Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Oaklander > Reviews

Browse

Oaklander's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Oaklander RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Muscle Pharm Combat Casein Supplement, Chocolate Milk, 4 Pound
Muscle Pharm Combat Casein Supplement, Chocolate Milk, 4 Pound
Offered by The King Of The North
Price: $47.34
8 used & new from $47.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it. Take this at night before bed and take the Combat Protein Blend during the day., September 21, 2015
I like having this as the nighttime formula to complement the regular musclepharm combat protein blend that I use after my workouts in the daytime. With both formulas, I've found that 4 oz of milk and 6 - 8 oz of water gives me the best consistency & taste. While I use 2 scoops with the daytime blend, you only want to use 1 scoop of this casein powder if you don't want to end up with cake batter lol. I've only been getting back into weightlifting since late May of this year but I can definitely tell you that these protein formulas have been helping my muscles recover much faster and although I'm at 25% bodyfat (trying to lose weight), I've been noticing some nice little growth as well, despite my caloric deficit.

DEI 050371 Boom Mat 6"x8" Oval Slim Speaker Baffle - Pack of 2
DEI 050371 Boom Mat 6"x8" Oval Slim Speaker Baffle - Pack of 2
Price: $15.74
19 used & new from $12.07

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with them, September 16, 2014
These are a bit over-sized for the cutouts in the doors but they went in fine enough. I just cut off the back of them (where it says Boom Mat durr) so that they would fit better and not deprive my speakers of the air they need for excursion. I'm pretty much using them to protect my speakers from water and to prevent rearward sound from radiating (echoing) through my door panels like a cheap alternative to DynaMat. Everything sounds much more defined now with the absence of all that extra unwanted noise. YES, it will prevent you from getting bass from your full range speakers but that's what a SUBWOOFER is for anyways. Coaxial and midrange speakers just aren't built to crank all that bass out and pushing them to do that job will blow them out before you know it. Highs and mids -- that's all you should ever want from your full range and component speakers.

Basically these work great for me but don't buy them unless you have:

A - a subwoofer (or more than one like me)

B - a 2 or 4 channel amp for your full range or component speakers (to make up for the restricted flow of air)

P.S. -- Your speakers will most likely sound like s*** in these shallow enclosures out of the box so I highly recommend cutting the backs off no matter what your application is.

Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Mobile Single Din In Dash CD/MP3 Receiver with Bluetooth, MIXTRAX and Pandora
7 used & new from $95.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than what I was expecting, October 19, 2013
I'm sort of new to the world of aftermarket car audio on the consumer side (I used to help out our understaffed car audio department quite a bit when I was a home theater salesman/specialist at Circuit City c. '06- '09 and have only invested in aftermarket speakers in the past) so my opinion may not matter much but this head unit in my opinion is dope af. Bluetooth automatically plays the last track open on your phone if you didn't have something else already playing, mic is multidirectional to filter out wind/environmental noise so calls come through really clear on both ends.

Soundwise, the preamp and whatever processor they're using seems to make all the difference in the world. I haven't installed my infinity's yet since I'm waiting for my Metra Ford speaker adapters to arrive (I'd rather avoid cutting any wires or soldering anything if I can avoid it. Just want a nice, clean, modular setup) but my stock speakers sound amazing and loud as hell compared to what they did with the stock unit, and it's not like I wasn't satisfied with how that setup sounded.

Suffice it to say, if you're looking for a good quality bluetooth deck for a great price, look no further..

DreamDNA Gel Infused Queen Size 4 Inch Thick, Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Bed Topper Made in the USA
Offered by All Sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price, you won't be dissapointed, October 11, 2013
Soft enough to sleep peacefully on, supportive enough to comfortably have sex on (especially within the first few weeks). I've had memory foam mattress toppers in the past that were super comfortable for the most part but they seemed to sap all my energy instead of recharging me as they should. Trying to get out of bed was always a challenge and it was like having sex in quick sand whenever I had a lady friend come over. This mattress topper starts to lose its initial robustness after a few weeks but it still holds up much better than my old ones. I'd say that it strikes a very nice balance between soft and firm. If you're shopping for memory foam on a budget, I'd definitely recommend you try this out.

Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices
Offered by IsaacTronics
Price: $129.99
10 used & new from $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Niiiiiiiice, July 25, 2013
I own a portable Auvio bluetooth stereo that I bought from Radioshack and although I love the surprisingly loud, clear sound from it, I wanted to get something with more "oomph" to it for more serious listening. I was looking at buying one of their larger AC powered models. One of them has 3D processing which creates a simulated surround experience that covers almost 360 degrees around the unit and has a surprising amount of bass to it for just a relatively small 4 driver setup. As tempted as I was to buy that powerful little box, my more frugal side decided against it as I already have plenty of component and surround sound systems scattered around my house that put out a lot more power and it just seemed wasteful to add to the collection as pretty much every space that gets a lot of use is already accounted for.

I decided to search for something that would allow me to listen to my existing speakers via bluetooth as they would undoubtedly outperform any specialized speakers on the market utilizing the technology. I landed on this receiver and it was pretty much a no brainer as Logitech is a company that I've long known and trusted, especially with HTIB and computer sound systems. As other reviewers have pointed out, this does come with a thick piece of metal which seams to do nothing but give more weight to the unit and weakens the signal but it's easily removed (see other reviews). Radioshack sells a much smaller Auvio brand version of this for $40 that I bought for another sound system in a different location and that one is pretty on par with this one. You pretty much can't go wrong with either brand with a few exceptions (cough, color cans, cough, cough)...

I have already listened to hours of music and watched plenty of movies using these and I am very happy with my purchase.

Gerber Gator Machete [31-000758]
Gerber Gator Machete [31-000758]
Price: Click here to see our price
131 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap alternative for home defense, traditional use look elsewhere, October 15, 2012
Bought this as a bedside back up in case I can't get to my shotgun in time or as a holdover until I'm locked and loaded. I like to keep my fire arms locked up and empty for obvious safety and legal reasons so it's good to have an alternative ready to go if need be. If I need to cut any brush, I have other machetes for that.

1)Sheath is decent quality, hides all sharp surfaces, doesn't get cut from either blade, comes with a security velcro strap that lays across the handle and allows for easy draw in case of emergency.
2)Grip is comfortable and ergonomic while allowing for double handed use.
3)Blade feels nice and rigid, not wobbly and is compact enough to easily manipulate and swing at targets in hallways, etc of the house.
4)Tip seems decent for thrusting.
5)The edge comes very dull so needs to be sharpened.
6)The saw on the back is quite nice and pointy though so it's ready for use in case something goes down before you have a chance to sharpen the main edge. Give it a good whack to the side of a home intruder's neck and pull it forward and it should rip their jugular open quite nicely if not leave their head hanging lopsided from the sawing motion.

Hopefully I'll never have to use it but if I do, I'll make sure to upload some photos to show how well it performed ;)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, just follow the directions, October 6, 2012
Works great, looks mean as hell, doesn't slip, and gets rid of the need to wear gloves (I still like to wear them however). I don't know about anyone else but when I go to the range, I like to go through at least 100 rounds and that barrel gets pretty hot lol. Just make sure you take it off when you clean your gun so you can get all the lead and gunpowder residue off of it and your barrel. If you don't have the right tools to properly install and remove the screws, all you need is a c wrench and snub nose pliers. Sure it'll scratch some of the blue finish off of the screw heads, nuts, and front mounts, but that just gives it more character and grit in my opinion. Just buy it, you know you want one haha.

PS. Like I said, follow the directions. Both mounts need to be snug so use a vise or c clamp to tighten the front mounts to where they should be! Unless you're Arnold Schwarzenegger or too strong for your own good, make sure to tighten the screws as much as you can so the nuts won't fall off.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars great tactical light for the price, September 25, 2012
Flashlight with 8 LED's and a laser in the center. Pressure switch comes with velcro patches to attach to forend for easy detach/reattach. Entire thing runs on 3 AAA batteries which makes it extremely convenient/economical for keeping it powered up through the years (no expensive, bs proprietary cells to hunt down).

