Profile for Joanne Harris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 479

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joanne Harris "Serendipity" RSS Feed (GA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dove Go Fresh Cool Moisture Body Wash with Nutrium-Moisture, 34 Fluid Ounce
Dove Go Fresh Cool Moisture Body Wash with Nutrium-Moisture, 34 Fluid Ounce
Price: $12.09
3 used & new from $12.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Dove, October 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This bath gel smells good, cleans well, does not dry out my skin, lather beautifully and best of all comes in a great pump dispenser. I love Dove though I usually use another brand, but this may have switched me over completely. The smell is clean without being too overly strong and it is definitely a lovely smell to have in the shower. This as a note does not work as bubble bath very well, but suffices in a pinch. The pump aspect is perfect as I just reach over and pump the perfect amount into my scrunchie. This is worth the price and since some of the cheaper bath gels like Suave work terribly, it is worth it to me to pay a little more and get great bath gel.

Fisher-Price Little People Birthday Party
Fisher-Price Little People Birthday Party
Price: $19.99
6 used & new from $12.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Birthday Party, October 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Little people and Fisher-Price are always a hit in my home and are all well made toys. The little people have evolved over the years and now look even different from when my 6 year old was a toddler. They are adorable, well made and well thought out. This particular tor is pretty simple but still well done. The birthday cake lights up and plays the happy birthday song. The present opens up to a gift inside of a puppy. My son was disappointed the puppy could not be removed from the platform it was on, but he thought it was cute. This would be a great add on to other little people sets, but as a stand alone toy is a little lacking in playability. I would get this to add to the school or doll house.

The Story of Land and Sea: A Novel
The Story of Land and Sea: A Novel
by Katy Simpson Smith
Price: $19.88
83 used & new from $10.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Land and Sea, October 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not sure why lately a handful of novels are written with different perspectives and time periods but with little comprehensible sequence and sense so that it becomes difficult to follow a story fluidly. I thought that this book was another example of that very issue as I have also found lately in some other books. With that being said this book is still engaging and beautifully written. The characters once you get the hang of the story are very well presented, and the writing is at times amazing. I did not like the way the story was organized and I thought it lacked a little in the history aspect, but that is not a deal breaker for me. I thought the character of the slave Moll was so well written and described, and I loved that aspect and character the most. This novel could have been done slightly different to be less confusing, but I still recommend it to those who like historical fiction and gorgeous prose. I also love any book written about being at sea or sailing.

The Undertaking
The Undertaking
by Audrey Magee
Price: $18.63
56 used & new from $9.48

4.0 out of 5 stars The Undertaking, October 16, 2014
This review is from: The Undertaking (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I found this historical fiction that takes place during war world II relatively engaging to read. I can't say I like Katharina or Peter, but I think there was supposed to that level of detest since Peter was a soldier for the Germans. I did like how they were written however, because the author was able to make me interested in them despite their flaws enough to keep reading to find out what was going to become of them. This is not a light romance to say the least, but I enjoyed this book, especially since I like my books dark. The writing was very well done and the characters well drawn out. I love second world war historical fiction as well as non-fiction, and this one did not disappoint.

Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Price: $21.60
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pillow, October 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the price this pillow is amazing. The memory foam indeed feels great, and the cloth covering is soft. It is very firm and shaped perfect for back or side sleeping. It is the perfect size for my head and my pillow case fits it as well. I slept on it last night and I have no neck or back issue this morning from it. I also used it while reading to prop me up and it was perfect for that as well. I am not sure about the cooling aspect, as I can't say I notice that as a feature as much. It is comfortable, memory foam and soft to touch while being firm. Perfect and only about $20!

Spin Master Games - Shark Mania Board Game
Spin Master Games - Shark Mania Board Game
Price: $19.99
10 used & new from $16.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Shark Mania, October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was so much fun for my six year old! He loves sharks so this was a no brainer for me to get and review. It is a long board game, as in inches not time consuming so be prepared to make room for this on the floor or a table. The play is simple as you are trying to beat a shark to the end of the board, while opting to pick up coins that can slow you down. My son squealed, which may be a bad side to this game, when the shark got to him or close to him. The set up and clean up is easy and playability is simple for the young age group to understand. It seems to be pretty well made and most of all it is fun! I like the involved board game similar to mouse trap which is a pain to set up and this one is easy!

The Paris Winter: A Novel
The Paris Winter: A Novel
by Imogen Robertson
Price: $19.25

4.0 out of 5 stars The Paris Winter, October 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoyed this book more than I expected that I would since I usually get bored with historical fiction that takes place in the early 20th century. This story was not the mystery I thought it would be, but it was still interesting and well written. The parts of the story that detailed art were especially fascinating to me, and I loved the characters Ms. Robertson created. I loved Maud, and felt for her situation and I liked her dynamic with Tanya. I did not find this book to be suspenseful though, rather more a character novel with very well written environmental descriptions as well as painting descriptions. I had no issue picturing things in my head, but as far as page turning I would have to say that was not the case for me. I would recommend for someone who likes slower paced historical fiction with a light suspenseful feeling.

Ten Timid Ghosts (Read With Me Paperbacks)
Ten Timid Ghosts (Read With Me Paperbacks)
by Jennifer Barrett O'Connell
Price: $3.26
129 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Timid Ghosts, October 10, 2014
My son loved this story, and he is six. It was well drawn and the combination of rhyming and numbers was adorable. This is a great Halloween book to teach the numbers but also for those that know them already, it is just fun.

Fives and Twenty-Fives
Fives and Twenty-Fives
by Michael Pitre
Price: $17.08
82 used & new from $11.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Fives and Twenty-Fives, October 9, 2014
This review is from: Fives and Twenty-Fives (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I seem to not be able to get enough of fiction and non-fiction accounts of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think it is because I myself will never be able to experience war and combat that I am uniquely and morbidly curious. I had trouble with the alternating time frames and viewpoints, but though it do not prefer that all the time in a novel I still found myself riveted by this story of Lieutenant Donavan, Doc Pleasant and Kateb. This book is written by a clearly experienced writer, in both his experience as a soldier and by his writing skills demonstrated in this book. He was able, though in a confusing order, make me feel each of these characters and what war and leaving war are all about. I do wish it was a little less discombobulated in how he presented the changing first person view points and time changes, but I recommend this heartfelt novel

Mega Bloks SpongeBob Krusty Krab Attack
Mega Bloks SpongeBob Krusty Krab Attack
Price: $29.99
14 used & new from $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sponge Bob, October 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
mM son loves Sponge Bob so to preface this review it gets three stars at least due to that. This Mega Block set is my son's favorite right now as he loves the Krusty Krab and he thinks the little burgers and grill are the end all to be all, This assembly does take quite a while and is a bit tedious ( he could not do it on his own) but fun to play with for my 6 year old once finished. My son absolutely went crazy over this set and really loves the characters and the details in the Krab. The quality is not as nice as Lego, but it is not sub par enough to be a real issue. The cool aspect is the Legos and Mega Blocks work together. Over all this is a great building set fof sponge bob fans and will require adult assistance unless your child is over I would say 8. I think this is a nice building set pretty comparable to Lego and my sons loves it, so it is high;y recommended.The one star loss is just for the building factor.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20