Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes
Profile for Pancakes > Reviews

Pancakes' Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pancakes RSS Feed (Mountain Brook, AL)

Ivanka Trump Women's Hadyn Ballet Flat
Ivanka Trump Women's Hadyn Ballet Flat
Price: $64.99 - $129.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Like walking on clouds!, June 29, 2013
I purchased this shoe in the black color in my normal shoe size. Lengthwise, it fits spot on. The width is a little bit narrow; at its widest, it's about 3.25". So, if you have a narrow-medium width foot, it should fit fine. I have a slightly wider than average forefoot (but not wide enough for wide-width shoes), and it's a bit of a tight fit in the toe box. However, this shoe is made of super supple leather, so it does move to accommodate my foot on the sides, it's just not the ideal fit. I do have slightly narrower heels and my heels do not slip.

The insole is where this shoe shines. It is ridiculously padded -- I have never found a pair of flats that are so squishy/cushy. It's like walking on clouds. The sole/heel is fairly thin and will likely have to be replaced before the leather wears out.

If you have a narrow-average foot and are looking for a super comfortable flat that looks quite Parisian-chic in aesthetic, definitely spring for this shoe.

Colosseum Women's Flutter Breeze Shorts, Black, X-Large
Colosseum Women's Flutter Breeze Shorts, Black, X-Large
Price: $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars New favorite running shorts, January 31, 2013
I purchased these primarily because of the ultra short length (I don't like feeling material on my legs when I run), the zipper pocket in the back, and the wide yoga-esque waistband. These are extremely similar to the Lululemon Speed Shorts, if you own a pair. They don't have the ventilation in the back, but otherwise, they are pretty close to identical. As a result, I LOVE these shorts. Fits great, comes in a plethora of colors, and is priced well. They do run a smidge smaller in the waistband compared to the Speed Shorts, but they fit the same around the butt/thighs. For reference, I am 5'7", 130 lbs, and I purchased the medium.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfy, December 29, 2011
I've had these moccasins for many months now, and they appear a bit delicate but they definitely hold up. All of my beading is intact, and the suede hasn't cracked. I am usually between an 8 and 8.5 in shoes, and these fit perfectly at an 8. So if you're in between sizes, definitely buy the smaller size, as the suede will also stretch with wear. I purchased the brown color, which looks exactly as pictured (at least on my monitor). The sole has small nodules on it, so it feels a bit like you're getting a foot massage, particularly on hard surfaces. There is no arch support, but the moccasins are so supple, they form to your foot and I haven't found the need to add any additional insoles. They were as comfy as I hoped they'd be!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2015 8:05 PM PDT

Illustration School:  Let's Draw Cute Animals
Illustration School: Let's Draw Cute Animals
by Sachiko Umoto
Price: $12.01
84 used & new from $5.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and informative, December 29, 2011
I was initially drawn to this book because of the adorable animals both on the cover and inside the book. I'm not a drawing expert, but this book had me producing surprisingly good animals right away! But before she gets into the animals, she tells you, step-by-step, her process in drawing. This helps you understand an easy way to tackle these animals immediately, which is not just extremely helpful, but the author makes you feel like she's right there with you, cheering you on. The author also breaks down each animal into individual steps, complete with adorable sing-song prose that often provides visual cues to help you understand the right shapes to draw (for example, half of a doughnut for a bear's ears). Plus, I think this book is easy enough to grasp that a child (maybe even around 10 years old) could possibly pick this up with great results.

Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home
Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home
by Joanna Copestick
Price: $27.13
95 used & new from $7.91

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but cluttered, November 5, 2011
I would probably give this book 3.5 stars, not 3. It's a book with a lot of advice and a decent variety of decor styles (although many do have an shabby chic undercurrent as some other reviewers noted), but the book is incredibly difficult to read. There's so many pull quotes and sidebars and photo captions and sections within sections (like there's kitchens, then various case studies with their own subsections), it's hard to tell where one idea ends and the other begins. Your eye doesn't know where to land or how to digest the information. I think this could've been easily fixed with layout design.

I also felt that many of these ideas were not feasible for people who are not homeowners (aka people who rent/lease). I know this was not touted as an apartment/rental living book, but it just seemed like you had to make some big changes in materials to achieve the design effects. There was also occasionally some noticeable overlap of information already stated in previous sections of the book (for example, that north-facing rooms look gray if they have white walls...I definitely read that 2-3 times).

But, I did really like the drawn blueprints and information about furniture placement was quite helpful. Most of the spaces shown, also, seem fairly livable, not stark and designer influenced like in many other shelter/home decor books. And although I don't like how it's presented, I do like that there is a lot of information, so you are getting a lot of bang for your buck.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2011 3:17 AM PST

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Series Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Series Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting enough, but clunky and slow at times, April 27, 2011
Although I did enjoy this book in the end, I found myself waiting for it to pick up in the beginning; it didn't until about Chapter 5. At about the halfway point, the book really started to pick up, and it was at that point that I couldn't put it down. The Swedish names are a bit difficult to trudge through, as is the information on the financial aspects of the book. I gave this book 3 stars because the story line was truly clunky at times. And then the end, however, seemed to wrap up too neatly and quickly, and from the torture chamber to the sheep farm, this portion seemed so undeveloped that it was difficult to believe. Although I don't regret picking up this book, I would not read it again.

The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and surprisingly on point, April 25, 2011
There are so many reviews of this book that already say it all. But I will say this: This ought to be required reading for everyone in the world. I honestly think there'd be fewer arguments and the world would be a happier place. This book doesn't just apply to couples -- this would be great for anyone with close friends or relatives, children, basically anyone to whom you show love. The scenarios in this book are truly universal and surprisingly hit home. I honestly believe that everyone who reads this book will come away with at least a little something learned -- for the better. Also, I read this on my Kindle, and the text, layout, etc. are wonderfully clear and well formatted.

Clocky Alarm Clock on Wheels in Almond White
Clocky Alarm Clock on Wheels in Almond White

5.0 out of 5 stars Will get you out of bed!, January 23, 2011
As I'm sure you've seen in various videos around the Internet, Clocky runs away from you, getting you to get out of bed. However, there are a couple of features I didn't know about prior to purchasing Clocky.

- very easy to set up
- runs away without any problem
- can turn wheels off if you don't want Clocky to run away
- can set the amount of time before Clocky runs away. For example, if you set it to 2 minutes, Clocky will stay put after you hit snooze, but 2 minutes later, he'll start back up and this time, run away.
- VERY loud...will get you up even if you don't have him run away!

- backlight only lasts 3 seconds
- loud alarm is definitely loud enough to possibly bother neighbors if you live in an apartment
- can't set more than one alarm at a time. Might have to use your phone for that.

All in all, Clocky is a great product and perfect for setting if you have an important meeting, test, or whatever scheduled the next morning. And note that he takes 4 AAA batteries.