Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Kevin Schmidt > Reviews

Browse

Kevin Schmidt's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Schmidt RSS Feed

Demon's Souls
Demon's Souls
Price: $18.10
131 used & new from $9.87

5.0 out of 5 stars The Update answers common misconceptions, December 17, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Demon's Souls (Video Game)
This game is so difficult I almost destroyed my beloved guitar out of a rage fit. I play alot of games and have purchased games that get sold the next few days (I.E. Dragon Age, Silent Hill: Orgins)but as difficult as this game is there is something else. You will find it in the antmoshpere as many things will scare you only because you dont know what is around the next corner. Haha, the tower knight... my first reaction, HOLY Bleep! HOW IN THE WORLD AM I SUPPOSE TO KILL THIS THING, but everything has a weekness. I remember seeing a quote from Atlas about changing the difficulty when they port it over to America to make it easier... "We are not touching the difficulty, we get off on your tears". This game is artistically done and so much fun. Easily the best game I have ever played despite my repeated words while playing as I was quite frusterated. This isnt just hack and slash too, you will die if you think that. You must time your attacks, parry, counter, use fire items... whatever gets you passed the level. When your in body form... SUMMON SOULS! that is the best and easiest way to get through the level.

Dragon Age: Origins - Playstation 3
Dragon Age: Origins - Playstation 3
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $20.90
166 used & new from $0.49

2.0 out of 5 stars The Facts Not Hype, December 17, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Summary of game-
-The Good:
Okay, Dragon's Age story is really good and the voice acting is ok. You get to create players and experience another type of beginning depending on the character you choose, very cool. Lots of customization with your class but you have to do it pretty wisely as being a jack of all trades character is seriously not recommended. The trailers blew me away but the game didnt live up to the standard that it put forth.

-The Bad:
Alright, on PS3 this game has alot of issues because bioware doesnt care about porting to PS3. So this means there are alot of video issues and glitches. A few in a game is common but there are parts in this game where the screen will go black for an entire section (happened on my buddies game too) and gets quite difficult and annoying to continue to play. This will happen frequently and will plague you throughout your jouney. The graphics were sub-par for a game of this generation I was dissapointed on multiple occasions. Sometimes what a game lacks in graphics can be made up in gameplay. In my personal opinion gameplay wasn't that interesting to keep me overlooking all the video issues. I heard though this game plays great on PC, if you were to ever buy it only consider PC, buying it on PS3 will cause you heartache. You will get alot of other stories but this game was built off of hype and it continues with hardcore bioware fans.

-Alternate Suggestion:
I picked up Demon Souls before this game and was really impressed with the graphics and LITERALLY seemless gameplay. This game is 3 player coop or player vs. player which the other is not, and is highly enjoyable, very slim story line though. Beware though, this game is difficult. Because of the difficulty I cannot tell you what the euphoria of beating the bosses is like it is just too amazing. Even more customization than Dragon Age and a combat system that leaves you asking Bioware, what the heck were you thinking; the combat system in this game is just that great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2009 8:26 PM PST

Dead Space: Downfall [Blu-ray]
Dead Space: Downfall [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Bruce Boxleitner
Price: $13.19
47 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is the relation?, December 4, 2008
I was a huge fan of the Dead Space video game and thought the story line was drawn very well. The graphics were intense along with the creepy suspense that followed you throughout the entire game, which can be very difficult to do with a video game. The prequel on the other hand was a different story. ///SPOILER\\\............It explains that the whole crew is dead but I ALREADY KNEW THAT. It never went off any of the auido logs or the written logs, didn't explain anything and was very poorly drawn. The characters were unbelievable and where were the weapons that were used in the game. I was expecting the prequel also to give background on clarke's girl. That was a very interesting story and would have been great if they included it.///END SPOILER\\\

Summation: Get the game, not the movie.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2010 2:27 PM PDT