Profile for 12mshoenista > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

12mshoenista RSS Feed (Roswell,GA)

As Nature Made Him: The Boy Who Was Raised as a Girl
As Nature Made Him: The Boy Who Was Raised as a Girl
by John Colapinto
Price: $12.94
133 used & new from $3.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Horrible parenting, June 1, 2013
I'll keep this short. David and Brian Reimer were total innocents in this uncontionable travesty! They both deserved better medical and psychological treatment, and most of all COMPETENT PARENTS! Could they have been cursed with more dim witted parents or what? I can absolutly see how they were convinced briefly(in those days), but to let things get so out of hand for so very long, and to see poor, poor David suffer unthinkably,..... is UNFORGIVABLE! Dr. Money (originally from New Zealand) was a QUACK and a HACK who shouldv'e bee arrested (along with the Reimer parents and any others involved) and thrown into jail for the rest of his life, preferably back to a jail in his native land!

Forget about all the others involved. HOW ON EARTH COULD THE REIMER'S DO SUCH A THING TO THEIR SON'S FOR SO LONG?! Just how long were they willing to go along with such an ungodly deception?! How DUMB could they really be?! And why didn't the Canadian government DO SOMETHING about the situation? Why did they need to go outside of Canada in the first place?! They sat back and let David (and Brian) suffer needlessly, spiral out of control, then crash and burn!!! I'm sure the Canadian government knew they were both boy's and yet they allowed for this to unfold. They ALSO DID NOTHING TO HELP, RESCUE AND SAVE THE BOYS SANITY AND LIVES!!! And what about other family members? They too had to know that twin BOYS were born. What's wrong with these people? And yes of course, I also blame the U.S. hospital officials for their egregious wrong doings as well.

Dammit....this should NEVER been allowed to happen. I pray there's a better place, and that David and Brian are resting easily there....for eternity.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Be cautious to not mix GCBE with Raspberry Ketones, May 24, 2012
**Warning** I found out the hard way that GCBE & Raspberry Ketones can and DO have side effects!!! I was taking 1600mg of GCBE & 1200mg of RK daily for only 3 days before the side effects kicked in. All was literaly fine until the 3rd night I started feeling jittery, then the migrane headache (that lasted for 3.5 days), and then the diahrea came, followed by painful stomache cramps! I felt sooo bad for 3 full days. I wasn't bed ridden or anything, but I just stopped using both supplements and laid down (and drank tons of water) as much as possible. Finally after not taking either for 5 full days, I seemed normal again, and I took only 800mg of GCBE today, and decided that I won't take any more than that for the next 3 days, just to see if the side effects kick in again. I'm not sure if I should give up on GCBE or not (I've purchased 5 bottles so far), but I'm desperate to loose these pesky 25 pounds, and i've invested too much $$$$ to give up so quickly! Does anyone out their have a similar story? Or just some much needed advice?

I'll keep you all posted on my progress (if any), and hope that you all will do the same.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2012 10:54 PM PDT

John Fluevog Women's Rci Boot,Dark Grey,12 M US
John Fluevog Women's Rci Boot,Dark Grey,12 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy on the eyes....... hard on the feet, May 13, 2012
These Fluevog Rci Riding Boots are adorable, but they're also very stiff. The beautiful leather is extremely difficult to break in! BUT when you finally do (get a pair of quality WOOD shoe stretchers) you'll agree that they're more than worth the effort. I bought the Grey here on Amazon, and I had previously purchased the even more lovely red one's at Endless.com. Now if I can track down a pair of the brown one's, I'd be in fluevog heaven. That's how much i love these unique booties.

CTM® Womens Chunky Knit Slouchy Beanie Beret
CTM® Womens Chunky Knit Slouchy Beanie Beret
Offered by BeltOutlet
Price: $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, December 26, 2011
I'm PO'd! I should've ordered the gray (currently out of stock) when I had the chance. Instead, I only ordered the black and brown (deep/rich/chocolate) ones. They're great knit hats! They're very cozy, warm, accomodating, large (even if you've a lot of hair,braids, or just a big noggin...like me), stylish, and versitle. You can wear it like the model shown, or tug it to one side, or my favorite,..... place it on top of your head, and scrunch down the excess fabric around your head, it looks best on me that way. I've only had them for 6 days, have worn them 4 times, and have gotten loads of......where did you get your hat/beanie from? I suppose maybe I did my self in by telling them where they could buy one, before ordering the gray color. CURSES! I'll know better next time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars They do what they should, October 28, 2011
I wanted a short-shaft winter boot, and this one fit the bill. They're cozy, warm, well-made and simple. Oh, and did I forget....cheap? For the price, they can't be beat.

Star-spangled Canadians: Canadians living the American dream
Star-spangled Canadians: Canadians living the American dream
by Jeffrey Simpson
41 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Ode to Canadian anti-Americanism, October 28, 2011
Where do I begin... Just one more in on a very long list of America bashing Canadians (though simpson is American born,Canadian raised). I purchased this book in hopes that it would somehow give me some insight on just whats going on with my America-hating, Canadian husband who's has appaently been forced to live in the U.S. for the past 23 years (otherwise he's surely leave....right?). This book was just more of the same old, same old. The books starts out well enough, but then it goes on and on about how Canadians are so much better educated than Americans, and that their healthcare system is superior to ours, and that Canada's crime rates are nearly nill by comparison. Chapter, after chapter, after chapter of U.S./Canadian comparisons that lead nowhere. So much anti-Americanism in a book with such a title. Go figure. The $3 bucks I paid for this drivel was a rip-off.

Move on people.......nothing to see here.

New Rasta Beanie Hat - Black
New Rasta Beanie Hat - Black
Offered by e4Hats
Price: $20.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not dreadlock worthy, October 27, 2011
I purchased this beanie-ish,beret-ish knit hat because I belived it would be over-sized, which would allow for dreadlocks (which I don't have). Alas, this hat, though billed as large enough for dreads, is barely large enough for a head full of cornrow braids. Too small, but very stretchy. I've been looking for a simple stylish over-sized knit hat for a different look (for me) this fall and winter. Although I do like the hat enough to keep it, and the cost of returns plus original shipping costs would make it silly to return, I am saddend that I was suckered by false advertising. The hat is nothing special at all, and not the slouchy hat that I want,......but oh well:(

BodyMint, 60 Count Bottle
BodyMint, 60 Count Bottle
Price: $14.99
10 used & new from $13.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, for body odors, but not so good for bad breath, August 19, 2011
This product did not work as well as I'd hope for bad breath. However it did help some, and I also noticed that it almost completly wiped out all body odors. So even though it didn't knock out my occassional halitosis, i'd still re-purchase because of the body odor killing abilities. Oh, and as some others have mentiond, it does make your poop turn green!

Hoover Tempo WidePath Bagged Upright, U5140900
Hoover Tempo WidePath Bagged Upright, U5140900
Price: $79.00
22 used & new from $67.15

5.0 out of 5 stars "HALLELUJAH" Finally.....a vacuum that actually WORKS!!!, June 7, 2010
I've waited a life time for a vacuum like the Hoover Tempo Widepath! I've purchased 4 in the last 8 years, and none of them could come close to the performance of this little darling. And, I can't believe that it works so well, but costs so little. I never expected such a GREAT product at this price point! As wonderful as the Tempo is, it does have 2 small negatives. 1., the cord is too short, 2. the attachement hose is also too short, and it sucks-in on it's self. Annoying...yes, but forgiveable because otherwise this vacuum sucks it's butt off! Cat hair on my carpet is now a thing of the past!