Profile for Lauren Steger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lauren Steger "Lauren Steger" RSS Feed (NYC, NY)

I'll Miss You Too: An Off-to-College Guide for Parents and Students
I'll Miss You Too: An Off-to-College Guide for Parents and Students
by Margo E. Bane Woodacre
Price: $15.99
134 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Every highschool child and mother should read this book, April 3, 2006
Best book I've ever read! Most insightful book - every single parent and child should read this prior to college! I am my parents only daughter, so going away to college was tough on my mom and my dad. I only wish there was a book like this out when I had graduated years back. My own mom cried for a good 4 days when I left and then gave me guilt trips and we fought all the time on the phone for no reason (or that was what i thought of then) - her little baby was growing up and I wish she read that book because all I wanted was for her to treat me like an adult, all I wanted was alot of things, things that I thought couldnt be explained, but after reading this book - it makes sense now, everything makes sense. This book can be applied to any kind of person going to any school, whether it is a large public school, or a small private school, or a state school. The point of the matter is that leaving home and entering a new world of adulthood when there is very little transition is hard. Hard for the parents and hard for the children. My little cousin is going to off to college this fall to a public state school half way across the country. I gave this book to my aunt and cousin to read - quote from my cousin "i cant wait until college and to learn how to deal with my parents FINALLY, I read it in one sitting". I sat around the kitchen table with my family discussing how profound this book actually is,,, and how it can actually change your life. I can't wait for a sequel!