Profile for W. Munro > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 206

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Munro RSS Feed (San Jose, CA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
QuickBooks Online For Dummies
QuickBooks Online For Dummies
by Elaine Marmel
Price: $19.68
39 used & new from $15.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for wives with the own business!, March 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This guide has been indispensable! My wife was previously only able to skim a small part of the data I had entered in QB for her business, and always had to ask me to do any meaningful analysis, adjustments, reporting. After she worked through this book, she is a whole new person! I get recruited back into he process much less than before, and for much more sophisticated reasons.

Hot Wheels Track Builder Spiral Stack-Up Track Set
Hot Wheels Track Builder Spiral Stack-Up Track Set
Price: $18.00
13 used & new from $17.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Really fun for kids and adults. Many ways to re-configure!, March 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was a super fun gift for my 3 year old, and for me! We enjoyed putting it together (pretty quickly, maybe 15 min) ... and then trying all the different ways to send cars zooming around the track. You can setup 3 cars to all go at once! I also love the ability to fully re-configure how the towers, loops, and track segments are used.

Classic Accessories 55-327-015101-EC Ravenna Cover for Rectangular Coffee Tables, Taupe
Price: $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner!, March 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've owned a great set of Restoration Hardware outdoor metal furniture for the past 8 years. As other reviewers have mentioned, I keep all the cushions for my chairs stored with the large sofa, so that I only have to cover/uncover the sofa, and don't have to put covers on all the chairs.

Well, over these 8 years, I've had to purchase 3 covers from Restoration Hardware for the SAME sofa ... because the just don't hold up. They are made out of vinyl, which gets really brittle after only 1-2 seasons, and then cracks/tears so that water goes right through.

This Ravenna cover is totally different! It is a heavy fabric cover with waterproof backing. The whole look and feel of the cover screams much higher quality than Restoration Hardware!

I also loved the easy and robust adjustment features at the bottom ... but a cinch cord, as well as buckles for each leg of the sofa.

This is a winner!

Philips Norelco NT5175/42 5100 Nose Trimmer
Philips Norelco NT5175/42 5100 Nose Trimmer
Offered by Shavers
Price: $18.95
7 used & new from $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite travel trimmer!, February 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used the older version of this nose/ear trimmer before, and I have loved the performance and ease-of-use for nose, ear, and even eyebrow trimming. I never really took it with me while traveling though, because I usually prioritized my full-size beard trimmer first, and didn't think I needed to pack both.

Now, with the included dual-edge trimmer attachment and beard comb, I can do everything all with this one very small device! It's not quite as easy as the full-size trimmer, and there is only 1 beard comb length (so if it's not the right length for you, you may not get much use out of it). But for me, it's now the perfect very small trimmer for travel that does everything.

Belkin Apple MFi Certified Car Charger with 4-Foot Lightning  to USB Cable for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c, iPad (4th Gen) and iPad mini (2.1 AMP / 10 Watt)
Belkin Apple MFi Certified Car Charger with 4-Foot Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c, iPad (4th Gen) and iPad mini (2.1 AMP / 10 Watt)
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $20.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and low profile., December 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really love the build quality of this charger. The cable is really hefty (unlike the Apple ones, which often get cut and frayed.) Also, the car charger part is really low profile, which looks great in the car (though the bright green doesn't match much!).

CulCharge Smallest Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone & iPad Apple MFI Certified
CulCharge Smallest Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone & iPad Apple MFI Certified
Price: $25.00
3 used & new from $23.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for traveling or light briefcase packing!, December 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really love how small this is and yet great construction and fully functional. I put it in my small travel case of electronic connectors/gear, and it can replace a much bigger cable that is always having trouble getting tangled. Also, the lightening connector is extra long, which meant it still fit great even on my Iphone 6+ with a pretty thick case. Love it.

Cyberlink PhotoDirector 6 Ultra
Cyberlink PhotoDirector 6 Ultra
Offered by Best-4-Less.
Price: Click here to see our price
21 used & new from $26.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Trouble installing on Windows 7 machine., December 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had trouble installing this on my Windows 7 setup. I'll continue trying the install and update hopefully with more information!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2014 5:26 AM PST

Schlage Touch Camelot Deadbolt (Satin Nickel) BE375 CAM 619
Schlage Touch Camelot Deadbolt (Satin Nickel) BE375 CAM 619
Price: $106.61
8 used & new from $97.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Great to get rid of the key. Not as elegant as others out there., December 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love the keyless design! From everything I've read, having no key dramatically improves the security of your door. The small risk of not having a backup key in case the battery dies is well mitigated by the 9V battery backup option.

If you've shopped around for other touch screen locks, two quick things to be aware of with this one:
- The lock is NOT motorized in any way (either lock or unlock)
- The screen is more of a "push" screen, rather than a "touch" screen. (Meaning that you have to mash it pretty hard to get the numbers to register.)
- The numbers and touchscreen don't light up in any way. There's just an led at the top of the lock that shines down on them if you push the "Schlage" logo to turn it on.

I did have about 10 min of frustration during the installation, where it was really difficult to get about 2 inches of wiring tucked inside the lock to get the cover back on. But other than this, the installation was super easy.

Seagate 4TB Video Surveillance HDD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST4000VX000)
Price: $164.99
35 used & new from $153.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this drive. Using it in my Synology 5-bay NAS., November 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great drive for my Synology NAS. I have it setup in a raid configuration with other "non-surveillance" specific drives, so I can't really comment on how well it would work just for a surveillance only situation. But for an "always-on" NAS for my home office, it has been great.

Epson WorkForce WF-2660 All-In-One Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Price: $99.99
34 used & new from $85.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible setup. 27 minutes of software installation. No USB cable. Only detected 1 out of 10 available wifi networks., November 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you need any easy setup printer, avoid this one!

I followed the "easy setup" printed guide.

I was somewhat annoyed at how many setup screens on the printer I had to walk through (set the date, set the time, set the language, set the country, set the paper size, set the paper quality ... oh, do you also want to setup the fax?).

Then I started installing the drivers/softward on my Windows 7 computer ... (which by the way, can automatically detect the date, time, language, and country ... so why was I required to deal with that on the tiny printer screen?) ... anyhow ... 27 minutes later ... the driver installation finished.

And I got to printer network setup.

I wanted to use this printer on a wifi network ... only to discover that the printer doesn't come with a USB cable (which is needed temporarily to setup the printer for wifi, using your computer). So, if you want to setup for wifi, you'll have to either go out and get a usb cable ... or use the tiny printer screen to type your wifi network and password in.

I managed to find a USB cable on my wife's printer and borrow it for the setup software ... which then informed me that it had found exactly 1 wifi network (when there are 10+ in range of my computer) .. that happened to be my neighbor 2 houses down! We have our wifi router sitting 24 inches from the printer, and it wasn't detected!

I then had to enter the wifi information manually (SSID and password). Which finally all seemed to work, and I printed a test page.

Which is when I then discovered that this printer is LOUD ... like, as loud as a 1990's dot matrix printer loud.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20