Profile for PappaJojo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PappaJojo RSS Feed

Onkyo HT-S9400THX 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver/Speaker Package
Onkyo HT-S9400THX 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver/Speaker Package

5.0 out of 5 stars HT-S9400THX, February 18, 2012
I purchase this HT-S9400THX system for a new home theater that I was building. It performs wonderfully. The bass is unbelievable, try a space film! The first moveie I put in was a Disney film, my dog ran away to hide when the fireworks went off! They always shake him up on the 4th. I have it hooked up with a Sharp LC-70LE735U & BD-HP35U, and they all work flawlessly together. With the AQUOS Link (CEC Protocol)it gives total system control. I am using a front high 7.1 configuration... it rocks! The Onko system worked right out of the box, with no setup done. Even down at the other end of the house, the quality of the sound was unmistakable. It will take you some time to investagate and setup all the features there are a ton. I especially like the Onko remote control,it is well planed out and easy to use. You will be very happy with the quality of this system and the sound reproduction. Those are the pluses.
Now the for the draw backs: What I can note here are few, but important considerations. First the head is quite large (barely fits in a standard cablet, and is does run warm! It needs open air space to cool, or do as I have done and installed two 120mm fans in the cabnet to cool it and other components. Second, the corner surround speakers are quite beefy, so if mounted on mounts, pick some of good quality. I used the six packs mounts available here on Amazon. I killed one right away. And,I had to add some star type lock washers on the pivots to hold the weight on the other ones (be gental with the set screws). I also replaced the original wires that were sent with the system. I used some 16 guage speaker wire, which I will recommend as a minimum size. That said and done, overall it is a great system. My only real complaint was not Amazon's fault, and is a big plus for Onko. The shippers tried intentioally to destroy this system, that was plain to see. With crushed box parts(3 inches on the corners). It had to have been dropped on the top and rolled a few times. I found lift truck holes imbedded 8 inches into the styrofoam in two places. Riped cardboard holes and the carton was packing taped back together everywhere. There was not one complete piece of the packing foam left intact! The only damage that was done to the system, was a little dent on the sub woofer RCA output jack (it needed 9" of foam I guess). My hat is off to Onko's packaging department! Their care saved the day.