price: $14.84
70 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun even for adults, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Gobblet Gobblers (Toy)
Our family enjoys this game because it can be a challange for the kids and the adults. My son and beat me more than once and I was not trying to let him win. There are so many combinations that you have to watch carefully. It makes the game fun for him because he wins sometimes and fun for me because I don't get bored. We are looking to purchase the adult version also!

Froggy Boogie
Froggy Boogie
Price: $20.14
47 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for young kids, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Froggy Boogie (Toy)
My children (2,4,6 years) love this game. My two year old is learning how to take turns, count, and colors. My four year old is learning colors and memorizing where the eyes are. My six year old is learning how to be patient with his younger siblings because they take longer. The pieces are durable (my 6 month old likes to hold on to them and squish them) and fun colored. We enjoy this game as a family and are looking to purchase more blueorange games in the future.

Canon EOS Rebel T1i 15.1 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3-Inch LCD and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
Offered by transbiz
50 used & new from $210.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for amateurs, June 5, 2010
This is a great camera for amateurs. I've owned mine now for 6 months and it's still working great. This is the top of the line for Canon's entry level SLRs. I would highly recommend this camera if you're looking at upgrading from a compact camera, or if you're thinking about going with the cheaper compact cameras. Keep in mind that the number of MPs isn't the most important thing. The size of the sensor is much more important. If one camera has the same number of MPs, but its sensor is smaller, it's trying to cram the same number of pixels into a smaller area, which greatly increases the noise you'll see in your photos (especially at higher ISOs for lower light settings).

One caution to users. Do NOT buy this camera primarily for its HD video capabilities, unless you don't mind using manual focus or having the auto-focus be audible in your video. The quality of the video is great, and the sound isn't even bad; however, using the standard lens, it's difficult to video anything without using the auto-focus. And if you video with the auto-focus, you will hear it on your video. I mainly use the video when I don't have my Sony Handycam handy and I really need to video something. Also, another caution, is that HD video will eat up a lot of your available SD card space. I have a 16GB, and any substantial amount of video time will greatly deplete how many pictures you can take.

There is a brand new user interface that comes along with this camera, and I must say, I actually prefer the T1i user interface to the user interfaces on the pro cameras (i.e. 40D, 5D, etc.). If it's been awhile since I've used the pro version, I forget how to get to certain options on the camera--but with the T1i, I can get right where I need to go without even thinking! Also, the LCD is bigger than on the pro versions, which makes it easier to view the photos on the camera later.

Outside the US this camera is sold as the 500D. With so many up to date features and the same sensor as the 50D, I can't see why anyone would choose a 50D over this one.

Unlike the pro versions, the T1i uses a SD Card instead of the compact flash. I actually like this, because it's more portable, and you can get a lot more memory for the price compared to a compact flash. I just have a USB reader that takes the SD Card, which means I can put the pictures onto anyone's computer (especially laptops). This is handy if you're visiting someone and want to leave pictures on their computer so you don't have to send them a CD or DVD when you get home. With a 16GB SD Card, you can hold a bit over 2000 highest quality (non-raw) photos.

This camera is lighter than the pro versions. This came in handy when I was backpacking through the rain forest.

The grip on the camera is good for amateurs, but you get a better grip with the pro versions.

DO NOT BUY THE OFF-BRAND BATTERIES! I bought two of the off-brand batteries for this camera, and I almost broke the camera trying to get them out of the camera. They do not fit very well. I went out and got an extra battery, this time using the Canon brand, and had no problems getting it in and out of the camera.

Bottom line, if you're looking for an SLR, but don't need anything as pricey as the pro versions, choose this one. You will not be disappointed.

Replacement Battery for Canon LP-E5, EOS 450D, REBEL XSI, EOS REBEL XS, EOS 1000D (800 mAh)
Offered by KastarUSA
Price: $8.19
7 used & new from $5.20

1.0 out of 5 stars Gets stuck in Rebel T1i (500D), December 28, 2009
I bought from Eforcity, but this is the same battery. The canon LP-E5 is the same battery used in the Rebel T1i. I bought two of these, and both of the got stuck in the camera. I had to use a screwdriver to dislodge the battery from the T1i (500D). One battery I had to use more force than the other... Point is--they both got stuck. Good thing I did not pay very much for it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2010 8:57 AM PST