Profile for HotRod_Horror > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

HotRod_Horror RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pneumatic 10 Ton Hydraulic Knockout Punch Hole Driver Kit Complete Tool Set w/ 6 Dies (1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 2")
Offered by AmartUSA
Price: $99.95
4 used & new from $72.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, May 21, 2015
I'm always skeptical of these cheap Chinese tools, but at less than 10% of the cost of a Greenlee punch set, I thought I'd give it a try. When I pulled out the instruction manual I got a bit nervous. Firstly, it calls the tool a "hydraulic hole digger" and the rest of the "manual" (if you can call a single small sheet of folded paper a manual) is written in horrible, nonsensical "Chinglish" and doesn't actually tell you how to use the tool.

However, upon looking at the dies and the tool, they appeared to be of decent quality. The metal case is fairly decent, but the styrofoam insert that holds the parts in place kind of sucks. I just pulled it out and tossed it.

My first use of this tool was to make a hole in a 15 gauge stainless steel box. I was enlarging an existing hole, so I didn't need to make a pilot hole. However, if you do, you'll need a 7/16" or 11mm hole for the 1/2" and 3/4" K.O. dies and a 13/16" or 20mm hole for the 1", 1-1/4", 1-1/2", and 2" K.O. dies. I assembled the die set on the tool and a couple pumps of the handle later, the die went right through like it was nothing!

I've only used the tool for one hole, so I can't really comment on the longevity of the tool. If something should happen, I'll update my review. It should also be noted that this set includes a set of o-rings to rebuild the hydraulic part.

Pasco 4562 4-Inch Internal Spud Wrench
Pasco 4562 4-Inch Internal Spud Wrench
Price: $19.17
3 used & new from $10.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Right tool for the job, May 19, 2015
I love this thing. It makes removing closet spuds a fast and easy task.

Dee Zee DZ43301 Tailgate Assist Shock
Dee Zee DZ43301 Tailgate Assist Shock
Price: $28.49
28 used & new from $18.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, May 19, 2015
Installs in 15-20 minutes. Would recommend to anyone that has a pickup. I know not to let my tailgate drop, but when someone decides to "help" me, I cringe as I watch the tailgate slam down. No more of that!

MAGBIT 801.114C MAG801 Tube Cutter Copper/EMT 1/8-Inch - 1-1/4-Inch Cut
MAGBIT 801.114C MAG801 Tube Cutter Copper/EMT 1/8-Inch - 1-1/4-Inch Cut
Price: $12.79
2 used & new from $12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this tubing cutter!, May 19, 2015
Probably the best tubing cutter I've ever used. Handle turns so smooth it's unbelievable. I had no idea such quality tubing cutters existed! No more dealing with the cheap cutters that spiral down your pipe and you have to fight to get a good cut.

A.O. Smith GF2054 1/2 hp, 1725 RPM, 115 volts, 48/56 Frame, ODP, Sleeve Bearing Belt Drive Blower Motor
Price: $89.00
12 used & new from $89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, May 19, 2015
Quality motor that's easy to wire to reverse.

8 Pcs x on-off I/O 2 Position SPST Panel Mount Snap In Boat Rocker Switch 2 Pin
8 Pcs x on-off I/O 2 Position SPST Panel Mount Snap In Boat Rocker Switch 2 Pin
Offered by uxcell
Price: $5.12
3 used & new from $4.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, May 19, 2015
Seem like good quality and a good value for your money. These use a .187 disconnect for the terminals.

Gardner Bender SE-92 Strip-Easy Automatic Wire Stripper 8-22 AWG
Gardner Bender SE-92 Strip-Easy Automatic Wire Stripper 8-22 AWG
Price: $16.96
40 used & new from $12.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Works most of the time., May 19, 2015
These seem like decent quality, but sometimes the stripper doesn't grip the wire and it slips and doesn't strip.

Dual-Modular Network Crimping Tool - RJ45/RJ12/RJ11 - Cutter/Stripper
Dual-Modular Network Crimping Tool - RJ45/RJ12/RJ11 - Cutter/Stripper
Offered by Electriduct Inc
Price: $14.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest, but gets the job done., May 19, 2015
Not the greatest, but for the money, not bad. The stop for the stripper is hard to get consistent. It took several attempts to get a good crimp on a 6 pin connector. The ratchet mechanism sucks. Only three clicks before it releases and you have to count the clicks as you try to close it for storage otherwise it just keeps popping open. You can't just squeeze the handle and toss it in the tool box.

Dorman 973-307 Blower Motor Resistor Harness for Ford Truck
Dorman 973-307 Blower Motor Resistor Harness for Ford Truck
Price: $10.67
22 used & new from $8.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, May 19, 2015
Worked as expected. Good quality.

Amico 10pcs AC 6A/250V 10A/125V 6 Pin DPDT ON/ON 2 Position Snap in Boat Rocker Switch
Offered by uxcell
Price: $5.29
6 used & new from $3.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, May 19, 2015
Haven't used one of these switches much, but they seem like good quality at a good price. They use a .110 disconnect on the terminals.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4