Profile for Louisa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Louisa RSS Feed (Charlottesville, VA)

Nashville
Nashville
Price: $9.99
56 used & new from $2.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Satisfying, January 7, 2007
This review is from: Nashville (Audio CD)
Love this entire CD. One of my new favorites from start to finish. Fabulous musicians, unbelievable singing. Cannot say enough about this album!

Supply & Demand
Supply & Demand
Offered by GENEL
Price: $14.00
23 used & new from $10.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Phew!, October 4, 2006
This review is from: Supply & Demand (Audio CD)
My expectations were high. I have listened to the first CD over and over and over . . . and was ready to see what Amos would do next. It is as if he is *elaborating* in this one, expanding instrumentation, playing with great harmonies. The first song "Shout Out Loud" is a fabulous feel-good song, and just the beginning of the journey, which takes the listener to thoughtfulness, romance, sadness, and celebration. "Freedom" is a his not-so-subtle way of commenting on the world, and I like how he does it. I also really love "Sweet Pea" and "Southern Girl" (and not just because I live in Charlottesville).

I highly recommend this CD. I'm enjoying it as I type.

Bitter with Baggage Seeks Same: The Life and Times of Some Chickens
Bitter with Baggage Seeks Same: The Life and Times of Some Chickens
by Sloane Tanen
Price: $11.53
272 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars if you own the chicks, you must own the book., December 16, 2003
a friend of mine bought me these little chicks once for fun, and i adore them. tonight, i browsed through a bookstore and saw this book on display, and it absolutely fractured me. you can appreciate the book without the chicks, but it adds another dimension if you have 'em. so fun to read. clever photos. bought it for the friend. christmas shopping finished. off to gaze at my tree.

Martha Speaks
Martha Speaks
by Susan Meddaugh
Price: $6.99
171 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this book!, February 23, 2000
This review is from: Martha Speaks (Paperback)
I'm 30 years old, and BEG my nieces to let me read this to them over and over! I'm not only a dog lover, but I also appreciate the hysterical humor and illustrations. This book will please kids and adults alike! (Favorite line: "Martha, SHUT UP!" (It's funny when you read it!)

The New Yorker Book of Dog Cartoons
The New Yorker Book of Dog Cartoons
by New Yorker
Price: $8.73
57 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars too funny for words!, September 3, 1999
I keep this book in my bathroom with some other fun books - I read it every time I'm in there, and I laugh over and over at the same cartoons. People always love going to the bathroom at my place because of it! :- ) Anyway, if you love woofers like I do AND enjoy the New Yorker sense o' humor, you must have this book!