Profile for Richard OConor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Richard OConor "not a doctor, Jim, just a PhD" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A really fun read, June 23, 2014
If I'd known this was a "Vampire Book," I probably wouldn't have picked it up. I'm glad I did. It's more descended from Buffy than Twilight, in terms of a female lead with actual agency, etc. Plus it's just super fun and fast-paced.

Super Pro Pool Filter 0-60 Pressure Gauge 1/4" Fitting
Super Pro Pool Filter 0-60 Pressure Gauge 1/4" Fitting
Offered by Mark's Pool Store
Price: $6.79
13 used & new from $3.95

2.0 out of 5 stars junk, June 14, 2014
Didn't work very long, not sure it was correct when it did "work". It was cheap though, there i that.

ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router
ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router
Price: $169.99
127 used & new from $130.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted :/, April 6, 2014
Super easy setup. Connections were fast and stable... until they weren't. Unit died in just under a month. Returning for refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 4:24 PM PDT

He's Back [HD]
He's Back [HD]
DVD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars "Begging the question" has a specific, and correct, logical meaning., November 23, 2013
Enjoyable, I just wish they wouldn't say, "That begs the question" when they mean "That raises the question." Lawyers (and writers of lawyerly dialogue) should know better.

Sous Vide Supreme Promo Pack Cooking System, PSV-00144
Sous Vide Supreme Promo Pack Cooking System, PSV-00144
5 used & new from $420.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome but keep our eyes open in October, October 3, 2013
I've heard so many good things about this product that I've been hinting about wanting one for my October birthday. Recently received the monthly coupon mailer from a popular, upscale membership warehouse (that may begin with a "C') featuring this product at a significantly lower price, You should probably do some back of the envelope sales tax calculations, but you could potentially save quite a few bucks.

Sorry Amazon, I love you, but live by the internet, die by the internet. <sad trombone>
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2013 7:43 PM PDT

Omron 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
Price: $48.50
125 used & new from $42.99

1.0 out of 5 stars At least it's consistent :/, April 16, 2013
I thought I was going to have a stroke at any moment, BP through the roof! Then I went to the doctor and got what I like to call an "accurate" measurement.

BP measures are consistent day-to-day, so I suppose you can just "calibrate" with an accurate cuff - just knock 30-35 mg of systolic and 10-15 mg of diastolic and it's perfect.

Unfortunately, I did not discover this until I was outside of the return window.

Abatement Technologies H105-3 Replacement Filters for CAP100-U | 3-Pack
Abatement Technologies H105-3 Replacement Filters for CAP100-U | 3-Pack
Offered by Same Day Supply Inc
Price: $139.99

2.0 out of 5 stars bad price, December 12, 2012
These are the correct filters (for non UV- CAP100) but google and you'll find better prices from the same vendor and even better from some other online vendors. Same with the uv and prefilters.

LG BH6820SW 1000W 3D Blu-ray Home Theater System with Smart TV and Wireless Rear Speakers (2012 Model)

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't play well with others, April 17, 2012
I've had this for a few weeks but am returning. Setup went fine for me, wireless speakers worked right out of the box. Nice to have Hulu+.

However, I have an LG TV and my previous LG blu-ray coordinated very well with it. This unit does not. The units don't cooperate turning on and off, don't always recognize each other etc. I bought this LG unit to specifically simplink or whatever they call it, with my television. Possibly, it cooperates with newer models, but my TV is pretty new.

Also, the television receiver also "crashed" frequently, as in seized up and had to be unplugged and replugged. No buttons would work, on-off, nothing.

Viagrow 5 gallon Black Bucket
Viagrow 5 gallon Black Bucket
Offered by Atlantis Hydroponics
Price: $15.99
4 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, August 30, 2011
What can you say about a bucket? This is a good bucket....its just as described. Arrives at your doorstep after a click of a button or two. the wonders of internet shopping extend even towards the need of a bucket.

Traverse Bay Fruit Co. Dried Cherries, 4-Pound Box
Traverse Bay Fruit Co. Dried Cherries, 4-Pound Box
Price: $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious. Fast shipping., August 30, 2011
Couldn't be more satisfied with the purchase. Exactly as described. Fast shipping. Cheaper and better quality than I could purchase locally. What more could I ask for?

Page: 1 | 2