Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Mathew A. Shember > Reviews

Browse

Mathew A. Shember's Profile

Customer Reviews: 405

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mathew A. Shember RSS Feed (Cupertino, CA United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ripple Junction Doctor Who Linear Dalek Adult T-Shirt Large Black
Ripple Junction Doctor Who Linear Dalek Adult T-Shirt Large Black
Offered by AsSeenOnTank
Price: $16.95
4 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A well made t-shirt!, August 14, 2015
This was a impulse gift request after I became a fan of the series. Normally, I don't bother with t-shirts from the Net as they tend to be of low quality.

This was not the case.

The material is a proper weight and will last for awhile. The designs are well I forget the term but they are not the heavy plastic iron on which can be found on most theme shirts these days. This will probably have issues over time but I think it will last for an acceptable time.

The sowing is good. Not cheaply done with thin threads hanging, extra material, etc.

I am happy with this t-shirt and will purchase another one from the vendor!

Adonit Jot Pro Fine Point Precision Stylus for iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle, Samsung, and Windows Tablets - Black
Price: $29.99
32 used & new from $17.68

5.0 out of 5 stars A good stylus for writing, August 8, 2015
I am working on an experiment of going paperless well reducing paper use at my office. I have a nice iPad Air 2 and thought why not use it for notes, etc.?

I have tried a few stylus' and this was part of the experiment.

One thing I would point out to people thinking about going this route is that you have to rethink your writing style especially if you tend to be heavy handed. Such people will get frustrated and or break the tip of the stylus. The tip is plastic and attached to a ball to allow rotation versus rotating the stylus as with others.

The design of the stylus is interesting and it has a nice weight to it. However, it can roll so be aware of that and always replace the cap when you are not using it. I can see the tip breaking off the stylus if it drops. Speaking of the cap; it does screw on to the back but I wonder if in time it will wear out?

Writing has been good and it depends on your notes app. I have been using Bamboo Paper, Notepad+ and Noteshelf and haven’t had any complaints with this stylus.

I have a Bettle Defense cover/case for my iPad and have not had any issues writing. You do have to clean the protector from time to time but even when it’s dirty I have not seen the writing be affected.

Overall, I am happy with this stylus but again must mention replacing the cap and be aware of it rolling.

[Apple MFi Certified] ZeroLemon Lightning to USB Plastic PVC Cable 10 Feet / 3 Meter + Enhanced Plastic Cap for iPhone, iPod and iPad [2 Year Warranty]-PVC White
Offered by Great Meister
Price: $19.11
42 used & new from $19.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice long cable!, August 8, 2015
I had a need for a long cable due to where my desk sits and where the power outlets are in the room (long story).

Apple "blessed" cables tend to be pricey and wear out quick. I have had two so far.

I found this cable while hunting around Amazon and decided to give it a try. The 3m cable is surprisingly thick and covered the length just fine.

The cable has no problems charging my iPhone or iPad Air. Speed wise? I am not sure and haven't timed it as it's not an issue for me.

Happy with it so far and will probably get one of a smaller length for carry around purposes.

The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
by Ryder Windham
Price: $58.99
65 used & new from $31.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A good gift for a Star Wars nerd!, July 3, 2015
I have to admit some "nerdishness" for liking this strong box. I can't really give a reason; just do. The strong box is plastic and simple in design. There is a key point which you need to press two buttons to open. Underneath is a card key to open it. Note: a credit card can do the same if you loose it. You get some lights and some sound sound effects as the lid slowly opens. Kind of fun and yet will make eyes role for others who aren't into such things.

As the story goes; it was recovered from Boba Bett's starship "Slave I" and inside you will find the Bounty Hunter Code, a wanted poster of Han and Chewie, some Bounty Hunter guild documents, as well as a small book "Making a killing" and a Kaminoan saber dart.

The Bounty Hunter Code is a nice little read and will give you some insights to the guild. Topics range from history, lessons and the general creed of the profession. The book changed hands so you get comments from Bossk, Greedo, Boba Fett and Han Solo. Some of the comments are entertaining as they reply to the others. I liked the book overall especially the art work.

"Making a Killing" is small memoir by Gradossk who was the head of the guild. A very short read but interesting read with a little humor at the end.

Overall, I like the kit and anybody who is seriously into Star Wars will as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2015 3:00 AM PDT

Inside Internet Security: What Hackers Don't Want You To Know
Inside Internet Security: What Hackers Don't Want You To Know
by Jeff Crume
110 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars An introduction for the uninitiated., June 27, 2015
This was a "give away" from an IBM rep some time ago. I was cleaning my book cases and decided to give it a read.

