Profile for artist in buffalo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

artist in buffalo "detroit" RSS Feed (Buffalo)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TASCAM DR-07MKII Portable Digital Recorder
TASCAM DR-07MKII Portable Digital Recorder
Offered by West Audio
Price: $139.99
14 used & new from $84.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Good recorder...feel confident in buying it., January 20, 2015
It works like a charm. I use it as a backup recorder in depositions. It has a "hold" button on the side which when clicked in the on position (which is very easy to do accidentally), the unit will not turn on, will not do anything. I mistakenly thought my recorder had crapped the bed. Other than that curious feature (which I totally don't need), it's a good recorder. I did have to download Audacity so I could boost the volume level of the recordings though.

Saicoo® USB 3.0 4in1 Digital Memory Card Reader/writer - with a 13cm flexible USB cord and dual SD / Micro SD slots for SDXC, UHS-I SD, SDHC, SD, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, Micro SD, MMC
Offered by SaicooDirect
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works... I didn't have any problems ..., January 20, 2015
It works...I didn't have any problems with it...buy it.

TASCAM PS-P515U AC Adapter for Select Portable Digital Recorders
TASCAM PS-P515U AC Adapter for Select Portable Digital Recorders
Price: $19.95
7 used & new from $18.55

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this if you want to plug in, January 20, 2015
You need this if you want to plug your DR-07MKII in and not rely on batteries. Hint: get the 10 ft long cord also...you'll be glad you did.

Tascam DR-07MKII Compatible USB Cable Mini-Mini USB Cable 10 ft Long Plus + eCool4U Cable Tie

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop what you're doing and buy this cable!, January 20, 2015
This cable is a must. Buy it! The cable that comes with the DR-07MKII is incredibly, unusably short. This cable is much sturdier, much longer and therefore, more versatile than the cord that comes with the unit. And the cord that comes with it comes unplugged from the unit very easily. This cord will stay plugged in. It doesn't cost that much...so buy it!!

SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash 4 GB Memory Card 30MB/s SDCFH-004G-U46
SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash 4 GB Memory Card 30MB/s SDCFH-004G-U46
Offered by Memory4You
Price: $33.95
10 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in the Marantz PMD-660, December 15, 2014
So far it's working great. I'm using it in the old Marantz PMD-660.

Composition in Black and White: The Life of Philippa Schuyler
Composition in Black and White: The Life of Philippa Schuyler
by Kathryn M. Talalay
Price: $22.44
58 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy and read this book...you won't be sorry!, December 1, 2014
This was one of the most interesting and thoroughly researched books I have ever read. I hope someone can make a movie out of this story one day, maybe for HBO (Alicia Keys once had the rights to the book and I could picture her playing Schuyler, or a younger Jurnee Smollett).

A Smarter Way to Learn JavaScript: The new approach that uses technology to cut your effort in half
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I now finally understand JavaScript!, December 1, 2014
I love this book! I can now finally understand JavaScript, and thus, programming. And the author will immediately answer any questions or concerns if you email him.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 11:48 AM PST

Benson: The Autobiography
Benson: The Autobiography
Price: $14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars This was an awesome book! Great stories about the music business and ..., September 12, 2014
This was an awesome book! Great stories about the music business and about his career. There are only two things wrong with this book: one, we're told almost nothing about his current family life (we hear an anecdote about a domestic problem with his wife at the start of his career, but it's not clear if he left her, if his current wife is this same woman or what; and two, he doesn't tell you how he gained his formidable technique. He did, however, drop a million dollar idea while he was talking (as he did in his instructional videotape). He's one of those people, like Oprah, that I'd like to hang out with for a weekend and just listen to him talk because he will eventually, like Oprah and others, casually hand you a million dollar idea (drop a jewel).

