Profile for Joan Marie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joan Marie RSS Feed (Michigan)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Pawz Orange Water-Proof Dog Boot, X-Small, Up to 2-Inch
Pawz Orange Water-Proof Dog Boot, X-Small, Up to 2-Inch
Price: $12.00
37 used & new from $6.85

4.0 out of 5 stars We live in Michigan with a 12-pound rat terrier who ..., November 20, 2014
We live in Michigan with a 12-pound rat terrier who hates the cold and snow. We use these (the orange ones) over Petego Traction control socks (XS) and the combination seems to work well. The socks give her a bit of warmth, and the Pawz keep the socks from getting wet. (We also tried the red ones, but they were too big.)

Guests of the Ayatollah: The Iran Hostage Crisis: The First Battle in America's War with Militant Islam

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, July 17, 2014
This book is absolutely fascinating. I stayed up late several nights reading it. I was a U.S. college student during the crisis, and I happened to have an Iranian roommate who spoke very little English. She taught me a few words of Farsi (she referred to it as Persian). I now wish that she and I had been able to talk about it at the time. She had a poster of the Ayatollah Khomeini on our dorm room wall and said he was a very nice man. That's all I remember. I was just a dumb college student and not much interested in world affairs. But this book really explains it all, from all sides.

Fiesta Individual Creamer, 7-Ounce, Lemongrass
Fiesta Individual Creamer, 7-Ounce, Lemongrass
Price: $17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars No Fiesta stamp, May 3, 2014
This looks like Fiestaware, but there is no Fiesta stamp on the bottom. It matches my other Fiesta lemongrass pieces perfectly, so I guess I'll keep it, but I would like to know if it's genuine or not.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2014 11:41 AM PDT

Lost in Transplantation: Memoir of an Unconventional Organ Donor
Lost in Transplantation: Memoir of an Unconventional Organ Donor
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book!, February 13, 2014
This is a great true story. I believe that nothing is more important than relieving suffering of other living beings. The author certainly did that -- by donating a kidney to a stranger and freeing him from kidney dialysis. It's fascinating to read about the process she went through, and the writing is beautiful and funny. This book left me feeling humble and lucky to be healthy.

InterDesign Forma Self Adhesive, Towel Bar, Brushed Stainless Steel
InterDesign Forma Self Adhesive, Towel Bar, Brushed Stainless Steel
Price: $8.57
4 used & new from $7.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, July 27, 2013
This is a cute little towel holder I keep next to my kitchen sink. It was very inexpensive, easy to stick to the wall, and looks nice.

FREE SAMPLE - Kellogg's To-Go Breakfast Shake - Milk Chocolate, 10 Ounce Bottle (Free with purchase of a qualifying item)
2 used & new from $12.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, but it was free, July 27, 2013
I got this as a free sample. It tastes sort of like chocolate milk, but it was too sweet and not filling.

Rice Dream Organic Rice Drink, Original, 32 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Rice Dream Organic Rice Drink, Original, 32 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Offered by Peters Select
Price: $56.86
11 used & new from $36.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff!, July 27, 2013
I've been giving up dairy products over the past year (I hate the way the dairy industry mistreats cows), but I just couldn't get used to soy milk on my cereal. This rice milk looks and tastes like skim milk, which is what I was used to. I am so happy to be dairy-free now. The price is very good through Amazon. I will be ordering this regularly.

6-pack 13"x13" Microfiber Waffle Weave Kitchen Cloth Dish Cloths Dishcloth Face Cloth (Linen)
Offered by Ecocleaning

4.0 out of 5 stars Met expectations, July 27, 2013
These dish cloths look very nice. I think I prefer 100% cotton to these microfiber cloths, but I knew that was what I was getting. Not super absorbent, but they have a lot of uses.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 11:34 AM PST

Household Essentials Natural Cotton Laundry Bag Extra Large
Household Essentials Natural Cotton Laundry Bag Extra Large
Offered by checkysdeals
Price: $5.45
7 used & new from $5.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, July 27, 2013
I got this for holding extra clothes on camping trips because I wanted something washable (unlike luggage that cannot be washed). So far, so good. I washed it once so far. It is not exactly heavy duty, but for the price (under $10) it is just fine.

3-pack Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying Towels Dish Towels Hand Towel Washcloth (Linen, 16"x24")
Offered by Ecocleaning
Price: $11.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected, July 27, 2013
These are not as absorbent and soft as 100% cotton would be, but I knew that when I ordered microfiber. They are nice quality, but for use as a dish towel, I will probably order 100% cotton next time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4