Profile for Phillip > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Phillip RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Never Hero (Chronicles of Jonathan Tibbs Book 1)
The Never Hero (Chronicles of Jonathan Tibbs Book 1)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a great story!, September 21, 2014
I loved this book from beginning to end. In fact I couldn't put it down. I found the characters to be well thought out and portrayed. Their emotions and relationships in the story are great. The story line was original and well written. I found the integration of both comics and religion to be amusing and thought provoking. I especially liked the comic book spin on that aspect. There were some great quotes in there and I can't help but appreciate the integration of all of the "classic" movie and book references.

Job well done Sir! I can't wait for your next book!

Merrell Men's Moab Gore-Tex Waterproof Hiking Shoe
Merrell Men's Moab Gore-Tex Waterproof Hiking Shoe
Price: $97.97 - $195.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe but not waterproof, October 30, 2013
I've had these for about a year and a half now. i bought them for a trip to Yosemite with my daughter and found them to be so comfortable that I wear them every day for work. This has given me the time to truly put these shoes through the ringer.

I work for the California Parks system and I am in many of the parks on a weekly basis. I hike up and down trails and around buildings and back country all the time. I have yet to have an issue with the shoes gripping any terrain or having any comfort issues.

However,I have two main issues with these shoes now. The first being that they are not at all water proof as stated. Puddles, rain, mist, you name it they all make my feet wet. The only other problem I have had is the front toe on the shoes are starting to peel away. Its a problem I have had with many other shoes and I don't consider it a huge issue, but i feel that a bit of extra sewing on this piece would go a long way to prevent this issue.

All in all its a great shoe and I plan on buying another pair eventually. Hopefully by then the waterproofing issue will be resolved.

iMBAPrice iMBA-PS-06MM 6-Feet Gold Plated 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Male Stereo Audio Cable
Price: $6.95
5 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfect, April 15, 2013
works great and well made what more can you ask for a stereo cable? I highly recommend this to anyone

Dritz Cord Cleat: 3" Clear
Dritz Cord Cleat: 3" Clear
Offered by DraperyDiy
Price: $2.99
10 used & new from $2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, April 15, 2013
This review is from: Dritz Cord Cleat: 3" Clear
I honestly expected these to be cheap plastic. I was surprised by the quality and that they included a set of screws for every cleat. I definitely recommend these!

EBC Brakes DP61657 6000 Series Greenstuff Truck and SUV Brake Pad
EBC Brakes DP61657 6000 Series Greenstuff Truck and SUV Brake Pad
Price: $64.95
53 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome pads!, April 15, 2013
These things work great. they smell a bit if you hit the brakes hard, but i can deal with that given that my 2011 Tacoma stops on a dime now.

EBC Brakes USR7237 USR Series Sport Slotted Rotor
EBC Brakes USR7237 USR Series Sport Slotted Rotor
Offered by SpeedShopUSA
Price: Click here to see our price
40 used & new from $171.26

1.0 out of 5 stars great rotors...for the first 2 months..., April 15, 2013
These things are great. I replaced the stock rotors and pads on my 2011 Tacoma with these and a pair of EBC Greenstuff 6000s. the first few miles I almost put my face in the steering wheel. Once they broke in they now stop like a dream. I highly recommend these!

-----

So its now been about six months with these rotors. I can say they didn't live up to their name and I am very disappointed with EBC's quality. Of course these worked great for the first 2-3 months while still in warranty but shortly thereafter they warped. I was quite disappointed to say the least. I drive mostly freeway conditions with some mountain terrain, but in no way did I expect these to get so hot they warped. The only think I could think of is manufacture defect as I checked fluid levels and made sure everything was done to spec when they were changed.

Sadly disappointed...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2014 5:14 PM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars works, but cheap, April 15, 2013
It works fine and did what it was supposed to, but it is a bit cheaply made. Given the price I didn't expect much, but the heat shrink tubing was not fully heated to mold properly. This exposed the larger end of the cable a bit and I felt it necessary to reheat it and fix it before long term use. Otherwise this works as expected and I can now use the front panel ports with my older motherboard.

AC Infinity AI-CFS120BA Single 120 Quiet Cabinet Fan, Black
AC Infinity AI-CFS120BA Single 120 Quiet Cabinet Fan, Black
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great for closed cabinets, October 25, 2012
I bought this because I bought a new cabinet for my home theatre equipment to keep the little ones from touching all the buttons. Needless to say before this I would get about 1 hour out of my receiver before it would overheat and be hot to the touch. After installation it is now room temp after an hour and showing no signs of any issues as it was before.

As an added bonus the finish on this was top notch. The directions were simple and straightforward. The template was a huge plus, but lacked any adhesive so was a bit of a pain until i used tape.

My single complaint on this was the lack of included washers. This isn't really necessary if you had the appropriate size drill bit as I did, but would be a good idea to include for added security of the bolts.

All in all this is the best one I have seen thus far and I am going to buy another one in the near future for another cabinet in my bedroom.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST50 50-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV (2012 Model)
2 used & new from $1,700.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Picture I have ever seen, March 6, 2012
I have owned Panasonic Plasmas in the past and I have to say I have always loved them, but hands down this TV is in a whole new ball park. The picture is absolutely astounding. It simply blows any other TV I have ever seen away. I cant recommend this one enough. I have told everyone I know how good this thing is and the friends who have seen it in person are saying the same. I actually converted a few of my friends and convinced them not to buy one of the new LED TVs after seeing it.

I do want to give a plug here to the AVSFORUM guys. I really appreciate the recommendation on this one and am glad I bought this one rather than last years model.

BUY THIS TV!
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2012 8:30 AM PDT

SilverStone SG05BB-450 ALL Black Plastic/SECC Mini-ITX Computer Case with SFX 450W 80+ Bronze Certified/Single +12V rail Power Supply (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars best little box for SFF, July 13, 2011
I love this litle thing! It is more than adequite for a SFF gaming rig if you keep in mind the power requirements and case limitations. You will have to use a shorter video card in most cases and you will only be able to support a slimline CD and 3 SSDs at maximum. I run this with dual Intel SSDs and a Slimline DVD and a GTX 460. Its a beast! The only complaint I have is the fan filter gets a bit dirty more often that I would like, but in a way thats a good thing! Its easy to clean. I will recommend that you PLAN YOUR INSTALL properly. This thing takes quite a bit of patience. I had to take almost 2 hours to get it all done properly and I've been assembling PCs for over 10 years. Its well worth it once done though!

Page: 1 | 2