Profile for Dj4cast > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dj4cast "Dj4cast" RSS Feed (secret mountain retreat, usa)

Page: 1 | 2
Anthology
Anthology
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars live stuff, April 16, 2015
This review is from: Anthology (MP3 Music)
Live stuff, great but
..live stuff

Bossa Trancelations
Bossa Trancelations
Price: $18.47
24 used & new from $8.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, subtle and romantic music, December 16, 2011
This review is from: Bossa Trancelations (Audio CD)
This may fly under the radar until some distant DJ discovers it and puts it on a beach side dance floor for all to enjoy. A really interesting idea a little like that french group doing new wave into bossa nova. Each cut is a popular trance hit "translated" into bossa. Reminds me of De Phazz and KOOP and all those other european groups producing the music America will eventually dig. Ah there I go again....Buy this cd, it will grow on you

Death Threat
Death Threat
Price: $12.99
22 used & new from $10.22

5.0 out of 5 stars another masterpiece, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Death Threat (Audio CD)
Consistently above the competition, the gentleman behind this decadent art project should have the money thrown at lesser acts and the prestige of being one of the best American Rock and Roll bands still around. In another world, who would hang around this bore as their adventure is our reward. I wonder if they will ever get the credit they deserve. I've worn out several of their releases as if seeking hidden
wisdom. They comment on this culture in such a unique way.
(Dj4cast)

Power Bossa
Power Bossa
Price: $38.44
6 used & new from $38.44

5.0 out of 5 stars The Summer Beach Party Soundtrack !, July 11, 2011
This review is from: Power Bossa (Audio CD)
This cd is a little hard to get but it is worth the effort; TRUST ME! Like DePhazz or early Dimitri from Paris, this is the kind of music that makes DJs famous with other Djs. Sampling early 60's Rock and Roll and Bossa riffs....Is that James Brown yelling in the background?
This cd will haunt you like a hangover you don't regret. Sophisticated and Simplistic at the same time; how can I describe it? Every time I listen to this I hear new things in the mix and I keep turning it up louder and louder and.....Perhaps America is too jaded to appreciate this, after all, its all innocent fun ? Remember when FUN was included with your music? This guy reminds me of the best of Mo Horizons and their contemporaries. When will America wake up? I don't know, maybe I am getting jaded as well. I would rather listen to this kind of music then the self important garbage some musical artists are putting out this summer...Pardon my emotionalism, but FUN IS IMPORTANT TOO. And this is FUN. If you buy this and don't end up blasting it all summer I will personally apologize.

FPM
FPM
Price: $52.03
35 used & new from $10.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Masterpiece !, January 11, 2011
This review is from: FPM (Audio CD)
To be honest, this is future music. When we are dust this how music will survive. It will still have melody, it will still sit in the groove, just differently. This isn't for everyone, this is for the future minded.

Cosmogramma
Cosmogramma
Price: $11.99
64 used & new from $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars much hyped/deservedly, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Cosmogramma (Audio CD)
Below were my initial impressions, and I was wrong. This is a dense, artistic intellectual work. Like reading a classic novel it opens itself up from repeated readings. Perhaps this is the Tonal art of the future, constructed by complicated individuals for complicated individuals....I always admit when I am wrong - Dj4cast

Several publications are calling this the release of 2010, I don't. I purchased it because I would like to support American electronica but this escapes me. Sorry. No moments of beauty to make up for the collage. Perhaps this is for the younger more adventurous, I don't get it.

French Riviera
French Riviera
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $17.98
6 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gradually you realize it's wonderful, May 5, 2010
This review is from: French Riviera (Audio CD)
Unlike 'Easy Does it' this one doesn't jump out and grab you immediately, I wonder why...Here's the big BUT...if you put it down after the initial listen and re-review it a few days later it starts to insinuate itself into you...First the your feet will start, then you will start remembering songs afterwards and then you will start playing it over and over and at volumes that would normally embarrass. It's not 'Easy does it'; that is a "10" in my book but this is a solid "9"... I wish I had the resources on this artist to figure out why I love 'Easy does it' so much more. Who else sings of the beach as a religious experience so well? My dream is for her and Buscemi to spend a month on an island together or a month in Rome with Nicola Conte. Either way she is the kind of artist once you get hooked you will want more, just wished I liked her earlier stuff as much but let's raise a glass to the future and all the living artists who fill out our days with music-----

Forgetting to Remember [Vinyl]
Forgetting to Remember [Vinyl]

5.0 out of 5 stars I doubt you will tire of this, January 15, 2010
Pick this up asap, one of the most intellegent releases on either side of the ocean...Someday this will be looked upon as a classic. Think De Phazz, you won't be disappointed...Dontcha trust me by now?
Dj4cast(Roger Hannagan)

Best FPMB (Fantastic Plastis Machine)
Best FPMB (Fantastic Plastis Machine)

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Comp, April 22, 2008
Mr Tanaka's artistic musical projects constantly amaze me. He is an artist who as usual will have to wait a few years before the rest of the world catches up. This release puts together his more recent work and this would be a nice buy for someone interested in Modern Music. Mark my words, 20 years from now this Gentleman will be known worldwide. It's a shame it will take that long for the world to catch up.
(Roger Hannagan)

Mating Game
Mating Game
18 used & new from $39.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the Cd to have this summer., July 11, 2007
This review is from: Mating Game (Audio CD)
Introduced this to a Dj friend over the weekend, track by track, counting out their number...You know a minute or two of each one? Let's just say we were into double digits and still calling each track exceptional...When I first got it I started sending emails comparing it to the new DePhazz, he nailed it later...It sounds ALLOT like early DePhazz, which is a complement and not a bad thing in this world of plastic.

Page: 1 | 2