This is a good little book for people who are new to the concept of Internet Security. It is lighthearted and light on detail as it attempts to give you an idea of the world of hacking and security. If you find yourself tasked with securing your company and haven't an idea of what to do, this could give you an idea of areas to consider such as policy, user education, and remembering that a too draconian policy will lead to failure due to human nature. The information is not enough to give you a "blue print" of what to do; it simply gives you ideas which require further study.

If you are an experienced security worker, you will not learn anything new from it.

Vbscript Interactive Course
Vbscript Interactive Course
by Noel Jerke
22 used & new from $0.82

4.0 out of 5 stars A good beginner book in it's day., June 20, 2015
Was good in it's day. Now it's wasted space on my shelf.

This was a good introduction to vbscript and the accompanying web site was useful. Problem is the Waite group is gone and there isn't web site anymore. Overall, the lessons center on using vbscript in a web environment. Does anybody do that anymore?

If you are looking for something for administration purposes as in scripts for an old XP network, this book will not help you.

This is better served as an introduction and recycled.

Microsoft® Windows® Administrator's Automation Toolkit
Microsoft® Windows® Administrator's Automation Toolkit
by Don Jones
58 used & new from $2.30

3.0 out of 5 stars It's time has passed., June 20, 2015
I was cleaning my book cases and found my old copy. I skimmed it for nostalgia.

It's a very basic book. Even though it's labeled as a toolkit; I still think of it as an introduction for automation and vbscript. You get the basic introduction, syntax and a general introduction to automation. The so called toolbox scripts are many and the layout is a description of the task. How it is performed manually and then an example of using a script. There are many topics and to somebody who has never used vbscript; might find them useful.

There is a CD which has a copy of the scripts, a copy of "Microsoft Windows Scripting Self-Paced Learning Guide", and a video presentation of vbscript for administrators.

As mentioned it's time has come. Powershell is replacing vbscript. The only time you might need vbscript is if you have a network which still uses XP. Even in this situation, you would be better served by an old copy "Windows 2000 Scripting Guide."

Best to avoid this now and let it be consigned to history.

Max Factory Sword Art Online: Asuna Figma Action Figure
Max Factory Sword Art Online: Asuna Figma Action Figure
Offered by BEST TREASURE
Price: $62.30
198 used & new from $54.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware of knockoffs., June 20, 2015
Bootlegs are a reality now and people should take this into consideration. I will admit to not being a serious figure collector so any mistakes I make should be taken into consideration. Price is an indicator. If it's cheap; it's made cheap. The good ones seem to be $70 and higher. The knock offs can be $20 if you go direct to China. In my case, that's what I did as I mentioned I wanted a figure for a shelf and was not interested in the collectable/value of it.

As others mentioned, the joints and paint work are a big indicator to where it came from. Looking at the pics on this for this character; there is a noticeable difference. The mechanical parts are not as exposed and the pieces assemble easier. The hair did come off a little too easy so again cheaply made.

If you are concerned about quality, the question to ask is where it was manufactured. If it's China, it's probably not going to be the quality you expect.

Overall, it's an ok figure. I positioned it so it is not as obvious with the flaws.

Maybe in time I will spend more and get the better version.....

Max Factory Sword Art Online: Kirito Figma Action Figure
Max Factory Sword Art Online: Kirito Figma Action Figure
Offered by K-I-M-JAPAN
Price: $99.98
36 used & new from $94.99

3.0 out of 5 stars There are knock offs., June 20, 2015
Bootlegs are a reality now and people should take this into consideration. I will admit to not being a serious figure collector so any mistakes I make should be taken into consideration. Price is an indicator. If it's cheap; it's made cheap. The good ones seem to be $60 and higher. The knock offs can be $20 if you go direct to China. In my case, that's what I did as I mentioned I wanted a figure for a shelf and was not interested in the collectable/value of it.

As others mentioned, the joints and paint work are a big indicator to where it came from. Looking at the pics on this for this character; there is a noticeable difference. The mechanical parts are not as exposed and the pieces assemble easier. The swords were and the stand piece took a little effort.

Maybe in time I will spend more and get the better version.....

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Silver Floating Tardis Pen Action Figure
Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Silver Floating Tardis Pen Action Figure
Offered by Mazie's Gifts
Price: $17.08

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little curio, June 18, 2015
This is an interesting anniversary piece for the Dr. Who series.

The pen has a nice feel and a decent weight. The Tardis is silver and like most floating pens will slowly sink to the bottom when you rotate it. The pen body has the same text which is written on the police box.

This would have been a great pen but it's a one time use for writing as I don't see if a simple way to add more ink when it runs out.

If you are a fan and like curio pieces, then this is nice addition. If you are looking for a good pen, avoid it or accept it's over when the ink runs out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20