Profile for TanH > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TanH RSS Feed (Diamond Bar, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Himalaya Herbal - DermaCare/Vegecort 450 mg - 120 Vcaps
Himalaya Herbal - DermaCare/Vegecort 450 mg - 120 Vcaps
Offered by American Sports Nutrition
Price: $12.92
4 used & new from $12.92

2.0 out of 5 stars A Learning Experience, January 13, 2013
I took the recommended dose of DermaCare (2 capsules twice a day) for 6 days. During those 6 days I didn't see an improvement in my preexsting breakouts and instead got a few breakouts on my chest that I don't normally get. 6 days isn't enough time to draw any final conclusions so I can't say this product doesn't work. I wanted to give DermaCare a try for a month but I was only able to take for 6 days because my body developed an allergic reaction to it. There are several herbs in this product and my body slowly built up an immune response against one or more of them. On the 6th day after taking my morning dose of DermaCare I noticed a rash on my back that I disregarded as a normal rash. After I took my evening dose was when I experienced my first ever food allergy reaction as my whole body and face broke out in itchy red hives. As a pharmacist I occasionally get patients who come for advice about this so luckily I knew what to do and got one of my family members to grab a antihistamine from the local drugstore.

For those new potential buyers out there, please be careful if you decide to give this product a try. There are many ingredients in this supplement that you probably never had in your entire life that you may be allergic to.

Listerine UltraClean Mouthwash, Arctic Mint,1.5 Liters
Listerine UltraClean Mouthwash, Arctic Mint,1.5 Liters
Offered by Ocean Marketing
Price: $13.34
14 used & new from $6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresher Breath, November 21, 2012
Saw this same sized 1.5 liter bottle at my local grocery store for half the price so I bought it there instead. Basically the same thing as the regular Listerine Antiseptic except there is Zinc added in the inactive ingredients. Zinc is a well known ingredient used for fighting bad breath and is also found in high-end mouthwashes such as BreathRx. I used to use BreathRx and am very excited that Listerine Ultra Clean has zinc in it too. This is definitely my favorite mouthwash now because it is antiseptic with long-lasting bad breath control.

Eye-Press Self Heating Eye Compresses
Eye-Press Self Heating Eye Compresses

2.0 out of 5 stars Microwave friendly?, November 17, 2012
Before buying these eye-presses, I was using an eye mask that needed to be heated up in the microwave before use. It was great and all but it is now 4 months later so I wanted to replace it with something new. I saw these eye-presses on amazon and was very interested in trying them. What I first noticed when I took the product out of the box was the smell. There is a really strong fragrance because there is baby shampoo on each eye press. The instructions want you to reapply baby shampoo if you have any at home every time you reuse it. Too bad I never got to reuse mine though. I put the eye presses in a bowl of water and microwaved for 4 minutes per the instructions and walked away. 4 minutes later and my bowl of water was blue since the eye presses "exploded" when I was microwaving them. It sprayed water everywhere inside my microwave and now I have water inside of the digital display. Perhaps my microwave is stronger than a normal microwave? In any case I still have 8 eye presses left after my first 2 "exploded". I might try using them again and reheating on low power next time. But for now I will give my eye mask a good cleaning and stick with that for fear of messing up my microwave any further.

Dr. Martens Men's Henley Oxford
Dr. Martens Men's Henley Oxford

3.0 out of 5 stars Stiff like cardboard, November 15, 2012
The pictures here on amazon don't do this shoe any justice. I ordered from the official website and the shoes look much better when you're actually looking at them in person. The Henley has a very polished "shiny" look great for when you need to dress professionaly. Despite the nice appearance, the shoe itself is very stiff. This is no surprise since Dr. Martens makes work shoes that are made to be durable. What disappoints me the most is the insole that comes standard with the shoe. It is just a thin piece of leather-like material. It literally feels like I'm standing on a piece of cardboard which is very uncomfortable since I'm on my feet most of the day. I tried taking out the insole and putting in a more comfortable gel insert, but then the shoes no longer fit on my feet. The thicker gel insert combined with the stiff outerpart of the shoes basically made it impossible for me to get my feet inside. I ended up having to put back the original thin insole in order to wear the shoes again. These shoes do like nice, but I'm still searching for the perfect shoe that is both nice and comfortable.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars LX Series, May 3, 2012
The LX series from Under Armour is officially my favorite now! This shirt is much better than the Charged Cotton shirt I bought before. Instead of being made of cotton or polyester, this LX undershirt is made of nylon which gives it a very soft and silky texture. This shirt is best worn under other clothing because it wrinkles easily and is very thin, making your skin underneath visible. I wear this shirt under my dress shirts and it does a fantastic job of keeping my dry and comfortable.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Playstation 3
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Playstation 3
Offered by game-ware
Price: $17.14
131 used & new from $4.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, April 7, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Let me start by saying I am very angry that I pre-ordered this game at full price. If you are a resident evil fan itching to play every resident evil game, you should either rent or buy when the price is reduced. I consider myself a ps3 trophy hunter, spending countless hours unlocking every trophy for games I own. Resident Evil ORC was so bad that I didn't even bother with getting the platinum trophy.