Ugee Charging Stylus Digital Graphic Drawing Tablet Pen - P50S - Black
Ugee Charging Stylus Digital Graphic Drawing Tablet Pen - P50S - Black
Offered by UGEE
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work well with Yiynova MSP 19u, August 7, 2014
It didn't work well at all with my Yiynova MSP19u. I understand that it wasn't really made for that tablet, but I'd heard that other people using the Yiynova MVP 22 were able to use it, so I thought I'd give it a try. It's pretty much useless.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2014 10:59 PM PDT

Yiynova MSP19U+ Tablet Monitor,VESA Stand(Mac & Windows Solution)
Yiynova MSP19U+ Tablet Monitor,VESA Stand(Mac & Windows Solution)
Offered by The Panda City
Price: $549.00
2 used & new from $540.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I have to be honest here...SEE UPDATE, September 9, 2013
NEW UPDATE, 11-23-13 ***********
I bought a refurbished Windows 7 desktop computer (with screw holes for the VGA) and the Yiynova works perfect, no flaws, 100,000 stars!! Buy it, use it, live long and prosper!

UPDATE*** I've had to update this review since I got some additional info. My bad resolution problem was NOT caused by the Yiynova 19U, but rather from the StarTech VGA to USB converter. I plugged the Yiynova into an old Dell laptop running Windows XP that had a dedicated VGA port and the resolution was fine. I could see all lines big, small and faint. So the problem lies with the converter. Krishna Sadasivam of PC Weenies comic sent me an article that talked about how unreliable VGA to USB adapters are. He brought up the suggestion of using DVI. So I found a port replicator for Dell Inspiron with DVI on it and I'll buy that (eventually..$159) and get a DVI to VGA adapter ($3-$7) and see if that works. I will update again after that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS IS AN OLD REVIEW, BUT WORTH READING, I GUESS, IF YOU'VE GOT A PC LAPTOP WITH A VGA PORT BUT NO SCREW HOLES. I NEVER FOUND A DECENT SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM, OTHER THAN BUYING A DESKTOP COMPUTER THAT DID HAVE VGA SCREW HOLES. THAT COMPLETELY SOLVED MY PROBLEM. THE REVIEW BELOW WAS WRITTEN AFTER I FIRST PURCHASED THE YIYNOVA, WHICH I NO LONGER STAND BY. THE YIYNOVA IS AWESOME, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PURCHASING IT.

This is going to go against the grain of all the great reviews but I'm less than pleased. I almost returned it and went back to my Intuos 4.

I'd read most people's reviews and seen the video reviews on You Tube and most people didn't have any problems, so I said, why not? The one thing I didn't realize is most people who did reviews were using Macs, not PCs.

One thing that PC users should know is if you have a newer type laptop (mine is Dell Inspiron N5110, Windows 7) and you have a VGA port already on your laptop, you will STILL need to get a USB to VGA adapter because your VGA port DOES NOT HAVE SCREWHOLES! And no, it won't just stay plugged in there...the cable has screws on it for a reason. So that was another $57 and a week's delay to using the thing.

The glass surface that people are annoyed about at first and then got used to is REALLY annoying. It's still annoying. But whatever. It's not the real deal breaker. The deal breaker is the resolution. It's bad. How bad is it? I was drawing lightly in pencil like I always do...so lightly that I couldn't see it at all on the tablet. Then I looked up at the monitor and holy cow...it was clear as day and very dark! Then I pulled up all my old "pencil" drawings...on the tablet they're nearly invisible; on the laptop they're absolutely visible, every stray little line. This is frustrating beyond belief. When I pull up a blank canvas in ArtRage, I cannot see the top and left side at all unless I mark them with paint first.

I spent time on the phone with customer service and yes, they are very nice, friendly people, available at off hours, etc. (and yes, extremely hard to understand). They didn't seem to understand what the problem was, although I notice in the next version, the 22U HD, they've corrected the resolution, the eraser on the pen and all the things that should have been done right on this one. I'm willing to eventually buy the 22U since it's correcting everything and it's still cheaper than a Cintiq, glass surface notwithstanding.

For any musicians out there, this is the same feeling I got when I bought the Yamaha Motif Classic when it first came out, only to find out they made it with only 64 note polyphony, and then they corrected it on the next version after you paid all that money for the first one.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2013 4:41 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3