Profile for Adam Lopez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam Lopez RSS Feed

The Queen Movie Poster (27 x 40 Inches - 69cm x 102cm) (1968) -(Terry Southern)(Frank Doroshow)(Richard Finochio)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Print, December 23, 2013
The poster looks like it was a sourced image that was then blown up. I am very disappointed. Not worth framing.

Easter Parade (BD) [Blu-ray]
Easter Parade (BD) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Judy Garland
Price: $13.89
26 used & new from $8.98

2.0 out of 5 stars New BluRay Missing The Punch, February 19, 2013
Just watched the new BlueRay version and I must say that I am disappointed. It's practically identical to the previous release. The image is a bit more colorful but not as crisp as say.. A Star Is Born or Meet Me In St Luis. Also the PBS documentary: Judy Garland By Myself is NOT an actual bonus on the BluRay disk. It seems to be completely missing even though it is listed as a bonus on the back of the BluRay cover. Tisk Tisk.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2013 4:01 PM PST

ViewSonic PJD5123 SVGA DLP Projector  120Hz/3D Ready, 2700 Lumens, 3000:1 DCR
ViewSonic PJD5123 SVGA DLP Projector 120Hz/3D Ready, 2700 Lumens, 3000:1 DCR
Offered by Just Guy Stuff
Price: $499.99
7 used & new from $359.00

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING projector, August 24, 2011
After shopping around and purchasing a few "cheap" projectors I realized that I needed to bight the bullet and buy something a bit more expensive. I did a ton of research and for my price point of around $300 I found this projector. I was a bit skeptical as I have had no luck with projectors recently and was nervous about throwing down so much money. Rest assured, this projector is worth it! I wanted a nice affordable movie projector for backyard movie nights with friends. Trying to find one that provided a great picture along with being affordable is no easy task. But this model is fantastic. I can't get over how crisp the picture is. And we use nothing but a white sheet pinned between two hammok posts. Even in a room with mid day sun the picture is still bright and clear. The fan is not too loud and the controls are very easy to work. My only concern is that finding the right connection for my macbook 5,1 unibody has been a hassle. We connected it to a cheap dvd player and it worked great. Also there are RCA connections and we hooked it up to a vintage receiver and speakers for an amazing sound experience. If you can afford the price, this is a great buy. I highly recommend this projector!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2013 7:44 PM PDT

The Gay Year
The Gay Year
by Michael Jean De Forrest
3 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful look into our gay past, July 21, 2010
This review is from: The Gay Year (Hardcover)
I found this novel many years ago at the SF Public Library's GLBT section. It was under lock and key and I had to sit there and read it during a few visits. Like the previous review states, it is of it's time and not what one would like to read in a modern day novel. As was popular of the time, anything having to do with homo love or life had to come with a downside. Although most fiction of that era painted a very dark view on gay life, this novel shed's a tiny bit of light on a rather gloomy existence of the main characters. It is colorful and fun, and really places you in Gay 1940s NYC. When I found a copy on Ebay I instantly bid on it, not knowing when I would come across another copy! Also recommended are Gore Vidal's "The City and the Pillar" and Jean Cocteau's "The White Paper".

Manners [Vinyl]
Manners [Vinyl]
3 used & new from $300.00

5.0 out of 5 stars must have, January 4, 2010
This review is from: Manners [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
Heard this album at a BBQ this past summer.. was amazed and have not stopped listening to it since. Better than their first album and even better on VINYL. Turn it up and get ready to dance till your pants fall off!

Aha Shake Heartbreak
Aha Shake Heartbreak
3 used & new from $43.99

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, January 4, 2010
This review is from: Aha Shake Heartbreak (Vinyl)
Ok, so its true that the Kings of Leon are a bit overplayed. Sure you can't turn on the radio in L.A. without hearing Sex Is On Fire... but A-ha Shake is an amazing piece of rock. Especially hard to find on vinyl.. sounds even better on a nice record player with a glass of whiskey! Super recomended... if you can find it!

Jensen 3-Speed Stereo Turntable with AM/FM Stereo Radio (Silver)
Jensen 3-Speed Stereo Turntable with AM/FM Stereo Radio (Silver)
Price: $39.99
233 used & new from $35.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Great player for cheap!, January 4, 2010
I bought this player about a year and a half ago. I was tired of having to replace vintage players over and over again. Looking around the web I kept running into two brands Jensen and Crosley.. and like any smart shopper, I read all the reviews. I settled on the Jensen model for the price and the good looks. It does not have that true vintage look, but it does fit in nicely with my Mid Century decor thanks to its wood side panels and giant nobs. For an inexpensive model the sound is awesome.. hooked up with a nice speaker/bass system thru the headphone jack. From Gene Krupa to Kings of Leon, the sound is crisp, loud and clear. As far as the replacement needles/cartriges.. I found them directly from the manufacturer for just a few bucks at [...]
Hope this helps some of you in your decision making!

The Judy Garland Show Vol. 2
The Judy Garland Show Vol. 2
DVD ~ Judy Garland
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $7.99
15 used & new from $1.21

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh Judy, September 25, 2009
This review is from: The Judy Garland Show Vol. 2 (DVD)
I just got Volume 2 in the mail and must say that I am disappointed by the product. I bought volume one when it came out a few months back, the packaging for both volumes are totally different! Volume 1 is in a thin case.. while Volume 2 is in a standard plastic case. The quality of the sound is AMAZING but the new transfer is a bit shoddy and there a times when the image looks "digital".. gone is the dreamy soft quality of the previous releases. Also, I am a bit confused by the release order on these discs. The Pioneer releases are in chronological order.. these new volumes are not. And there is hardly any written info included with these disks.. the copy on the back of the DVD case is mere filler regarding Judy's life.. nothing regarding the show. All in all these shows are nice to listen to.. sometimes good to look at.. but they cut the wonder that is Judy short!