Profile for Danny Martinez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Danny Martinez RSS Feed

BlueRigger Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to DVI Female Adapter Cable
BlueRigger Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to DVI Female Adapter Cable
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $19.99
9 used & new from $10.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, Great Adapter, January 28, 2015
Came in as expected, works great, no issues.

Trademark Poker 500 Dice Style 11.5-Gram Poker Chip Set
Trademark Poker 500 Dice Style 11.5-Gram Poker Chip Set
Price: $39.99
11 used & new from $35.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but could be better., January 23, 2015
The chip quality is not the greatest. Paint is inconsistent. The chips kind of interlock, so it's pretty hard to do any types of chip tricks. Good amount of chips, I like the weight and feel, good for casual games.

Good case, not much to say about that. The inside, however, leaves a fine thin layer of the velvet, so it's kind of annoying to clean every time.

DEFINITELY PICK UP A DIFFERENT SET OF CARDS. The cards included are terrible. Creased and bent with a single game, only a couple shuffles in.

Overall, 3/5 stars. Ok for the casual player and beginners. If you're holding more serious games, probably need to look into a more pricey/higher quality product. I picked it up on sale for $29.99. Would not pay full price for this.

32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card
32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card
Price: $68.66
33 used & new from $57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of space., February 21, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, if you can't afford this card, I don't blame you. Money is tight, and we want deals on everything. Understandable.

But don't whine if you can't get it, it is what it is. 32GB is A LOT of space for a handheld. (Oh but it only holds x movies, x songs blah blah blah) isn't that what your iPod/iPhone/Android/etc are for? This is for games, hence the proprietary price and tech.

I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus here, but at $100, it's expensive, but its a good memory card. Remember how much PSONE and PS2 memory cards costed??? And we were talking about MB.

So this isn't anything new. Go buy a 4GB or 8GB. The 16GB is $60 so you can buy another game with the extra $40 left over.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2012 1:48 PM PST

PlayStation Vita In-ear Headset
PlayStation Vita In-ear Headset
Offered by CallofDeals
Price: $8.99
28 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, February 16, 2012
I just tested these out on my iPhone (no, the mic is not compatible unfortunately), and man I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. They don't feel cheap, and they look really sleek and nice. The sound isolation is very good, and compared to headphones at this price range, these are definitely on the top of the list.

I am an audiophile, so these won't replace my everyday in ear headphones, but if I'm out and about, I will definitely carry these around with my PSV. I'm sure these will make your gaming experience that much better.

These headphones are awesome, so if you can, I would say get them!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2012 3:12 PM PDT

PlayStation Vita Starter Kit with Memory Card
PlayStation Vita Starter Kit with Memory Card
Offered by Reel Distributions
Price: $22.24
24 used & new from $22.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Starter Kit, February 16, 2012
Ok, first of all, at $40 I'm not blown away by the kit, but it's definitely worth the price in my opinion.

- The pouch is just that, a pouch for your system. Enough to keep it clean and protected. Not sure how much protection it will provide if your PSV falls, but why would you let it fall in the first place?

- The screen protector and cleaning cloth (I can't say too much because I don't have my PSV yet). The screen protector seems like it will be a simply enough install, I am getting the HORI silicone protector and it looks like it will be compatible. The cleaning cloth is a lot bigger than I expected, so that's good. Other than that, it's just your typical lint free cleaning cloth.

- The earphones. Actually, reading some of the other reviews, I was expecting complete crap. While it does feel pretty cheap, the sound quality is actually not that bad. Some EQ adjusting on your iPod/iPhone/Android/etc, and they are definitely keepers. I actually plan on using them now that I have tested them out.

- Game/Memory card case. I like this case, sure, it's something else you have to carry, but it's not too big and it fits 8 games and 2 memory cards. The 4GB memory card will be good enough for me just for basic game saves, and I have the 32GB and the 8GB that will come with the Launch Bundle. 1 in the system, and the other 2 in the case. Perfect for me. (THE MEMORY CARDS ARE TINY!!! I don't know if that's been stressed enough haha)

So there you have it, for $40, I think it's worth it. If you have the money for nicer cases, headphones, bigger memory cards and screen protectors, more power to you, but for those of us on a budget, this kit will do the job.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2012 7:18 AM PST