Profile for ZSky > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 305

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ZSky RSS Feed (USA)

Offered by Marions Music
Price: $14.50
27 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Interesting, June 17, 2014
This review is from: South Riding (2010) (DVD)
I brought this DVD because I saw Anna Maxwell Martin in "Bleak House," and her performance in this film was excellent - I wasn't sure about the overall story of this film, but I thought it was "interesting," to say at least. Watching this is making me want to read the book.

When the Body Says No: Exploring the Stress-Disease Connection
When the Body Says No: Exploring the Stress-Disease Connection
by Gabor Maté
Price: $13.28
64 used & new from $5.63

5.0 out of 5 stars An Eye-Opening Read, May 28, 2014
I've read this book more than once and it's such an engaging read each time.

Stress is paramount and major problem in today's world - it plays a role in literally everywhere where people interact. It can take a serious toll on people unless it is recognized and managed effectively and with better insights. This book is packed with insights and gems that can help us to recognize the issues with our bodies. It's to be recommended.

CCNA Routing and Switching Study Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120
CCNA Routing and Switching Study Guide: Exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120
by Todd Lammle
Price: $42.44
65 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Understand for Lay Person, March 15, 2014
This thick book is filled with concepts laid out in a clear way for lay people. Truth to be told, I am not a technical person, which I wasn't able to understand Wendell Odom's book. After reading Lammie, I finally got to understand Odom. I found that these two books would work hand in hand when one is studying for an exam.

Thanks to this book, I passed my ICND1 exam today.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 10:08 AM PDT

Valerius Antias and Caesar
Valerius Antias and Caesar
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Reading, March 15, 2014
This is an excellent first English translation of Carl Zohren's thesis by the QFG team with an additional information and the translation of Latin and Greek texts for us lay people to really understand Antias and the issues involved with the date of his writing. It's quite fascinating and an additional information to the knowledge of Roman History and how history can be corrupted.

Writing
Writing
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, February 5, 2014
This review is from: Writing (Kindle Edition)
I found this book to be helpful with one's trying to write or learning about writing. It can be useful and helpful as one practice with writing as time goes along.

At times, it can be dry and incoherent. Other times, it has some useful information that any writer can utilize.

The Education of Julius Caesar: a Biography, a Reconstruction
The Education of Julius Caesar: a Biography, a Reconstruction
by Arthur David Kahn
58 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing Biography of Caesar, February 5, 2014
I really enjoyed reading this excellent biography of Caesar, which gives an interesting overview of the Late Roman history while telling the story about Julius Caesar. It's really an eye-opening read and I enjoyed Kahn's style of writing.

The Merlin Feuds: Winter Origins
The Merlin Feuds: Winter Origins

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, February 5, 2014
I had read this with great pleasure. I really like the character development and the actions involved. Winter Evans is a homeless girl and been living on the streets for a few years - hardship and struggles were common things for her. Then, her one moment of magic attracted the attention of many sorcerers, many of whom feared her and some of whom will protect her. Only one powerful dark sorcerer would want her for herself - a daughter of Merlin. All of which turned her world upside down.

This ebook sure is packed with a lot of actions, wand-fighting, very fast-paced, and many inner conflicts that Winter was dealing with - one of which is trust. Towards the end was unexpected and a good twist, I think.

I really enjoyed reading it.

In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction
In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction
by Gabor Maté
Price: $11.52
84 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Book About Addiction, February 3, 2014
Gabor Maté's book is a fascinating, at times scary, look into the realm of addiction, with a focus on a number of drug addicts who the author worked with as a clinician in Portland. He also gives an understanding into the world of addiction between the most extreme to mild cases.

I found this book to be an insightful read and brought me to a better understanding of what it is like for an addict, and how dangerous an addiction can be.

This is the book that is the most recommended.

Fiber Menace
Fiber Menace
Price: $9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Importance of Understanding the Role of Fiber, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Fiber Menace (Kindle Edition)
I found this book to be quite useful as the author certainly has good points and it's worth reading. It brings a very important piece of the dietary puzzle: the role of fiber in people's diets. It is certainly a worthwhile read.

Martin Benson Speaks (Codhill Press)
Martin Benson Speaks (Codhill Press)
by Lehmann=Haupt. Carl
Price: $17.91
23 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Reading, January 25, 2014
I had never heard of Martin Benson before until I saw this cover where he's standing with Gurdjieff - that alone got me curious. Now, I finally finished reading it and found it to be quite a fascinating "rambling narration." It reads like Mr. Benson speaking to an interviewer or to a group or with a friend in an informal way. It felt real, affective, and stimulating.

I really enjoyed reading it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20