Resident Evil ORC revolves around a group of "elite" specialists with a mission to kill everything in Raccoon City and destroy data. When playing in single player, your so-called "elite" team members run into every laser-tripped mine they find and seemingly enjoy lighting themselves on fire. When you find yourself in a long-range firefight, your "elite" team decides to screw you over by running forward a little and then running back right in front of you to block your view. This is a problem because there is friendly fire in this game and I often end up killing my own teammates who constantly run in front of me. I suppose you can try playing online, but I've joined countless games where the players are much worse than the game AI. Online players have a bad habit of throwing grenades when you are fighting that accidentally kill you and showing off by fighting a crowd of zombies alone only to get killed. Matchmaking is also messed up, everytime I select to join a Professional difficulty game, I get placed into a Casual difficulty game.

This game is played in the Resident Evil 4 and 5 over-the-shoulder view, which honestly doesn't work for this game because you can't dodge or jump. There are many small bumps in the ground that you have to walk around because you can't jump or walk over them. When you encounter your first Hunter enemy, you will be frustrated since they jump right at you and you can't dodge them easily. Speaking of enemies, the damage system is really messed up and is one of the main reasons I give this game 2 stars. With the most powerful sniper rifle, it takes THREE headshots to kill a human enemy in professional difficulty. I expect humans to die after one headshot regardless of the difficulty. The key to success in this game is using a weapon with lots of ammo since enemies don't die easily in the harder difficulties, I ran out of ammo killing two normal zombies using the most powerful submachine gun.

When you finish the campaign, which took me less than 6 hours, you can try playing online versus games. I tried playing a few games and quit because they are not enjoyable at all. I remember playing Heroes mode where I was HUNK and I ran into someone playing as Leon. We stood there shooting at each other for over a minute until a random zombie walked by and killed me. Like I said before, the damage system is messed up. There are so many other problems such as lag that I won't bother mentioning because I can literally write an entire essay about them.

As for the graphics, they suck. Resident Evil 5 had amazing graphics and this game is nothing close to it. When I first saw Leon I asked myself what was on his head. It turned out to be his hair. Slant Six obviously gave most characters masks or hoods because they have no idea how to create hair. This game is also very dark with no in-game brightness control, I had to turn my TV brightness way past my displaymate-calibrated setting in order to actually see who was shooting at me. Definitely don't buy this game at full price, you will be disappointed. This is my first Slant Six game and sadly my last. This is also my first time encountering a game developer who is content with releasing an unpolished game using actual customers as quality testers for future patches.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Playstation 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Playstation 3
Offered by WHOLESALE OUTLET
Price: $17.47
137 used & new from $6.49

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not over yet..., February 20, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First of all let me say that you are in for disappointment if you think this is the last FF13 game. The ending clearly states "to be continued" so you can expect there will be a Ff13-3.

In any case, FF13-2 is truly a fun game with a unique battle system where you can use monsters to fight for you like pokemon. If you didn't preorder the game, you won't be able to use Omega Weapon in battle until they release a DLC for it. Don't worry though, I got Omega and he sucks so you aren't missing anything.

In addition to the main story, there are many side quests and random things to do such as gambling at a casino and chocobo racing. Even with all these extra things to do, the duration of the game is relatively short. I finished the game in 30 hours even after spending a lot of time doing quests and leveling up. For unlocking the platinum trophy for ps3, it took me an extra 40 hours.

As for the story itself, be prepared to be confused. You've probably seen the trailers already and know that there is a random new guy in your party, his name is Noel. Basically Serah and Noel are traveling through time to find Lightning. Why are they looking for Lightning? Well because she magically disappeared after the end of FF13. She somehow ended up in the future where she has to constantly fight this native-american looking guy with unlimited auto-life who has the ability to transform into Bahamut whenever he feels like it. In the very beginning of the game you get to fight as Lightning against this native-american dude. Since he has unlimited auto-life, he is the first, middle, and last boss of the game, effectively making him the most unimaginative boss in final fantasy history. You might also be wondering what happened to the clothes Lightning was wearing in FF13...well the answer is they disappeared. Later in the game you have the privilege of seeing Lightning's naked backside as her FF13 clothes magically disappear and she transforms sailormoon style into the battle armor she is wearing now. The same thing happens to Serah so now she has new clothes too. If you don't like her clothes, you can buy a swimsuit outfit for Serah when the DLC is released on 2/28 for $2.99.

