Profile for Joanne Harris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 462

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joanne Harris "Serendipity" RSS Feed (GA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Epson Expression Premium XP-820 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Offered by Asus and Panasonic Specialists
Price: $199.99
4 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson, September 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this printer, and I did not think I would as I was told before by someone I know that Epson was not reliable and the ink is expensive. The ink is pricey but so is all ink. I do not like the different cartridges for the color as they are about $25.00 per color which is too much. However the color is so vibrant that it almost makes up for that. I love the picture quality, but be aware of the amount of ink and the paper needed will add up. This is a smaller printer than my HP but it is very heavy so make sure you have a stable surface to put it on. I love the scan to e-mail feature and everything was super easy to set up including the fax. My HP had a LCD window touch screen as well so I was used to that but it is such a neat feature, and this printer has that as well, even for checking ink levels. I adore the remote WIFI printing from my I-Pad, which again I am used to but this printer also does with no problems. It seems to not hold much paper, so be prepared to fill it often if you print regularly. The quality of print is amazing however, especially the photo printing. The cons are the expensive ink, multiple cartridges for color, the weight and it only hold small amounts of paper. The pros are the easy functionality, the LCD TOUCH SCREEN, the quality of the printing, the quality of the photos, the easy of set up and the wireless printing.

Positive: A Memoir
Positive: A Memoir
by Paige Rawl
Price: $11.10
50 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive, September 29, 2014
This review is from: Positive: A Memoir (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was an excellent and honest heartfelt memoir. I am not a young adult, but this book moved me with the difficult content and hardships this young lady has gone through. Bullying is beyond my scope, as I do not have the ability to understand why and how people bully other people, especially young people and people who are sick or having health issues. I am impressed by and proud of Paige, and I am grateful she could put down on paper what she has been through and how she has come out through it in the end to only be a stronger better person. I hope all the people who have treated her poorly get what is coming to them in this life. I wish her better health and happiness. Staying positive in life is hard for many people, so kudos for her for doing so despite what she has been through.

Farberware New Traditions Speckled Aluminum Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set, Red with Black Handles
Price: $99.95
7 used & new from $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Pans, September 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay I have used this set for over a week now, and I am happy! They are pretty to start off with as they are red speckled with nice handles and 3 accompanying lids. It also came with three utensils, which I needed. They are wonderful to cook with as nothing sticks and everything washes right off the surface. They are smaller pots and pans, which for me is perfect for my family of three. They heat up quick and seem to be evenly distributed in heat across the surface. They are not clunky or heavy in my opinion, which is why I hate cast iron. I have had aluminum before and I am happy with that now as I have been in the past. Over all these are perfect light weight non-stick pans that are not too big and super easy to clean and maintain.

Star Wars Micro Machines III
Star Wars Micro Machines III
Offered by autoandboatwarehouse
Price: $4.95
16 used & new from $4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Micro, September 29, 2014
This review is from: Star Wars Micro Machines III (Toy)
they were cute though smaller then I thought, but still a neat collector's toy and my son loved that they opened and held the little micro machine. Pretty cool and retro since is from I think the 90's or maybe even the 80's. It is made from the same quality toys were made of then and seems pretty sturdy. My little boy liked them, but I can see losing those tiny characters real easily.

K'nex Plants vs. Zombies- Jetpack Zombie Attack Building Set
K'nex Plants vs. Zombies- Jetpack Zombie Attack Building Set
Price: $22.99
8 used & new from $22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars K'NEX, September 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
so many little parts to these K'NEX, ugh. Once they are assembled it seems fun for my little boy, but he can't do it himself and it takes forever! the little characters are cool, and fun for my child. I prefer Lego over all building toys as they are easier to assemble and the direction are easy. This was not easy or simple to understand. I would recommend this to only older kids over 8, and then to those who are skilled builders. Also, once built this one is not too sturdy.

TWININGS Assorted Tea, Herbal, 20-Count (Pack of 6)
TWININGS Assorted Tea, Herbal, 20-Count (Pack of 6)
Price: $22.67
9 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea, September 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have tried the Chamomile and the calming tea, and both tastes great. They are delicious, not bitter like some tea bag brands I have had in the past and steep quickly. I love the packaging and the bags do not leak tea leaves and the package is easy to open. I will try the fruity flavor tonight, but the taste of the first two mentioned are really flavorful and I love them. Tea always calms me so these did as well especially the chamomile.

The Untold
The Untold
by Courtney Collins
Price: $19.86
67 used & new from $5.75

4.0 out of 5 stars The Untold, September 25, 2014
This review is from: The Untold (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had mixed thoughts on this novel as I read the book, and throughout built a liking for Jessie despite at first having a difficult time understanding her character. The main reason I struggled was due to the narration being told from the perspective of her dead child and not from her or a character there in the plot with her. Though, I could surmise that the child was there spiritually. I appreciated the attempt at using the baby as the narrator as that is a unique voice, but at times it was so odd for me I lost my connection to Jessie. However, that being said I loved the book overall and really could sense the environment and characters (other then Jessie for sure), through the writing by Ms. Collins. The scenery and feel for that time era in Australia was spot on, and I could feel Jessie's emotions and see where she was located in my mind. I liked this story and overall recommend the book at four stars.

Take Me With You
Take Me With You
by Catherine Ryan Hyde
Price: $10.99
31 used & new from $8.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Take Me With You, September 22, 2014
This review is from: Take Me With You (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Cathryn Ryan Hyde can definitely pull at the heart strings, as this is my third novel by her and it does just that. A sweet tale of people coming together that would not have ordinarily and who have changed for the better due to the serendipitous meeting, also inserted with a warm and fuzzy animal. I love that she writes people so well, and so realistically and even though her stories are sappy at times they are meaningful. Sometimes sappy is fine by me, and I love good writing regardless. The tale of these boys and man and they way they affect each other is very endearing, and I have to say interesting enough to keep the pages turning. The plot is a little sugary in spots and predictable on some levels but not too much as to ruin the book as a whole. I loved it and recommend Ms. Hyde wholeheartedly, as this is the third four star or higher book for me form her.

Rowenta DW5197 Focus Steam Iron with Stainless Steel Soleplate, 1725 Watt, Purple
Price: $99.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron, September 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think this is the first iron I have ever liked, as I am not fond of ironing but find that I must do so despite my protests. This iron right out of the box is beautiful, (not that beauty really matters) and is not too heavy. So of the irons I have owned in the past that are decent are heavy and hard to maneuver and use. This one glides well, is light weight and can get into any corner of the fabric easily. It cord is designed better and it gets so hot so fast that I find I can iron must faster than I used ot be able to as it also stays hot and steams so well. It does not have an auto shut off, which is a first for me, but I always unplug mine when I am done and do not do massive ironing where I need to iron off and on. I do like it can handle tap water since that is convenient, and it just plainly said irons very well with significant heat and steam. It seems to be well made, as the description on the box saying it is German made, and the appearance is of an iron that looks amazing. I probably will not increase my ironing over this new device, but I am loving it none the less.

Melissa & Doug Farm Friends Hand Puppets
Melissa & Doug Farm Friends Hand Puppets
Price: $19.99
10 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Puppets, September 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love Melissa and Doug toys, as they are made well, simplistic and offer a wide range of educational opportunities for children. These puppets are so cute and they are very well made. They are however smaller than I anticipated, but they are fun none the less. I think puppets are one of the best ways to engage imaginative play in younger children, and these are perfect for boys or girls. My only issue was the size and that is not a deal breaker. They are about 7 inches in length.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20