Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for waetherman > Reviews

Browse

waetherman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 166

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

waetherman RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
N.Y.C. Status
N.Y.C. Status
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Now, Even Better in the Future?, June 12, 2016
This review is from: N.Y.C. Status (App)
It's always nice to have one more way to check alternate side parking - I really like that I can ask about days far in advance (i.e. "next Friday" or a particular date). Garbage collection might be handy too, since I guess it gets suspended sometimes like during snowstorms and it would be nice to know not to put out the trash. I don't have a school age child, but if I did, school closing might be handy too. I was a little disappointed it wasn't able to tell me when the last day of school was, but I'm expecting this skill will get better in the future, and add even more city services.

Unionbay Men's Alfie Ripstop Cargo Shorts, White, 34
Unionbay Men's Alfie Ripstop Cargo Shorts, White, 34
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts, Good Fit., June 6, 2016
These shorts are quite nice - they are a lighter weight fabric that reminds me of sailcloth. I like the cut of them, and the length which is a touch long for my taste but is still above the knee. Stitching seems strong, and the pockets seem well constructed. Overall for the price, I think these are great shorts. I bought two in different colors and I might go back for another pair on top of that. My only disappointment is the belt, which is a very soft, flimsy piece of material. Whatever, it's a free belt, but I immediately took it off and threw it away.

I did get a little worried when I noticed after I had already placed my order that 50% of people said they "ran small." Personally I find them to fit as expected right out of the box. My guess is that if these are smaller than expected, it's because the buyers were fatter than they realized.

Cardinal Gates Door Guardian, White
Cardinal Gates Door Guardian, White
Price: $17.70
34 used & new from $11.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Lock, Terrible Screws, June 6, 2016
This is an incredibly sturdy lock - to the point where I'm a little worried about what might happen if I got locked out of the house or rescue services needed to get in. I got this lock to prevent a toddler from opening an exterior door, and I can say for certain that he won't be able to do that anytime soon. The lock is nice looking too - clean design, easy to use (for those above the age of 8) and much nicer and more secure than a chain or similar.

The lock is pretty easy enough to install. I installed this in a metal frame door though, and that caused some problems. First, the instructions recommend the use of a punch - I personally found no need for this, so that was a few bucks wasted. Second, the included screws were not up to the task; they seemed properly threaded for metal, but the heads were not a straight X patter and they were painted, so they stripped easily. Luckily I figured this out quickly and was able to remove the offending screw, but it took another trip to the hardware store and another couple of bucks to get the right screws. Better screws should have been included in the kit - it would have saved me a lot of time and hassle.

Remotec Zwave Dry Contact Fixture Module
Remotec Zwave Dry Contact Fixture Module
Offered by Z-Wave Outlet
Price: $38.99
3 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Simple Relay That Works for Low-Voltage, May 28, 2016
While this needs to be hard-wired to line power, it can be used as a low-voltage relay. In my case, I use it to activate a door-strike for my apartment building. Installation was straight forward, and pairing was simple. So far, it's working well and it's exactly what I needed.

Camper Men's Peu Rambla Vulcanizado Walking Shoe, Dark Green, 39 EU/6 M US
Camper Men's Peu Rambla Vulcanizado Walking Shoe, Dark Green, 39 EU/6 M US
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Fashionable Canvas Shoes, May 25, 2016
I've been looking for a nice casual, fashionable sneaker and this works perfectly. They're just funky enough not to be confused with a more mainstream brand, but they're not wild or silly looking. Very comfortable, though this is a shoe with very little support. These shoes can be dressed up or down, and work well with khakis, jeans, or a pair of shorts. This (the olive green color) is my second pair, the first being a similar navy blue color in a different material that I got directly from Camper. I like having similar shoes that I can change to match my style that particular day, but without thinking about it too much.

As for fit, I normally wear a 10.5 and with Campers that don't come in half-sizes, I usually go down to a 10. This shoe fits me perfectly at that size. My foot is a little wide, but these work fine. I wear these shoes all day long.

Kotobuki Children's Bub a Buu Snack Container, Triangular Onigiri Animals, Set of 3
Offered by JAPAN ENTRANCE
Price: $7.10
4 used & new from $7.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute But Tiny, May 9, 2016
These are cute and seal nicely, but they are really quite tiny. They do not fit the onigiri molds that are most popular on Amazon. You can shape them by hand, obviously, but it would be nice if they were slightly larger to accomodate a more standard size, rather than what I guess is kid-sized, onigiri.

