Profile for K. Vesper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Vesper "Honest Reviewer" RSS Feed (Dallas, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Premium In Car Holder and Charger for HTC Evo
Premium In Car Holder and Charger for HTC Evo

1.0 out of 5 stars Okay if it isn't DOA, March 22, 2013
I wanted two of these, so I ordered two. One was good, one broken or missing parts. I sent it back and ordered another. Same issue. So I ordered two more and one was fine, the other broken. Good luck getting one that is correct.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Pulls apart as easy as chewing gum, December 13, 2012
The perforation is terrible. Often I'll get half of the bag ripped from the next and then it begins peeling like chewing gum and the bag just rips where is shouldn't. Great it's biodegradable, but what's the point when the quality and usefulness is severely lacking?

Sangean H201 AM/FM Digital Shower Radio
Sangean H201 AM/FM Digital Shower Radio
Price: $64.56
129 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, the reception is unbelievable!, February 14, 2012
We loved our Sharper Image SI738 CD Shower Radio for 8 years before it died last week, despite the reception being just okay even with the wire antenna fully extended.

When I opened the Sangean H201 and turned it on I was blown away by how clear it came in, and I hadn't even taken the FM antenna out of the back of the radio! Frankly, I just left it rolled up in there. I really couldn't be happier. My only wish is that the next iteration has bluetooth so I can stream Pandora or iheartradio. I'm guessing that can't be too far off.

Flash Stingray 19"
Flash Stingray 19"
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $9.00
10 used & new from $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars AGREE - Way smaller than I thought, and smaller than advertised., October 4, 2011
This review is from: Flash Stingray 19" (Toy)
This is 10" wide and 17" long, at best. Not the 11"x19" advertised. I suppose you could stretch it and reach the advertised measurements, but either way it's misleading or dishonest. I'll be returning it.

Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix
Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix
Price: $139.00
5 used & new from $119.72

1.0 out of 5 stars Button design change a deal breaker!, September 29, 2011
Last year I would've given this 5 stars. This year it's down to 1. Simply put, because of a part design change.

In 2010 I purchased this seat for my son and it's awesome. It's easy for him to get in and out of (he can click himself in, and push the button to get himself out), and he says it's a comfortable seat.

Fast forward to last weekend when I purchased the same model for my daughter (date stamp on the seat was 4/18/2011). Upon first use I had her hop up in the van and told her to put her belts on. She couldn't so I got out and also had a tough time getting them clicked (and then unclicked at our destination). The button pictured on the box was identical to the one on my son's Nautilus. From the front it looks like a semi-circle and the button action is to press downward, as opposed to inward like most other brands. This design was perfect! Unfortunately Graco made a design change to this inward pressing button which is exponentially more difficult to use. I called and they said they'd send me a replacement part of the inward pressing button in case mine is defective, but they no longer had the downward type button. We'll see how the replacement goes. Maybe It's just a defective part, but if she still is unable to click/unclick herself into the seat then it's going back for a refund.

*** EDIT 4 hours after original post ***
I went to Toys r Us after posting and two of their display seats had the old (good) design. The manager let me swap my latch parts for the one on the display. He couldn't believe how much more difficult the new design is to use. It's on all of them with the new button, not just mine, so it turns out it isn't defective simply a very poor design change. At least my little girl won't be frustrated anymore now that we've got the "old" button.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2011 4:39 PM PDT

Cars 2: The Video Game - Nintendo DS
Cars 2: The Video Game - Nintendo DS
Price: $11.99
78 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-stop fun for my 6 year old, July 13, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
We limit screen time in the house which includeds DS, TV, Wii, iPad, and PC. My son has dedicated most of his screen time this past week to his new Cars 2 DS game and says it's awesome. I haven't played or seen much of it, but review it because there aren't any out here on Amazon yet and I wanted to pass along that at least somebody loves this game.

Thunder Group ALPZ13 Seamless-Rim Aluminum Pizza Screen, 13 Inch
Thunder Group ALPZ13 Seamless-Rim Aluminum Pizza Screen, 13 Inch
Price: $9.99
7 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic results if you use cooking spray first, January 18, 2011
I love these pizza screens. The dough stuck the first few times I used it, but now I spray it first (at an angle) with cooking spray and my pizza slides off with a gentle shake.

Here are my tips:
If you're getting frustrated forming the dough, set it down to rest for 5 minutes and it'll be easier to work with once it sits.

If you like a crispier crust, lightly brush EVOO on the dough once you form it then partially bake the dough on the middle rack before topping. I pre-bake my crust at 420 for 9 minutes, remove the crust from the oven, top it, and replace it in the oven for 11-15 minutes. I prefer when the cheese begins to brown, and 15 minutes gets that job done.

Proscan 40LD45Q 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black
Proscan 40LD45Q 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars First one wouldn't recognize the remote, Second works great, August 5, 2010
I just bought this 399 from a major retailer beginning with W and ending in mart. My first one, like other reviewers, wouldn't recognize the remote. It was manufactured in Sept. 2009. I exchanged it, got one manufactured in Oct. 2009 and it works just fine. Can't beat it for the money, but I certainly understand the frustration of others who have had the remote issue. All I can say is try another.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2010 9:36 AM PDT

Splash-Cup Football Sport Pong Table
Splash-Cup Football Sport Pong Table

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but slightly flawed., July 20, 2010
We've had a blast with this, but the suction cup goal posts don't stay down very well (i.e. long), and fall easily after a short period. I think I paid under thirty bucks, so it was still well worth it.

Zapi Doodles Boys UV Toothbrush Sanitizer
Zapi Doodles Boys UV Toothbrush Sanitizer
Offered by CAPSI

2.0 out of 5 stars UV Light doesn't last long, and DRY your toothbrush first., July 20, 2010
You don't want an accumulation of water in this thing, so dry your toothbrush well first. We got that pink mildew inside (despite the "sanitizing" feature).

We have another one of these and the UV light went out in 2 months.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2012 1:18 PM PDT