Profile for Wildemind > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wildemind "Science & Spirit" RSS Feed (London)

My Backyard Jungle: The Adventures of an Urban Wildlife Lover Who Turned His Yard into Habitat and Learned to Live with It
by James Barilla
Price: $13.01
44 used & new from $4.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Explore the Boundary, September 7, 2014
Barilla's exploration into the boundaries between civilization and the wild reads like a wonderful work of fiction. I want to read more of his work.

A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State
A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State
by John W. Whitehead
Price: $16.96
81 used & new from $14.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book of Its Kind, January 30, 2014
A must read. Whitehead shakes us out of our slumbering illusion that we are a free people. We are not and he delineates this fact perfectly. Highly suggested for every American who values their freedom.

Secret Garden of Survival: How to grow a camouflaged food- forest.
Secret Garden of Survival: How to grow a camouflaged food- forest.
by Rick Austin
Price: $21.23
8 used & new from $21.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Overview of a Permanent Garden, January 9, 2014
Well written, easy to understand and great information. If you want an intro to permaculture, this is it. But this author goes even further and shows you how to make it invisible!

The Walking Dead, Season 4 [HD]
The Walking Dead, Season 4 [HD]
DVD
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hellacious!, January 1, 2014
I have never viewed a series before that goes so deep into hell on earth enough to make the lead characters verge on insanity in such a believable way. The tension this season is ratcheted up to the highest levels and you feel the "walkers" are around every corner and sometimes in droves! There are some great new characters and some of our faves. Great addition featuring the threat from within as well as without as a plague starts to knock them off one by one. Amazing story- telling.

Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
by Joe Dispenza
30 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breakthrough Bestseller!, February 15, 2012
Anyone who remembers the hit indie cult film, What the Bleep Do We Know!? that took the theaters by storm in a grassroots phenomenon unlike any seen before will remember Dr. Joe Dispenza who is an audience favorite as one of the experts interviewed along with a host of other scientists and theologians, who made the relatively inaccessible strange quantum world accessible to the masses. The film had a lasting impact and has been distributed to millions around the world, becoming part of the cultural zeitgeist and finally making it cool to be holistically-oriented.

Dr. Joe is one of the best communicators in the world of this area of science as well as neuroscience, neurology, brain function, chemistry, cellular biology, memory formation, and aging and longevity. This book follows his first, Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind which laid down the science for this one.

The first book was a bit heady and as a layperson with an avid interest in personal development and a growing interest in science, I must admit it was a bit difficult for me to read. I think it may have been intended for those who are practitioners with a science background as well as those in holistic and heart-centered therapies who by now it seems, should really know this stuff if they are working with people. I found myself recommending the first one to a whole host of professionals in the helping and healing professions - nurses, psychologists, physiotherapists, body workers, yoga teachers, EFT practitioners, and those who lead courses in personal development and spirituality.

This new book is a real breakthrough in terms of practical application. Dr. Joe's genius is in many areas, but certainly he must now be seen as one of the world's top voices in how to apply the new science to your life. It is a delightful tour of what makes us work and more importantly, how you can make lasting change in your life. I have done several personal development workshops and many claim to bring about lasting change, but few really deliver on that promise. But this book and I am sure Dr. Joe's trainings bring this important work to the common individual and it is designed to facilitate change.

Mainstream science is being forced to catch up to the cutting edge scientists who have labored long and hard without the benefit of grant money because the subatomic world is affecting everything from computers to smart phones to warfare. I look forward to the day my college physics teacher has to recant due to the fact he once said to me after discussing the classic work, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism that "You really don't think this affect us in our day to day lives do you?" That day, thanks to works like this one, is coming sooner than most people would think!

I will still recommend this for the professionals to read and I think they will read it with glee and gain many insights. But this one I like to think is for people like myself - those who want to grow and change and develop to be their best from the inside out!

I noticed that Dr. Joe is also in a number of other films that are out, but one that sounds very exciting is the forthcoming film "People vs. the State of Illusion," which I am sure many of his fans will want to catch.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 29, 2012 3:14 PM PST