Profile for Aaron Klein > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aaron Klein RSS Feed (Colfax, California)

Apple iPad Air 2 Case - i-Blason Slim Leathe Book Stand Cover Case for Apple iPad Air 2 (iPad 6) 9.7 Inch iOS 8 Tablet, BLACK (with Smart Cover Auto Sleep / wake, Hand Strap, ID Holder, Bonus Stylus Pen) - Black
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $12.99
6 used & new from $12.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, November 16, 2014
This is an amazing case. It's worth $40-50 easily. Not sure why the price is so affordable. I love it.

TOMOCA Ethiopian Dark Roast 18oz Bag (50% Larger)
TOMOCA Ethiopian Dark Roast 18oz Bag (50% Larger)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes yes yes! ToMoCa in the United States!, December 11, 2013
I have traveled to Ethiopia a number of times and I've yet to drink better coffee. The fact that it is now available in the US and on Amazon Prime is AMAZING.

Buy This Book Before You Buy Facebook: A PandoDaily Expert Guide To The Internet's Most Talked About Stock
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful backstory about Facebook's growth and strategy, June 7, 2012
The team of journalists at PandoDaily produced a great short read about Facebook right before it went public, but for anyone interested in learning about the early days of how a company scaled to nearly a billion users, "Buy This Book Before You Buy Facebook" is a fun stroll down memory lane. There's a lot of great perspective about ad-supported business models and where Facebook might go next. Well worth the four bucks!

The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective.
The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective.
by Andy Andrews
Price: $13.91
213 used & new from $1.68

4.0 out of 5 stars The Noticer: a few faults, but a very valuable tool for life, March 17, 2010
I had never read or heard of Andy Andrews until the CEO of his publisher, Michael Hyatt, started raving about this book, so I decided to give it a read as a part of Thomas Nelson's book review program for bloggers (they sent me a free Kindle copy in the hopes that I would blog a review like this one).

The Noticer is described as "part fiction, part inspiration and part allegory" and you leave it with a deep sense of how important perspective can be in life. Too often, we get down into the "trees" of our lives, and can't see the bigger picture.

An allegorical tale written from a Christian perspective, the center of the story is an old man named Jones - "no mister, just Jones" - who carries around a tattered leather suitcase and always seems to show up at the right moment.

Jones is always sharing his gift of perspective with people blinded by their own challenges. Some are on the brink of divorce; another suicide; still another bankruptcy; or young people just giving up on life.

At each stage, the solution is to look at things differently. He gives books on great people in history to those young people; counsels the couple headed to a divorce on the differences in their love languages; and helps the near-bankrupt businessman see that treating his employees well and doing right by his clients will pay far greater dividends than his short-term perspective has.

If you view this book allegorically, it seems to work. But in truth, there was an element of the story that just wasn't deep enough for me. My faith teaches me that God is massively big in comparison to the problems I face in life. That doesn't mean everything will be peachy - but it does mean that I don't have to solve these problems in my own power. (Which is good, because I'm incapable of doing so!)

Ultimately, that's the lack of perspective that I often deal with, and despite its roots, this book didn't really lay that foundation.

That's my only criticism, though. The Noticer is still a valuable tool, and one that reminded me of the need to surround myself with people that I trust, who can "notice" things that I lack the perspective to see. It was also an entertaining page turner, and I look forward to reading future work from Andy Andrews.

Note: I was given a free copy of this book in the hopes that I would review it. I also am a member of Amazon.com's affiliate program. You can review my disclosures page [..] for more information.

The Principle of the Path: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
by Andy Stanley
Price: $15.15
100 used & new from $1.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from Andy Stanley, August 4, 2009
Andy Stanley is a favorite author of mine. He's the pastor of a church down in Atlanta, but he writes from a very personal level that is very real, drawn from personal expertise, and much more helpful than your typical self-help book.

(Sidebar: One of my favorite books that Andy has written a book for busy business leaders struggling with work-life balance, and it's provocatively called "Choosing to Cheat." Perhaps I'll blog about that book at some point, but it's a great read, too.)

In "Principle of the Path," Andy makes the case that our intentions have no measurable affect on the outcome of our lives, but rather the choices we make and the paths we put ourselves on do instead.

And how true is that? We've seen so many people who were smart, had admirable goals in life, and ended up a long ways away from where they intended to be. Not to single people out, but Governors Rod Blagojevich (corruption) and Mark Sanford (cheating on his wife) come to mind.

I doubt either of those governors intended to be where they are today, but a long time ago, they made tiny decisions that set them on a path to their current outcome.

And that's Andy's point: intentions matter little. The path you're on determines where you end up. So make wise decisions about the paths you take, and you have a much greater chance of ending up where you want to go.

[...]

This Moment
This Moment
50 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars SCC's new release rocks!, October 23, 2007
This review is from: This Moment (Audio CD)
I've been a Steven Curtis Chapman fan since 1988, and for those of you who have been through that many years of his music...from First Hand and More to the Life...to Great Adventure...to Declaration, you will NOT be disappointed by This Moment.

My favorites so far...You Are Being Loved...Something Crazy...Children of God...Yours...Cinderella...With One Voice. I'm the kind of person who buys songs one-by-one on iTunes, but every song on this disc is incredible and not to be missed.

I pre-ordered This Moment weeks ago, with a special deal allowing me to listen to it over the net until it came, but I'm sure that deal is over. So here's what you do. Buy it on Amazon...then go to iTunes and listen to the 30-second previews over and over until it arrives tomorrow. :)

(To top it off, my wife and I are headed to the This Moment concert in Roseville next week and will be sitting on the front row and meeting my favorite artist after the show! Not only that, but we're just weeks away from heading to South Korea to bring our son home, partly made possibly by a grant from Chapman's Shaohannah's Hope foundation!)

Speechless
Speechless
Offered by IMS Distribution
Price: $10.35
215 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best SCC Release Yet!, August 24, 1999
This review is from: Speechless (Audio CD)
Speechless is 1999's Best Record, and I think we'll see Steven take home the Best Male Vocalist and Artist of the Year dove awards this year. The startup song, Dive, is awesome and then transitions right into the title song, Speechless, which is masterfully done. You can really tell that he's recording this with the band, as it's so seamless. Get this CD, you'll be....well, you'll be Speechless!