Profile for Scotchrist > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scotchrist RSS Feed (Bucktown)

Dazzling Toys LED Finger Lights - 80 Pcs (D006/2)
Dazzling Toys LED Finger Lights - 80 Pcs (D006/2)
Offered by TONERSWORLD
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poorly Made, November 4, 2014
We ordered these to give out as trick-or-treat items. Almost exactly half didn't work. Several lights were on when package arrived, so they must have turned on when jostled in shipping, but the vast majority simply didn't work. I took several apart to see if it was a battery or bulb problem, but it turned out to be a workmanship problem, as the batteries and bulbs worked fine when taken apart. As you have to break them to take them apart, the item is a disappointing waste.

New Balance Men's MC1005 Tennis Shoe,White,9 2E US
New Balance Men's MC1005 Tennis Shoe,White,9 2E US
Price: $114.95
2 used & new from $114.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as they used to be, October 26, 2014
So bummed that New Balance has dropped their quality on this line of tennis shoes. In just a few matches, the stitching has come apart at the toe and along the side. Also, the material used for the body of the shoe makes a sound like a diaper being crunched when I walk. I need to find another tennis shoe that has the quality of the old New Balance and also comes in widths. Any ideas, folks?

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars blade razors that don't do a better job than a 2 blade, October 26, 2014
No need to be tricked into 3, 4, 5, etc. blade razors that don't do a better job than a 2 blade. Buy these, save money, and get a great shave.

Northpoint Cuddly Regal Microsherpa Throw, Blue
Northpoint Cuddly Regal Microsherpa Throw, Blue
Price: $31.10

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor craftsmanship. Stitching is off and materials are cheap, October 26, 2014
Very poor craftsmanship. Stitching is off and materials are cheap. I purchased because I have been very happy with other similar blankets from this brand, but their quality seems to have gone down hill.

Divatex 100-Percent Cotton Flannel Twin Sheet Set, Mocha
Divatex 100-Percent Cotton Flannel Twin Sheet Set, Mocha
Price: $26.99
3 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Camp Bedding, November 4, 2013
Perfect for your North Woods summer camper. It can get cold in the North Woods on summer nights, and nothing feels toastier than flanel. That is all.

Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Black Diamond - Retail Packaging (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by EverythingDeals
Price: $91.59
80 used & new from $53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Portable Jambox, November 4, 2013
Great sound and design. Perfect jambox for a small space -- I use it in my car because the radio was too ridiculously expensive to fix -- great portability. If you're looking for massive sound, however, look elsewhere -- this baby tops out more at a 6 than an 11.

Carhartt Women's Extremes All-Season Boot Sock,Khaki,Medium
Carhartt Women's Extremes All-Season Boot Sock,Khaki,Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Moonrise Kingdom Wear, November 4, 2013
So, you want to be a Khaki Scout of North America? You can't be without the proper footwear, and these high quality babies are about the closest yer gonna get. The small just fit my 10 year old's size 5 foot, and the medium just fit my size 9. In hindsight, I'd go a size up for each of us.

Papertoy Monsters: 50 Cool Papertoys You Can Make Yourself!
Papertoy Monsters: 50 Cool Papertoys You Can Make Yourself!
by Brian Castleforte
Price: $13.81
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a rainy day, January 18, 2011
My 10 year old daughter loves Papertoy Monsters: Make Your Very Own Amazing Papertoys! and has spent hours cutting out and creating the original monsters. This simple book was one of her favorite x-mas presents.

Science Time Electrical Crane Kit by Toysmith
Science Time Electrical Crane Kit by Toysmith
Offered by Hobby Marketplace
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, September 25, 2010
This was a gift for my 7 year old son, and he and I built it together in less than 10 minutes. Midway through the 13 step instructions, the project gets confusing and almost seems if it is missing a step. If I wasn't there to help, there is no way my son would have been able to finish building the crane. When completed, the crane worked for one lifting and lowering of the plastic 'weight' it is designed to lift, then the pully string popped off the rollers. Even if it were to work properly, it is completely pointless as it is only able to lift and lower an object about 6 inches. Do not buy this item.

Closet Complete 69055 It's Happy Bunny Collection Laundry Bag
Closet Complete 69055 It's Happy Bunny Collection Laundry Bag

1.0 out of 5 stars Inappropriate Inscription, July 14, 2010
I should have pressed the zoom in button, then I wouldn't have been surprised by the following text on the bag: "Kiss me right on the pooper." While I cannot comment on the quality of the bag, I found the inscription to be too inappropriate to send with my 10 y.o. daughter to camp. Someone else might find it cute -- I did not and am sending it back.
Word to the wise, I found a similar bag (without a text/bunny) for half the price at target.