Profile for Joanne Harris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 483

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joanne Harris "Serendipity" RSS Feed (GA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
InStyler Max 2-Way Rotating Iron, Black, 1-1/4 Inch
InStyler Max 2-Way Rotating Iron, Black, 1-1/4 Inch

3.0 out of 5 stars Instyler, October 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This seems like a nice hair curler, but for me this one does not work well at all. It gets too hot, and I thought I would like that but it rotates so burning myself was too easy, and it is too awkward to use in my opinion. It gets really hot and very fast so if that is what you want then you will like it. The directions say you can't set it on the counter and to wash your hands after use, so I am not sure what that is all about but I do not like those aspects. It does do the job intended pretty well with my hair which is thick and wavy, but the awkwardness and fear of getting burned do not outweigh the job it does on my hair. I would also think if you have thin hair this would be a useless product as it would probably be too much for thin hair. It has a pretty thick barrel, and I do not like the rotating aspect at all. This is not recommended from me and for the price definitely not a value.

84, Charing Cross Road
84, Charing Cross Road
by Helene Hanff
Price: $10.30
214 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, October 25, 2014
This review is from: 84, Charing Cross Road (Paperback)
This was read in about one hour in it's entirety and I wish it had been longer. This was simple charming and touching. I loved the letters and felt the kindred spirit feeling of Helen and Mr. Doel. I think this was so simple but so powerful, and it touched me. I think it was short but had it been too long it would have perhaps lost some of it's charm. This is a delightful read about people corresponding over the years and a shared love of books.

A Sudden Light: A Novel
A Sudden Light: A Novel
by Garth Stein
Price: $18.86
93 used & new from $10.57

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sudden Light, October 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It is confirmed now that I love Garth Stein, since his book The Art Of Racing In The Rain was so phenomenal and in my opinion so is this novel, A Sudden Light. They are of course two different animals, but such talented writing comes from Mr. Stein. His characters are so well written, and in this book Trevor is so endearing to me as is that house. I found this book to be spooky but mostly heartwarming. I also got the same feeling from his other novel, but the creativity in this about the house Trevor is in and what happens (which I will not say to avoid spoilers), is so tangible to me I feel like I was there with Trevor. I highly recommend this book along with whatever else Garth Stein writes, as he creates such wonderful stories that engage with the most real and endearing characters. I mean the last character in his previous book that stole my heart was a dog! Trevor will steal your heart as well.

Kindle Voyage, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers
Price: $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Voyage, October 22, 2014
So far so awesome. My screen is not only not flawed but gorgeous. It is crisp, clear and the letters are black. I see no unevenness, clouding or gray font. I could care less about the audiobook element not being there, as I listen to my books on my I-phone. The page turns are fast, and I love the page turn on the edge. I love the edge to edge and the size is perfect for me. I can hold it in one hand, and I think it is perfect to read on. It is beautiful, light weight and absolute perfect for me in every way. I have only had it for a couple of days so I will report back if I have any issues. In my opinion this is worth the price I paid.

Dove Go Fresh Cool Moisture Body Wash with Nutrium-Moisture, 34 Fluid Ounce
Dove Go Fresh Cool Moisture Body Wash with Nutrium-Moisture, 34 Fluid Ounce
Offered by mg3motown
Price: $30.95
3 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Dove, October 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This bath gel smells good, cleans well, does not dry out my skin, lather beautifully and best of all comes in a great pump dispenser. I love Dove though I usually use another brand, but this may have switched me over completely. The smell is clean without being too overly strong and it is definitely a lovely smell to have in the shower. This as a note does not work as bubble bath very well, but suffices in a pinch. The pump aspect is perfect as I just reach over and pump the perfect amount into my scrunchie. This is worth the price and since some of the cheaper bath gels like Suave work terribly, it is worth it to me to pay a little more and get great bath gel.

Fisher-Price Little People Birthday Party
Fisher-Price Little People Birthday Party
Price: $19.99
8 used & new from $8.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Birthday Party, October 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Little people and Fisher-Price are always a hit in my home and are all well made toys. The little people have evolved over the years and now look even different from when my 6 year old was a toddler. They are adorable, well made and well thought out. This particular tor is pretty simple but still well done. The birthday cake lights up and plays the happy birthday song. The present opens up to a gift inside of a puppy. My son was disappointed the puppy could not be removed from the platform it was on, but he thought it was cute. This would be a great add on to other little people sets, but as a stand alone toy is a little lacking in playability. I would get this to add to the school or doll house.

The Story of Land and Sea: A Novel
The Story of Land and Sea: A Novel
by Katy Simpson Smith
Price: $19.88
94 used & new from $6.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Land and Sea, October 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not sure why lately a handful of novels are written with different perspectives and time periods but with little comprehensible sequence and sense so that it becomes difficult to follow a story fluidly. I thought that this book was another example of that very issue as I have also found lately in some other books. With that being said this book is still engaging and beautifully written. The characters once you get the hang of the story are very well presented, and the writing is at times amazing. I did not like the way the story was organized and I thought it lacked a little in the history aspect, but that is not a deal breaker for me. I thought the character of the slave Moll was so well written and described, and I loved that aspect and character the most. This novel could have been done slightly different to be less confusing, but I still recommend it to those who like historical fiction and gorgeous prose. I also love any book written about being at sea or sailing.

The Undertaking
The Undertaking
by Audrey Magee
Price: $18.63
59 used & new from $7.82

4.0 out of 5 stars The Undertaking, October 16, 2014
This review is from: The Undertaking (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I found this historical fiction that takes place during war world II relatively engaging to read. I can't say I like Katharina or Peter, but I think there was supposed to that level of detest since Peter was a soldier for the Germans. I did like how they were written however, because the author was able to make me interested in them despite their flaws enough to keep reading to find out what was going to become of them. This is not a light romance to say the least, but I enjoyed this book, especially since I like my books dark. The writing was very well done and the characters well drawn out. I love second world war historical fiction as well as non-fiction, and this one did not disappoint.

Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Price: $21.60
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pillow, October 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the price this pillow is amazing. The memory foam indeed feels great, and the cloth covering is soft. It is very firm and shaped perfect for back or side sleeping. It is the perfect size for my head and my pillow case fits it as well. I slept on it last night and I have no neck or back issue this morning from it. I also used it while reading to prop me up and it was perfect for that as well. I am not sure about the cooling aspect, as I can't say I notice that as a feature as much. It is comfortable, memory foam and soft to touch while being firm. Perfect and only about $20!

Spin Master Games - Shark Mania Board Game
Spin Master Games - Shark Mania Board Game
Price: $19.99
17 used & new from $17.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Shark Mania, October 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was so much fun for my six year old! He loves sharks so this was a no brainer for me to get and review. It is a long board game, as in inches not time consuming so be prepared to make room for this on the floor or a table. The play is simple as you are trying to beat a shark to the end of the board, while opting to pick up coins that can slow you down. My son squealed, which may be a bad side to this game, when the shark got to him or close to him. The set up and clean up is easy and playability is simple for the young age group to understand. It seems to be pretty well made and most of all it is fun! I like the involved board game similar to mouse trap which is a pain to set up and this one is easy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20