Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Joanne Harris > Reviews

Browse

Joanne Harris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 626

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joanne Harris "Serendipity" RSS Feed (GA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LeapFrog LeapReader Book Paw Patrol The Great Robot Rescue
LeapFrog LeapReader Book Paw Patrol The Great Robot Rescue
Price: $13.97
5 used & new from $13.97

5.0 out of 5 stars LeapReader, August 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We had the old version of Tag so the LeapReader is really familiar to use, and we love it even more. The sound quality is better, as with the old Tag you could not hear it very well. I love that the books tell the story and have interactive content such as games and questions. The reading process is fun for my six year old with this system, and educational as well. He likes the books he has and the old Tag books work with this new pen. He loves Paw Patrol and enjoyed the Paw Patrol story the most I think. There is a lot of interactive content in the books, and they are all good child appropriate stories with learning incorporated. The audio book and music options are an added bonus, but we have not used those yet. The Pen is easy to set up and no longer takes a battery, but rather has to be charged. I think I am okay with as all of our devices are like that. This is a good value for the money and very well made and thought out. I highly recommend this, and the earlier the better for getting kids into reading.

IONIX Jr. PAW Patrol, Adventure Bay Block Set
IONIX Jr. PAW Patrol, Adventure Bay Block Set
Price: $24.99
7 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Paw Patrol Blocks, August 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are perfect for little ones learning to use legos for the first time with adorable Paw Patrol characters. I am using them for my day care children who are 2 and 3 but my six year old loved them too! They are well made, brightly colored and the characters are very cute and easy to put together. My son loved the whale. These are similar to other brands of building sets, and seem to be of the same quality except the packaging is a little poorly made. They come in a bag with a faded picture on it. Overall though, the bag works for storage. This is well priced and great quality.

LeapFrog Imagicard Letter Factory Adventures Learning Game (for LeapPad tablets)
Price: $19.00
10 used & new from $15.58

5.0 out of 5 stars LeapFrog Imagicard Letter Factory, August 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son loved this game too like another LeapPad Imagicard game!. He has other games he plays on the IPad that you have to take pictures of things to incorporate them into the game, so the Imagicards was something he was familiar with. He loves being able to morph in characters and be different characters himself. He does this for Angry Birds and Sic Bricks, and Lego. The game itself is one of our favorite characterless, which is the Leap Frogs, with letters and spelling as its main focus. It is age appropriate for a 4-7 year old, and my son needs to improve his spelling for school so this game is perfect. The graphics are very nice compared to the older LeapPads, and the sound quality is great. The camera use is easy and my son has no issue with that. For kids not familiar with using a device camera, this is a great way for them to learn that and some basic math. I love that they give you a storage tin for the cards and the game is well thought out and a great price. One other cool aspect as it gradually gets harder as your child gets better at spelling!

LeapFrog Imagicard PAW Patrol Learning Game (for LeapPad tablets)
LeapFrog Imagicard PAW Patrol Learning Game (for LeapPad tablets)
Price: $20.01
9 used & new from $14.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Imagicard by LeapPad, August 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son loved this game!. He has other games he plays on the IPad that you have to take pictures of things to incorporate them into the game, so the Imagicards was something he was familiar with. He loves being able to morph in characters and be different characters himself. He does this for Angry Birds and Sic Bricks, and Lego. The game itself is cute with math as its main focus. It is age appropriate for a 3-6 year old, and he loves Paw Patrol so it is a win win for us. The graphics are very nice compared to the older LeapPads, and the sound quality is great. The camera use is easy and my son has no issue with that. For kids not familiar with using a device camera, this is a great way for them to learn that and some basic math.

LeapFrog Imagicard Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Learning Game (for LeapPad tablets)
Price: $24.99
8 used & new from $20.22

4.0 out of 5 stars LeapFrog TMNT, August 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the first LeapPad game I have seen with cards like this, but my son was in love with the tin and card immediately. My son liked the game even though it was math oriented, which he claims to hate. The game was fun and interactive and the math was not too distracting from the fun so he enjoyed it. It seemed the math was appropriate for his age, as he is six and the game if for 5-8 year old child. He has not really started multiplication or division too much yet, but the adding and subtracting he can do. The number composition and fractions are hard for him but it is presented in an way that makes it easier to learn and understand. You do have to complete each level before you go on so we are going to use this to coincide with his homework as a fun math additive to see if he can complete the level he is on to progress to the next even harder level. He is used to that from his Lego video games that are designed the same way. The graphics are pretty good and the sounds are crisp and fun. This is a fun well designed game that has pretty decent graphics and great math skills incorporated for a good price.

