Profile for Penny Lane > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Penny Lane RSS Feed (Liverpool, NY USA)

Left & Leaving
Left & Leaving
42 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars chicken soup for the ear, June 12, 2006
This review is from: Left & Leaving (Audio CD)
If there is a type of food called comfort food, I think there should be a new genre of music called comfort music. With the Weakerthans' combination of comfortable, relaxed harmonies and witty, original, thought-provoking lyrics, I often catch myself smiling halfway through a song. The lyrics especially are my favorite thing about this band; the fact that they can be so unique that so many of us can relate to them without knowing why, and being somehow completely devoid of cliche... Although I didn't notice the worth of some of the lyrics at first, sometimes it can just click. Often, these songs can bring new meaning each time I listen, and this band has the unique ability of bringing a smile to my face even when I'm in the worst mood imaginable. If you have never heard this band, I would suggest some of my favorites: "Aside", "This Is a Fire Door Never Leave Open", or "My Favorite Chords". I also would suggest "Reconstruction Site", which is a little bit softer at times but just as poignant. I hope you enjoy what has been a remarkable music experience for me.