Profile for Song Liao > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Song Liao RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Lenovo Thinkpad E545 20B20011US 15.6-Inch Laptop
Lenovo Thinkpad E545 20B20011US 15.6-Inch Laptop
Offered by 17th Street Photo
Price: $389.00
68 used & new from $339.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Merely an adequate replacement for Macbook Pro, June 13, 2014
UPDATE!!!2014-7-24
So far I have used this laptop for a half a year now! It's been so slow and painful, let me retort!

this laptop takes literally more than 2 minutes to start, and after start, it takes another 2 minutes to finish connecting to network and things AND then ready for work.

I have built computer in the past and I don't know if it is the limited competence of 5400rpm hard drive or the Windows 7 itself. (I have removed all the bloatware and there is no speed improvement)

While surfing using Chrome, watching youtube HD video are very laggy!! If I switched tab or windows or other tasks, the video will start lagging right there.

Not to mention programming, it's the most annoying thing when the window freeze when I know I have to get my work done. It's the most this laptop can deliver!

I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS LAPTOP!period

////////////////////////////////////////////
OLD REVIEW
I have to use Visual Studio and other Windows software for my programming class and after the pain and frustration using virtual windows machine and boot camp, I finally decide to get a PC.

Switching from a Mac to Windows is not hard, but adapting to the slowness of this E545 is unbearable, most of the times.
When I open up Elicpse, Photoshop and Chrome, the computer basically starts lagging from there. Sometimes when I switch windows between applications, it freezes up to 10 seconds!! This is very unbearable and frustrating!

I have deleted all the junk bloatware and cleaned the hard drive but saw no improvement.

Another bad thing about my E545 is the screen adjustness doesn't seem to work.

Well, you just have to get along with it. If you have an extra cash, buy a laptop of higher specification.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2014 12:03 AM PDT

Cute 3D Rilakkuma Usb Flash Drive 8 Gb Usb Memory Stick Flash Pen Drive
Cute 3D Rilakkuma Usb Flash Drive 8 Gb Usb Memory Stick Flash Pen Drive
Offered by AaronES
Price: $9.98
8 used & new from $8.54

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute but flash drive broke after 2 weeks, April 6, 2014
USB drive stopped working, it has a burnt smell after once I put into my laptop and I realized this is broken.
Very disappointed on the use.

Xentris 2-Amp Micro-USB Travel Charger - Retail Packaging - Black
Xentris 2-Amp Micro-USB Travel Charger - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $17.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges super fast very nice, April 6, 2014
This is way better than my old charger, it's very easy to use and a USB cable slot to charge another device.

Casio Men's PAG240-1CR "Pathfinder" Triple Sensor Multi-Function Sport Watch
Casio Men's PAG240-1CR "Pathfinder" Triple Sensor Multi-Function Sport Watch
Price: $149.99
17 used & new from $143.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall it's a good product. But some how too complicated for me., November 12, 2012
I was initially looking for a multi-functional watch that has everything that a sports watch has, showing dates, day of the week, a stop watch and also a compass just in case I lost direction in my traveling. And this watch just does FINE! I don't have to worry changing the battery because the power always says it is high!

Everything is good, but for a student like me, the other functions seem to be too much. It's also time-consuming to change to stopwatch mode and change it back.
Another thing I don't like about this watch is the screen brightness in the sun, it's almost impossible to see the numbers at an angle in bright sunlight.

3 stars for the forever lasting power and quality. 1 star for the compass.

Cobra XRS 9945 Voice Alert 15-Band Radar/Laser Detector with Full-Color DataGrafix Display, Digital Compass, and Upgradeable Features

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely useless. I surrender to cops now., November 12, 2012
Why a product like this should exist, I tell you, I was driving 70mph on speed limit 55, and this radar did not catch police until almost I passed him! I got a ticket thanks to this !

The cable is also annoying, it has to be constantly connected to power in order to function.

My fellows, just stick to the speed limit rule, don't try to get 2 minutes out of your one hour drive. You can't fight the system, cops always have better ways to catch speeders.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2012 10:32 AM PST

Ionic New 2014 Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display / Apple iPad Mini 2 Screen Protector Film MATTE (Antiglare) Tablet 4G LTE[with lifetime warranty]
Offered by CrazyOnDigital Corp.
Price: $6.85
2 used & new from $2.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Ipad users! If you like the original texture quality of ipad, read this!, November 12, 2012
This screen cover fits perfectly to ipad mini, I was surprised there is no bubble at all.

However, this ANTIGLARE cover takes away the glass-transparency the original screen was offering.
I feel like typing and swiping across the screen with clearly something that in middle. The cover seems to have its own texture that makes the screen look pixelated!

Also, the screen is not as bright as before! This cover stands in between as an unpleasant animal skin, it does offer the anti glare effect, but in sacrificing the brightness and contrast.

I would not recommend this product if you really love the rich color of your ipad.

Differential Equations and Linear Algebra (3rd Edition)
Differential Equations and Linear Algebra (3rd Edition)
by Stephen W. Goode
Price: $155.53
61 used & new from $119.82

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally horrifying ., September 21, 2010
This book is written in Greeks and none of the examples explained the topic well.
And also, there are numerous mistakes in the answer booklet.

It's my first time frustrating with Math, why? because of this book.
The answer key made me really mad ! for real

Crucial 2GB Single DDR2 667MHz (PC2-5300) CL5 SODIMM 200-Pin Notebook Memory Module CT25664AC667
Price: $26.99
86 used & new from $19.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Just to warn people who wants to upgrade their netbook!, May 7, 2009
Does the upgrade from 1GB to 2GB really help in multitasking? I don't think so! When I open Google Chrome, MSN, thunder(a chinese downloading software) and some other applications in the background, the RAM usage never go beyond 1 GB, but the CPU(Intel Atom N270) is just the weak one that slows all things down. When I try to do the same thing on my old notebook (Celeron M1.73Ghz, 1GB RAM, Intel GMA950), the performance is much better. So the multitasking performance never depends on the memory only, but on CPU, even if you have the strongest Corsair DDR3 4GB memory, it does not make any difference, because the CPU just sucks! And the graphic performance is also no match to my old notebook even they have the same graphic cards. Well, the netbook is not for much multitasking or gaming, this memory is useless per se. I don't recommend you buy it. It only improves your performance psychologically. Understand?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2010 4:24 PM PST

Logitech G5 Laser Mouse (Blue/Black)
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse (Blue/Black)
6 used & new from $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Overally good, but surface somehow gets sticky, May 7, 2009
I've used this mouse for over a month. The buttons on the left are quite useful ( which I changed to "end" and "Ctrl". The only thing I feel bad about this mouse is the sticky surface, whenever my hand gets a little dirty and touches the mouse, the mouse suddenly gets uncomfortable to use. I don't know whether it's my personal issue or what. Overally, this mouse is perfect for gamers. Incredible dpi adjustment and feel.

DLO Jam Jacket Case with Cord Management and Surface Shields for iPod touch 1G (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Bulky Case! Fragile! AND Ugly!, April 14, 2009
The backside for holding earphone just does not fit. And it's just useless and creats a weird feeling everytime you hold your ipod.

Page: 1 | 2