Anyways, as the story progresses you will briefly come into contact with FF13 characters such as Snow and Hope. None of them join your party except for Snow, but even Snow stays for only a little while. My personal opinion is that Square Enix took the storyline from another game they were planning to make (possibly the Chrono Break game that they abandoned). The storyline just seems so out of place and randomly put together for a FF13 sequel, especially the ending. The secret ending you get after collecting all 160 fragments is even worse. The gameplay is definitely a 5/5, but the story is at most a 3/5.

In conclusion, this is a must have for Final Fantasy fans. The gameplay is really fun and some music from FF13 is present as well. Just don't be offended by the story or ending, Square Enix will be adding more purchasable DLC content and creating a FF13-3 to tie up loose ends. What a great way to steal more of our money!

Update: I bought the new DLC quest involving Sazh for $4.99. I am completely disappointed and wish I never bought it. Basically Sazh and his son were flying an airship when they got sucked into a space time anomaly. Sazh ends up trapped in Serendipity (the casino) where he has to play card games (poker and chronobind) until he wins enough (30 medals) to save his son. Afterwards you can use Sazh in your party. If this sounds like something you might be interested in go ahead and buy it, otherwise save that $4.99 to buy that hot swimsuit for Serah or the colliseum battle with Lightning. I rather prefer Lightning (Ravager) over Sazh (Synergist) in my party anyways because I rarely use Synergists and it is nice to see the 2 sisters fighting together in my party.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2013 6:20 PM PDT

Static Eliminator (2 per box)
Static Eliminator (2 per box)
Offered by The VitaSpot
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not perfect, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Static Eliminator (2 per box)
Ever since I started buying Under Armour clothes that specifically state not to use fabric softeners, I have been searching for a fabric softener replacement. I have tried dryer balls, they make clothes softer but they do not eliminate static. Since I dry many types of clothes together (wool, cotton, polyester) I get a lot of static. I finally found these dryer sheets and decided to give them a try. They are made of polyester and supposedly help get rid of static. I was very excited once I got these and immediately did the laundry to test them out. After throwing both of the sheets into the dryer and drying my clothes, I was quite amazed at the results. There was still a little bit of static, mostly with my wool socks sticking to my cotton clothes, but aside from that there was a noticeable reduction in static.

I am now writing this review after one month of using these sheets and can honestly say these are the fabric softener replacements I have been looking for. You should definitely give them a try if you are looking for a natural way to get rid of static. The only drawback is that to get the best results, you need to dry clothes of different material together at once. Since I always wash my wool, cotton, and polyester together this has not been a problem for me. Also, there is always a tiny bit of static in my clothes after drying with these but a quick shake of the clothes and the static is gone. The name of this product should really be Static Reducer instead of Static Eliminator.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2014 3:21 PM PST

JASON Natural Cosmetics Dandruff Relief Shampoo, Rosemary, Olive and Jojoba, 12 Ounces
Offered by OxKom
Price: $12.33
34 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bye Itchy Scalp!, January 2, 2012
This was the first dandruff shampoo I ever tried. One bottle lasted me over a year because I only shampoo with this once or twice every week. When I finally used it all up I decided to try Head and Shoulders because I didn't want my hair smelling like sulfur anymore. After 2 weeks of using Head and Shoulders my scalp started itching like crazy. I was afraid I had lice but that wasn't the case. My head started itching again because Head and Shoulders did nothing to control my dandruff. After that I bought Selsun Blue but that didn't help. I then bought Coal Tar shampoo but that didn't help either. I finally bought this nasty smelling Jason shampoo again and after a week the itching had finally went away. After trying literally almost every dandruff shampoo on the market, this Jason dandruff shampoo is the only one that works for me.

The active ingredients in this shampoo include sulfur and salicylic acid, both of which are known for controlling dandruff. The downside to putting sulfur in your hair is that it smells really bad. I suggest using a conditioner with fragrance after applying the shampoo to minimize the smell. Also if you have never used this shampoo before, I suggest using it every other day for the first 2 weeks. After that you can start using it once every week like me and it does a perfect job of preventing the dandruff itch from coming back. It is important to remember to leave the shampoo in your hair for about 2 minutes before rinsing it out to let it do its job.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 24, 2011
I bought the gift set for myself last christmas which included this cologne and a shower gel. This dark and sexy smell which contains a hint of tobacco instantly became my favorite over the Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male and Creed Millesime Imperial I had at the time. The funny thing is this christmas my friend gave me a cologne called Jaguar Prestige which smells very similar to D&G The One! Prestige doesn't last as long as this cologne and doesn't have the hint of tobacco (so the fragrance is "lighter") but it is much cheaper. I highly recommend The One because it easily became my favorite cologne, but if the price tag is too high and you have doubts you might consider Jaguar Prestige first to see if you like the fragrance because it is similar.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2012 11:51 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4