Profile for E. Babenko > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Babenko "bo, dpt" RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Silicone Skin Case for PalmOne Treo 650 (Clear Color) /w Free Screen Protector
Silicone Skin Case for PalmOne Treo 650 (Clear Color) /w Free Screen Protector

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge, December 25, 2007
This condom for the treo has proven very durable although it could not protect from the moisture damage that happened to the sync part of the phone. It protects well but makes the phone look a lot bigger than it is.

Dawson and Brooks Men's Yarn Dyed Jersey Striped Polo
Dawson and Brooks Men's Yarn Dyed Jersey Striped Polo

2.0 out of 5 stars Ink Spot on Collar, December 25, 2007
Product came a little worn down with ink on the collar which is very unattractive as one would imagine. It seems like a refurbished polo. I regret my purchase but don't feel like going through the return process.

Physical Therapy The Truth: For Students, Clinicians, and Healthcare Professionals
by PT Monie Phillips
Price: $25.20
32 used & new from $15.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Upsetting, January 27, 2007
Firstly, for $28 the 100 page book is short on content. Mr. Phillips did come off as very informal including lines such as "blowing sunshine up his skirt". I am a second year student in a three year doctorate of PT program and did not find it very helpful for the present or future. It is always good to hear others experiences, but one can get this same content from speaking with any professor or seasoned PT.

The single worst part of the book for me was the lack of proof reading. Perhaps everyone did not have this in their copy, but reading the book I noticed no misspellings but many misplaced words. Examples include "He graduated FORM the U. of Mississippi Medical Center... WERE he met his [wife]," obviously one should graduate FROM an institution and that is WHERE he meets his wife...

This was not just an isolated incident on one page or two, this was consistent throughout the book. Another example was: "If a therapist knows that HER or she has..." everytime it should have been "he or she" it said "her or she". Assuming I did not get the one bad book that was like this, I think this is a big blow to the profession that we are trying to establish. This book is one of the few PT related non-text books available out there thus making it more likely a lay person would pick it up. In a time when the public image of our profession is very important, the lack of attention to detail presents as very unprofessional. If Mr. Phillips had handed this book in as a paper to my current professors or even my middle school teachers he would already lose a letter grade or two simply because of his lack of attention. I of course can assume Mr. Phillips is not to blame as more often that not there is an editor, but as he says "the rehabilitation therapists... are usually perfectionists... have a great deal of pride in their work. The thought of failure is not an option." While he has not failed, it certainly is far from perfect.

Raw Revolution Organic Live Food Bars, Coconut Delight, 1.8-Ounce Bars (Pack of 12)
Price: $18.14
15 used & new from $17.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Coconut - Too darn fatty and greasy, September 3, 2006
I have found the coconut to be too greasy. Coconut naturally has a high fat content but this bar is too greasy. I'm going to try to keep 'em in the fridge but I doubt it will be that great. I'm going to try to give them away to my friends, so in the end I recommend not buying this flavor.