Native Unisex Miller Fashion Sneaker, Pigeon Grey/Shell White,11 Mens/13 Womens
Native Unisex Miller Fashion Sneaker, Pigeon Grey/Shell White,11 Mens/13 Womens

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Tight, But Comfortable and Stylish, March 23, 2016
I was hoping these shoes would be a more stylish version of Crocs, allowing me to slip in and out as I go to and from house to garden. Unfortunately they are a little too tight to easily slip on and off, even though they are a half-size larger than what I usually wear (I'm a 10.5, and since these don't come in half-sizes, I ordered the 11). While the length is as expected, they are a little narrow for my feet, and also somewhat tight around the bridge.

On the upside, they do look pretty smart (certainly better than Crocs) and they're pretty comfortable to walk in. I'll be keeping them, though I might trim the back a bit to make them easier to slip in to.

Zolt Laptop Charger Plus, Graphite, Ultra Small and Lightweight, 65W Universal PC Laptop and Mobile Device AC charger
Price: $99.00
4 used & new from $99.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Really That Small; Somewhat Convenient, February 23, 2016
I suppose I had high expectations for the Zolt; there has been a lot of hype about how small and light this device is, and how much easier it makes travelling because it reduces the cord clutter. Well I'm sad to say that my high expectations were not met, though I'm not completely disappointed.

First to the design; the first thing that struck me was the cheap finish. The description says that it has a "brushed" exterior, and one might think that means metal, but it is decidedly plastic. Cheap plastic. And yes it's "brushed" plastic but that does little to alleviate the cheap feel of the device. If anything it makes it worse. As for the size of it, it's pretty compact, but not nearly as compact as one might think. I've seen it described as the size of a "roll of coins" but it's much bigger than, say, a roll of quarters. Maybe a roll of half dollars in width, two rolls in length. Compared to my existing Lenovo charger, it's half the width but twice the thickness, and maybe a half-inch shorter in length. Yes, less overall volume, but not by much. It's a little lighter, but not impressively so.

On the upside, the unit does ship with a number of different tips for various laptops, which is nice because it means that not only do you have to order the right tip for your machine, if you change the type of machine you're using in the future, you can still use the same charger (assuming you keep the extra tips). The cord that it ships with is plenty long for most situations, and because the Zolt goes straight in to the wall, there's none of that oddly half-way dangling charger thing that happens sometimes when you plug in far from your laptop.

The real advantage of the device is of course that you don't have to carry multiple chargers for multiple devices. I typically travel with my Kindle, my laptop, my phone and sometimes my bluetooth headphones. By using the Zolt I can carry just one charger for all those devices, though I still have to carry a separate cord for each device. It's nice to have one or two less, things to possibly forget in a hotel room, and having left enough chargers behind in the past I can say in the long run it'll save some money. But that gets us to the cost of the Zolt; at $100, it's pricey. 3x more than a replacement charger for my laptop, and much more expensive than those little USB plugs. I don't think it'll ever "pay for itself" in lost chargers, and certainly losing the Zolt itself would be a big cost. So it's a matter of price vs convenience, really. If you want to carry a few less chargers in your life, this is the way to go, but don't think it's going to solve all your problems because it's not that much smaller, and ultimately there's still the "cable clutter" issue to deal with.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2016 6:06 AM PST

58 Piece Wooden Train Track Expansion Pack Featuring Container Ship, Ship Dock, Train Station, Rail Road Crossing Compatible with Thomas Wooden Railway Brio Chuggington Melissa & Doug Imaginarium Set by Orbrium Toys
Offered by gigglebabies
Price: $35.00
2 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Lots of Pieces, February 18, 2016
This is a really good value set of tracks - we started with a basic set from Ikea for $10 and this increased the total length of the possible track at least five times, and provides so many more options for configurations. And it's compatible with other sets as well (like the Ikea) so it doesn't need to replace your other sets. The crossing gate, passenger station, and boat dock with boat are all fun little add-ons that encourage creative play. Big thumbs up for this set at such a reasonable price.

Traveling Toddler Car Seat Travel Accessory
Traveling Toddler Car Seat Travel Accessory
Offered by Traveling Toddler, LLC
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.78

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great, Inexpensive Solution, February 18, 2016
Travelling with a car seat for the first time, I wasn't sure what would be best - either a strap like this or a separate cart. Well a separate cart might be great, but it requires an extra hand, and for this trip Ididn't have one so I was thankful that I got this strap. It's very easy to use (just read the instructions - simple) and worked just fine. The carseat I was using was on the heavy and large size, but I managed to get this strap to work both with a carry-on size roller as well as with a full size suitcase. In both situations, I was able to easily roll the luggae and carseat around without too much extra effort, and without damaging the carseat or suitcase. The strap was a little too snug in one case, a little too loose in another, but it worked just fine with both, and I can't blame the strap for the particulars of the carseat I was using. In all, a very worthwhile purchase.

One final note; I did NOT use this with my kid in the seat while attached to the luggage - I can't believe doing this wouldn't result in some damage to the suitcase handle, since that's a lot of weight.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17