Profile for Logan M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Logan M. RSS Feed (Carlsbad, CA)

The Last Enemy Volume 1
The Last Enemy Volume 1
DVD
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 12, 2014
Enjoyed this movie and highly recommend.

NUK Mash and Serve Bowl
NUK Mash and Serve Bowl
Price: $7.79
48 used & new from $3.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, October 12, 2014
Works OK, but didn't use it for long.

Stride Rite SRT Tulip Fisherman Sandal (Toddler),White,6.5 M US Toddler
Stride Rite SRT Tulip Fisherman Sandal (Toddler),White,6.5 M US Toddler
Price: $34.16
2 used & new from $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality, great fit., October 12, 2014
Love these sandals! Purchased exact ones a few months ago and toddler outgrew them. The fit is great, not too wide as most toddler sandals are. Protects the toes, yet keeps feel cool. Super easy to get on and off.

CM Storm Stryker - Gaming Full Tower Computer Case with Carrying Handle and External 2.5-Inch Drive Dock, White
Price: $200.62
5 used & new from $105.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case, came missing fans., June 21, 2013
The case is awesome. Great build quality. Enormous, but with how big graphics cards are, it's necessary. The majority of it is nice quality metal, and everything that isn't metal is still very high quality. Overall, it looks fantastic. However, the case came without the two front fans (only the two side fans, the one in the back, and the top) when it was advertised as having those two. Perhaps I just received a faulty unit, but that is how mine came. Despite this, it's an overall great case.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2014 12:08 PM PDT

2 X Mini Usb Bluetooth V2.0 Edr Dongle Wireless Adapter
2 X Mini Usb Bluetooth V2.0 Edr Dongle Wireless Adapter
Offered by SupplyQuick
Price: $1.76
36 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought 4, none worked., March 22, 2013
I bought 4 of these USB bluetooth dongles for use with MotionInJoy to connect a PS3 controller through bluetooth to my computer to control games. I have done the same with another dongle which worked flawlessly, but I lost that one and went in search of a cheap replacement. I found these and decided to try my luck. No luck, none of the four adapters worked.

ASUS G55VW-DS71 15.6-Inch Gaming Notebook (Black)
ASUS G55VW-DS71 15.6-Inch Gaming Notebook (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Machine... a bit of bad luck maybe, August 19, 2012
This computer was honestly just what I wanted: a full performance gaming laptop who's aesthetics were as good as it's specs.

Now for my problem: I had the laptop running for 2 days (not 2 whole days, I had it 2 days and was using it on and off). Then, while playing Portal 2 on medium graphics and 1080p, I started to notice some new issues. I was playing co-op with my friend who has a baseline 2008 aluminum MacBook (way slower than this computer) and yet the animations weren't loading in the loading menus and the loading menus were freezing up. HE WAS WAITING ON ME! My computer had suddenly started to perform slower than a baseline 2008 macbook! While I was actually playing (not in the loading screen) it seemed that all was well, but then the 3rd or 4th loading screen, the game crashed and when I tried ctrl+alt+del it said that the ctrlaltdel menu was not available, and that my only options were to try ESC to see if I could get out, or to forcefully shut down the computer. Of course, ESC didn't do anything, so I force shut down and start back up.

This is where the real problems start. It started up, windows boot logo and all. I give the computer a good 5 or 10 minutes to start up, and it remained at a black screen with the cursor visible, no login screen. Obviously something's up; it took hardly 45 seconds before. I had not experimented with the recovery tools before this point, and I also hadn't installed anything big but the games, so I was fine with doing the system restore to fix the problem. I did the restore. The problem did not stop: boots still took 5 minutes and the HDD was constantly trying to be read from for 15 minutes after booting. Any menu I tried to launch took a good 60 seconds to launch: stuff like right click menus took 30 seconds. And this was after 15 minutes of waiting for the HDD to stop being read from, something that used to take maybe 15 seconds.

What I feel the problem might have been: an update. Just before I had started playing Portal 2, I updated and restarted which appeared to work just fine. I don't believe it did. What does make me doubt this is that a system restore did not solve the problem; I would expect a Windows update to only be affecting the system data on the hard drive, which should have been solved by a system restore. It was not solved.

In my desperation, I reinstalled windows completely fresh. Wiped the HDD and reinstalled. Even this did nothing.

After all of this, I have decided to order a replacement. I only dropped one star for this issue and I truly hope it does not happen with the next one. It's a truly fantastic computer and I do recommend it to anyone looking; my problem is a very isolated one.

UPDATE: Got the new machine in, and it works flawlessly. I now understand that purchasing a "like new" computer from Amazon Warehouse Deals (which I have had good results with in the past) is not a good idea. I got the replacement new from Amazon and everything is fine, nothing seems out of place as many things did with the used one. I'm a happy customer!

Haflinger Women's AS Slipper,Black,38 EU (Women's 7 M US/Men's 5 D US)
Haflinger Women's AS Slipper,Black,38 EU (Women's 7 M US/Men's 5 D US)
Price: $58.40
10 used & new from $56.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite slippers-ever!, December 8, 2011
Purchased these as a birthday gift for my sister and ordered another pair for me. I own 4 pairs of Haflinger slippers simply because they are super comfortable and keep my feet toasty warm. I keep them by the front door and change from shoes to slippers the second I get home.

Phoenix DZBIS-112iTTL Digital Autofocus Flash (i-TTL, D-TTL, TTL) + Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce Diffuser + 4 Batteries & Charger for Nikon D40, D60, D3000, D3100, D5000, D5100, D7000, D300s, D3 & D3s Digital SLR Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flash, June 29, 2009
This is a great flash if you are just a casual photographer. It works flawlessly and comes with a very handy diffuser. If the diffuser is not on it, then you can control how focused the light is by pulling the front of the light out or by pushing it in. The batteries and battery charger are great. THere are 4 2900 mAh AA batteries, which last for a while. The head can turn 360 Degrees around and 90 Degrees up from the position it is shown at in the picture.

Kenko Teleplus MC4 - Converter DG - Nikon F [Camera]
Kenko Teleplus MC4 - Converter DG - Nikon F [Camera]

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but bad at focusing, June 29, 2009
I used this teleconverter with my Nikon D300 and Nikon 18-200 f/3.5-5.5 lens and, like others have said before, it needs a lot of light. Others have stated about a 'Purple Haziness' in the image, which I have not experienced, so that might be a problem with the coating on their teleconverter.
Also, (I don't know if this is a problem with my type of camera/lens in particular) it has a problem autofocusing. It will go back and forth across the point in which it is focused. I just use manual focus which is fine for still wildlife but not for action.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2010 6:07 AM PST

Nikon 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Nikon 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: Click here to see our price
26 used & new from $280.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Lens, May 4, 2009
This lens is the BEST! I can get about 2 inches from my subject and still focus! the auto focus doesn't work with the Nikon D40 because it needs AF-S, but I am fine with using manual focus. Truly, I don't care about the inability to zoom. Overall a great lens.
Comment Comment | Permalink