Profile for Brent > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 71

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brent RSS Feed (Rogers, Arkansas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars The show is easily five stars, October 28, 2014
I am rating this one star for the inflated prices and to get people's attention. The show is easily five stars.
Do not...do not...do NOT pay these prices! Be patient and WAIT!! The price will come eventually come down.
They always do. These inflated prices are for people with more money than sense.

Far Away Places
Far Away Places
Price: $1.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasant, relaxing old-fashioned sounding song..., October 9, 2014
This review is from: Far Away Places (MP3 Music)
Very pleasant, relaxing old-fashioned sounding song....probably because it IS an old song. I like it, but my wife loves it; thus the reason I purchased it. The best song I've heard from this album is Willie's duet with Lilly Meola,... "Will You Remember Mine." That song gives me chills, mostly due to Lilly Meola's voice.

You're My Best Friend/Harmony/Country Boy
You're My Best Friend/Harmony/Country Boy
Offered by MEGA Media
Price: $20.50
18 used & new from $11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars You've always got a winner in Don Williams, June 11, 2014
This album is a "must have" as far as I'm concerned if you are a true Don Williams fan. I agree with another reviewer that all of these songs are like a "Greatest Hits" in their own right that never got radio play. Well, some of them did, but there are definitely some that did not that SHOULD have. Even though I already have the radio hits that are found here, I will still purchase this collection for one song that has eluded me all these years...."Help Yourselves to Each Other". I think this is one of Don's finest songs ( both musically and lyrically) that he ever did. Another song found here that I really love is "Reason to Be". I find all of Don's songs so soothing and relaxing,but especially these two just put my mind, heart and soul so at ease. Anytime I'm feeling stressed out I just think about these (and so many other Don Williams songs )and pull them up from the "jukebox in my mind" and immediately feel calm and at peace. Thank you Don Williams for giving us so much great music to listen to.

Bellamy Brothers
Bellamy Brothers
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!!...after all these YEARS of waiting!, May 24, 2014
This review is from: Bellamy Brothers (MP3 Music)
This superb and excellent album by the BBs should have been released on CD decades ago!

I have read many comments on Amazon by many BB fans and know that there have been many, many fans waiting for years for the BB's very first album to be out on CD. Finally we now at least can get them by way of MP3!

Warner Bros/ Curb Records you have lost a lot of money by dragging your feet not getting this jewel of an album out on CD sooner.

Ronnie Milsap (Live)
Ronnie Milsap (Live)
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the YEAR in 1976...and still not on CD!!!, May 24, 2014
This review is from: Ronnie Milsap (Live) (MP3 Music)
After all these years I simply can NOT believe this fantastic album is still not available on CD! Even if this album had not won Country Album of the Year in 1976-77...(which it DID!)... it still would be a fantastic listen and totally worthy of being released on CD. The fact that it has not been transferred and released on CD after all this time is unbelievable. Thank goodness we at least can now get it from MP3.

By the way,the same goes for The Bellamy Brothers very first album from 1976, "Let Your Love Flow".....another EXCELLENT record that should have been on CD YEARS ago!!!!

Salt of the Earth
Salt of the Earth
Price: $9.99
48 used & new from $3.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, HOWEVER...., April 2, 2014
This review is from: Salt of the Earth (Audio CD)
I love Ricky Skaggs and The Whites voices and harmonies. I just wish they would have made this whole album with all gospel standards. My favorites are "Farther Along", "Wings of A Dove" and "Blessed Assurance" ....(this one gives me chills at the end when there is nothing but their acuppella voices.) Also "This Old House" is an old favorite they do well, but Stuart Hamblen will always own this one. If Ricky and The Whites had only done all gospel standards I would have liked it much better. The other tracks are just so-so to me.

P.S. Hey Ricky, you need to see about getting Rounder Records to re-release your "Family and Friends" album you did with The Whites. THAT record is a STELLAR piece of work!

Family & Friends
Family & Friends
9 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Some of Ricky Skaggs BEST!, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Family & Friends (Audio CD)
Fantastic music from Ricky Skaggs! I use to have this on cassette years ago. I would love to have this on CD but there is no way I'm going to pay these prices. I am so thankful for the MP3 downloads as the prices for even used copies of this CD is ridiculously high! You will not disappointed with this if you like bluegrass and gospel. Rounder needs to re-issue this for folks to buy at reasonably prices.

If I Could Only Fly
If I Could Only Fly
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER than Merle Haggard's version, March 31, 2014
This review is from: If I Could Only Fly (MP3 Music)
I love Merle Haggard and at first thought this was Merle.
I was surprised to find out it was Joe Nichols.
Joe does this song even better than Merle Haggard.

Will You Remember Mine
Will You Remember Mine
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lily Meola's voice!, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Will You Remember Mine (MP3 Music)
As soon as I heard this song I had to download, no way could I wait to get the CD. I HAD to have it right away! I love Lily Meola's voice on this but this is just a great song worth the price.

AM Gold: 1972
AM Gold: 1972
18 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Music from my... "Wonder Years", March 13, 2014
This review is from: AM Gold: 1972 (Audio CD)
If you remember the TV show "The Wonder Years" you know what I'm talking about. This music will take you right back to that time. You know, the years when you wondered about everything because the world was new, but mostly you wondered about girls and sex...and sex and girls. This CD brings it all back.

This is not only great music, but great sounding music. You can NOT go wrong buying any music in this series! Recommended!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8