Profile for Andres > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andres RSS Feed (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

The Rosie Project: A Novel (Don Tillman Book 1)
The Rosie Project: A Novel (Don Tillman Book 1)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent - funny and interesting, January 20, 2014
Like Sheldon (from big bang theory) in love, but less of a caricature character. Enjoyed the book and recommend it as a light read to anyone.

El ruido de las cosas al caer (Premio Alfaguara 2011) (Spanish Edition)
El ruido de las cosas al caer (Premio Alfaguara 2011) (Spanish Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Buen libro, January 2, 2014
Me gusto el libro - buena prosa y personajes creibles ... El final deja un poco que desear, pero vale la pena leerlo.

Agricola
Agricola
Price: $47.93
33 used & new from $45.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic board game, December 2, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Agricola (Toy)
This is a great board game ... a lot of fun and very flexible: I have played it in a group of 4 and also just with someone else and the game adapts well to that. I think you can even play it by yourself (haven't tried that). It takes a little while to understand it by reading the instructions, so be prepared to spend about an hour getting the feel of it.

My only complain is that the pieces could have been better labeled - for example carrots should have a little picture of a carrot on the orange pieces. If you do a search online you will find that many owners have made their own sticker sheet and glued them onto the pieces because it can get a little confusing. I have not done that and it is fine.

Overall a great game - I recommend it for people that enjoy quirky strategy games.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2010 8:03 AM PDT

X3 Terran Conflict : Aldrin Missions - Windows DVD
X3 Terran Conflict : Aldrin Missions - Windows DVD
Offered by games_for_sale
Price: $2.99
48 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult to learn - not worth the time and money, December 2, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I spent a few hours trying to learn how to play this game but finally gave up. The tutorial is terrible, it does not guide you at all on how to play this game. Too bad because the idea behind the game is interesting. I didn't gave up lightly, I looked online for guides/tips and was even more or less successful on the "training mission" after a while ... but this involved flying for 10 minutes with NOTHING happening just to get to the next navigation point. Needless to say, that was very boring. The game does look very nice, videos are well done and the images are well done... but it was not a fun game for me. Already uninstalled it and will be selling it/trading it for something better soon.

SANOXY® Apple Ipod, Iphone Travel Home Wall Charger
SANOXY® Apple Ipod, Iphone Travel Home Wall Charger
Offered by MMS Wireless
Price: $7.78
6 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars It works well and the price is right, November 20, 2009
I read other reviews that this would not work with the new Ipod Touch - but it works just fine with my new ipod touch 3rd generation (not sure if we got sent different products). When I plug it in, I hear the appropriate ring on my ipod and it shows the charging icon on the screen. I am able to use my ipod while it is charging although its a bit awkward to put the headphones at the same time because of the wide plug in base (I usually take the headphones off before charging it for this reason). I have been using this charger for more than a month now (almost daily) and it works just fine with my new 3rd generation ipod touch. The connection is not as sturdy as the apple cable that connects to my computer, but it works just fine. My only annoyance is a bright light that the plug in has.... I use it in my night stand and the light bothered me.

Cables Unlimited AUD-1100-06 6 feet 3.5 MM Male to Male Stereo Cable
Cables Unlimited AUD-1100-06 6 feet 3.5 MM Male to Male Stereo Cable
Offered by Wholesaleprices
Price: $1.68
66 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality is ok but it does not fit very tightly to my laptop, November 14, 2009
I bought this cable to connect my laptop's audio to my TV. The sound is ok, but the plug in does not fit tightly to the laptop audio out - My other cable had a much better fit but unfortunately it was too short for my setup. For the price it is ok, but if you want a tight connection, look for a better cable.

Philips Norelco HS8420 Nivea for Men Razor
Philips Norelco HS8420 Nivea for Men Razor
Offered by Comfort Shopping
Price: $259.79
3 used & new from $259.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Its good but my old Philips razor was better, November 13, 2009
The HS8420 works as advertised. I bought this item because I really wanted the Nivea dispenser, but in my opinion my 7 year old Philips razor did a marginally better shaving job. Specifically I have to press harder and go slower with the HS8420 to get the same results so it takes me a couple of minutes more to shave. Not a big deal since the end result is good.