Setting 1: flashlight Setting 2: laser Setting 3: laser and light combo Setting 4: strobe light.

*Be aware that it is impossible to zero the laser and it's path isn't perfectly centered so you will have to rotate the light until the laser is as close to the point of impact as possible (somewhere on the Y axis below or above it). It is still fairly accurate for closer ranges though from my experience (7 - 14 yards/21 - 42 feet) just as long as you've adjusted it to match up with the POI as much as possible.

*If you're putting this on a 12 gauge, make sure to tighten this as much as possible (to the point where you need stick an allen wrench between the clamp and the light holder to disengage it) because if you can still get it off with your bare hands it WILL slide forward with each shot and scratch the hell out of your mag tube in the process.

*Last thing: I don't know if it's because I put too much pressure on the forend grip while cycling the action or firing while I holding it down or what but the pressure switch stays ON now every time I have it attached instead of the basic end cap so I had to junk it. Just letting you know so you may take more care and hopefully avoid this problem.

Overall this laser/light combo probably won't win you any long range marksmanship competitions but it will be extremely effective for a home defense purpose. Just point the red dot on where you want to punch a big hole and squeeze the trigger :)

P.S. Yes, this light isn't the brightest I've seen but it will blind and disorient a person, especially in low lighting, buying you precious time to react and hopefully preventing the use of lethal force when it's not necessary. I don't know, that's up to you, not judging but I'd rather let a non-violent perp flee in terror and avoid the legal troubles when it's prudent.

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor - Xbox 360
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor - Xbox 360
Offered by Deal Source Network
Price: $6.99
54 used & new from $1.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Problematic controls, too complicated for Kinect, not a true "controller free" game, July 25, 2012
Please note first that I am basing this review off the game demo, not the actual game so it may not represent the actual finished game with complete accuracy. This is just to forewarn potential customers who might buy it without trying it out first with a completely different expectation of the game than what it actually delivers. I feel that this game could have been so much better had they taken their time and built in a control system that reflected the strengths and limitations of the Kinect. Now I do realize that not all game spaces are created the same (lighting, room, background noise, placement of furniture, etc) but the movement recognition in the game was awkward and at many times buggy or unresponsive. You might carefully make a gesture to do one thing and it'll only track you half way before slipping back to your default position or over-compensate and move you further than you wanted to go in the cockpit or even make you do something completely different than what you were aiming at. Of course the Kinect isn't exactly fool-proof and we're working with a relatively new technology but I haven't experienced anything close to the amount of bugs with other games and demos than I have with this particular game. Secondly the movements are very unnatural for the human body and I suspect that playing a game like this for an extended period of time will end up in a muscle injury with some people out there. Then to top it off, all the Kinect gestures are basically just confined to moving around the cockpit whereas all the main commands require a controller, so really it's like "what's even the point?". Like I said before, this is based on the demo and not the actual finished game (although many times they're not all that much different) but if you want my advice, rent this game first or try it out at a friend's house before dropping a good chunk of cash on this game that could have been better spent somewhere else.

PCT 1-PORT BI-DIRECTIONAL CABLE TV HDTV AMPLIFIER SIGNAL BOOSTER WITH PASSIVE RETURN PATH
Offered by cableTVamps
Price: $21.75
8 used & new from $11.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for Antenna/Cable creates isssues with Internet, June 21, 2012
I bought this product to boost the signal we were getting to our cable internet modem. It seemed to boost download speeds right away and worked great for about a month but then all of a sudden it interrupted our modem's connection to the internet and I had to remove it to get back on the internet. Hooked it up between an antenna and a TV and it definitely provided a much more solid signal in that respect. Either way this is a good product and it does seem to help out with internet bandwidth temporarily but don't count on it being a permanent fixture in that regard.

Page: 1 | 2