LeapFrog LeapPad Platinum Kids Learning Tablet, Purple
LeapFrog LeapPad Platinum Kids Learning Tablet, Purple
Price: $128.06
12 used & new from $123.99

4.0 out of 5 stars LeapPad, August 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son was so excited to come home from school yesterday and find this here at my house. He has had all the LeapPads before this one so we are very familiar with all of the functions, and this one is better than the previous models. Mostly it responds faster and the screen and graphics are crisper. The sound quality is amazing, and the size of the screen is perfect. He actually likes the purple color. It came with two girl games but he played the Frozen game which he liked, as he loves Olaf. He has a bunch of other leap-pad games which work just fine on this device. We already had a leapfrog account so going to the app store was easy for us. One complaint I will mention is that the digital games are way too expensive. On the I-Pad he can get games for free or under four dollars, but on the leap store they are over 10$ a piece and the cartridges are 19$ usually. Still cheaper than Play Station games however, and for the lack of violent content I am okay paying a little more. The games are educational which I love and he is able to get in the child safe internet and use the camera to film videos. He loves to pretend to be a you-tuber and film himself. I think overall this is a hit, and I am using this as a tool to get him to play educational stuff, and I still let him use the I-Pad as well for fun games. The Leap Pad is a great tool for school and getting kids to do more work after school without realizing they are doing more work! This is a great device for the price and I am a life long Leaf Frog consumer!

Kids First Physics Lab Kit
Kids First Physics Lab Kit
Price: $48.25
10 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Physics Lab, August 15, 2015
This review is from: Kids First Physics Lab Kit (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will first state that my son was too young for this on his own, but with his Dad's help, who uses pyhsics for his everyday job, they had a blast busting this open and making things. My son wanted most of all to make the pulley system and then went about doing that last night. My husband says the directions were okay, but a little confusing, and not even doable by my son (again he is not in the correct age range as he is 6 not 10). My husband said it was pretty understandable over all and they were able to build the pulley and I believe today they will build more. The pieces seem to be well made, and it seems like everything is included you would need which is nice. A lot of science kits require other things you have to have on hand. I like that there is several projects and on different skill levels, so this can last a longer time as my child gets older. I think this kit is amazing for the price and a great introduction to physics.

DII 100% Cotton, Soft, Machine Washable, Everyday Kitchen Basic Waffle Terry Towel 15x26" Set of 4, Aqua
Price: $15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Cotton Towels., August 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are terrible. They do not absorb water and they lose strings everywhere. I have not washed them yet, but the strings are coming off and when I go to wipe up my counter the water just smears. They are a pretty color, but they look and feel cheaply made. I do not recommend.

Geek & Co. Science Rubber Band Racers Kit
Geek & Co. Science Rubber Band Racers Kit
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $17.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Rubber Band Toy, August 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, we tried this last night and though it seemed cool at first it quickly became frustrating, This does take some skill to assemble, and there are five different vehicles to put together. My almost seven year old could not do this on his own, but that is not the fault of the toy since it is meant for 8 and up. However, I had trouble and I am 41, and once assembled the go power was unimpressive. The plane only went for a few feet, and all the parts seems so fragile to me. He thought it was interesting but lost interest pretty quick. I would not recommend for a child under 10, and adult supervision is likely needed. Maybe then it would be more fun. My son did like all the rubber bands though, and he played with them more than the toy. We only assembled the plane, so we will try another item and see if that is any better.

Transformers Robots in Disguise Mega 1-Step Optimus Prime Changer Action Figure
Transformers Robots in Disguise Mega 1-Step Optimus Prime Changer Action Figure
Price: $29.49
8 used & new from $29.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Prime, August 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son loved this Optimus Prime toy. He has loved the Transformers for years and even still now at six he loves them. He likes how simple this is to change, or transform, and the size of him is the largest Prime he has ever owned. He would love this in Megatron as well. It is easy to transform, and the size is very nice at about 14" tall. My son never liked the really complicated transformers that were too difficult to transform and this just takes three steps. It is well made and a good price, so I highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20