Profile for Cheryl L. Murphy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cheryl L. Murphy "Sherri Murphy" RSS Feed (Corona, CA USA)

Benny & Joon: Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Benny & Joon: Music From The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Price: $15.24
161 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good soundtrack but missing Joe Cockers "Can't Find My Way Home", January 2, 2006
I loved the mischevious background music when I saw "Benny and Joon". When recording the soundtrack they put the Proclaimers "500 Miles" and left out Joe Cockers fabulous recording of "Can't Find My Way Home". Too bad as this is a wonderful rendition with a full orchestra. Beautiful. Anybody out there know where I can find this exact recording of this song??
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2007 10:15 PM PDT

The Phantom of the Opera (Two-Disc Special Edition)
The Phantom of the Opera (Two-Disc Special Edition)
DVD ~ Gerard Butler
Offered by zTops4U
Price: $15.40
152 used & new from $0.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, Beautiful Rendition Of A Classical Masterpiece, February 17, 2005
I have seen many renditions of Phantom Of the Opera throughout the years and without a doubt this one is the most beautifully Haunting. The music was amazing. Andrew Lloyd Webber did a great job putting the movie to music. Gerard Butler is dashing as the Phantom, Emmy Rossum was stunning as Christine, what a voice!, Patrick Wilson was great as Christines childhood sweetheart and gallant rescuer Raoul. Minnie Driver added a bit of comic relief as the ever arrogant and conceited "Diva" Carlotta. This movie had a little bit of something for everyone. Great Music, Haunting Set designs, Beautiful costumes, Dashing sword fighting, and that Chandelier!...I could go on an on.... I have three teenage (macho) sons and they loved the film! They talked their friends into seeing it and now I have a bunch of High School "Phantom Junkies" on my hands. The last time we went to see it I had 9 High School boys with me anxious to see it. Seriously it is really great to see teenagers appreciating the cultural experience of this movie. I highly recommend seeing it. It's just a shame that it wasn't nominated for more academy awards! I hope you love the film as much as we did.... : )
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2012 6:27 PM PST

Dragonheart - A New Beginning
Dragonheart - A New Beginning
DVD ~ Chris Masterson
Price: $12.73
84 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Like DragonHeart, August 16, 2000
I was so looking forward to this movie. What a disappointment. It was NOTHING like the first movie. I guess a good (great)act is hard to follow. If your looking for a good fantasy movie I recommend the origional Dragonheart or Excalubur. If your thinking about purchasing this movie PLEASE rent it first to see if you like it.

1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
by Thomas W. Phelan
423 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PARENTING BOOK!, April 29, 2000
I was browsing the book section of my local book store when I happened upon a copy of 123 Magic by Thomas Phelan P.H.D.. As the parent of 2 hyperactive boys, this book was the ONLY book that I have found that is logical and practical in it's parenting applications. This is the best book I've found for effective parenting for those of us blessed with "special" children. I bought two copies (one for myself and one to loan out) The copy I loan out has been across the United States two times in the period of a year. The books was such a success that the school principal ordered a few copies for our school library. I highly recommend this book to all parents (but especially to those that are at the end of thier rope). I call it my parenting Bible! It's also quite funny and very easy to read.