Profile for Eagle Vision > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 586

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eagle Vision RSS Feed (Southeastern United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Motorola SCOUTTRAINER25 No Bark Dog Collar with Remote Training
Motorola SCOUTTRAINER25 No Bark Dog Collar with Remote Training
Offered by Quantum Wireless
Price: $99.99
29 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Entry level training for your pet, May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an entry level training device for your canine friend.

It includes the collar, the remote, and the batteries for each, respectively. The remote has a backlit display, and there are two modes: Tone and static correction.

When I used this device for barking, I only needed to use tone. I was already training my pets with the other model by Motorola, already.

The convenience of water resistance of the collar, and the ability to replace the batteries is a plus. I found the lack of vibration option to be a negative for me.

The remote is well constructed, lightweight and comfortable in hand.

It's a good system.

Motorola SCOUTTRAINER50 Rechargeable Advanced Remote Training System with 3  Training Modes and Verbal Correction using Push-to-Talk Feature
Motorola SCOUTTRAINER50 Rechargeable Advanced Remote Training System with 3 Training Modes and Verbal Correction using Push-to-Talk Feature
Price: $179.99

Collar device
AC adapter
Batteries for remote

Use

The collar and remote are already paired but this can recognize additional collars, if needed. There are three forms of correction: a beep, vibration and a low level shock. My dogs responded to the beep and vibration so no higher correction was needed. I was using this system for problems with barking at guests and at night. It worked very well for us. At least the barks are more of growls as opposed to incessant barking.

There is a one way communicator device but I found that it only confused my dogs. The sound quality of the voice from the receiving end was similar to a low end Walkie talkie. The remote has a backlit display and the controls are intuitive to use. There is a clip that can attach to a leash.

The collar is not recommended for more than 12 hours of use. I didn't leave the collars on when they get into their crates for sleeping.

XSories Small Universal Capxule Soft Case for All Compact Digital, GoPro, Action Sports Cameras (Black)
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good semi-rigid case for small portable electronics., May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Whether you are transporting your Go Pro, digital camera, or even a laser rangefinder, on the move, this is a solid solution for safe transportation.

The case is semirigid which should withstand light trauma or short drops. The lid has an ample sized pocket for identification cards, cables, memory cards or spare batteries inside the case. A removable web backed by Velcro can firmly attached your devices with elastic straps. I can fit my Go Pro, LCD back, spare batteries and waterproof housing and charging cables easily.

The only carrying strap is on the top, and there isn't a belt loop; however, they did include a carabiner for hanging onto a backpack. The case isn't waterproof or water resistant but it is splashproof for light to minimal water exposure.

It's a good setup for really any kind of light or compact electronic gadgets.

Monster SuperStar BackFloat High Definition Bluetooth Waterproof Floating Speaker - Black and Light Blue
Price: $149.95
5 used & new from $139.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable speakers for outdoor use., May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have the Monster Superstar, which I carry daily with me to work. This is the water resistant version. Secured by a silicone sleeve, the micro USB input and the headphone jack are protected when going into the water. As the manufacturer suggests, the best sound is standing upright. However, the fun is when you take this into the hot tub, shower, bath or pool. It is not intended for saltwater so it won't be going into the water at the beach or into my saltwater swimming pool.

After charging the speakers, I turned it on, and I activated pairing mode. Once that initial step is done, it will pair with any recognized Bluetooth device upon powering up.

The sound is vibrant for a portable set of speakers and the base is strong. Setting it into the water, the sound quality does tend to diminish in that position but it is not bad. Splashing water onto the speakers tends to make the sound less efficient and it tends to have a muted sound. Inverting the speakers don't help, either. It takes inverting the speakers onto a dry towel, which restores its sound quality. The speakers can momentarily become submerged but once the passive radiator gets wet, the user has to blog it dry. The speakers work well in a tub or shower, also. Battery life on a single charge is six hours.

The accessories include a drawstring case and USB charging cable. There isn't an AC adapter.

Overall I am pleased with it. Though it cannot going into a saltwater pool, it can resist splashes from being poolside. Sound is vibrant as long as it isn't waterlogged.

Two thumbs up.

Minoxidil for Men 5% Extra Strength Hair Regrowth for Men, 12 Month Supply
Minoxidil for Men 5% Extra Strength Hair Regrowth for Men, 12 Month Supply
Offered by 2 Guys
Price: $49.50
10 used & new from $41.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me. My receding hairline is returning to more hair., May 23, 2015
I was starting to see my hair recede slightly in the past year or two. I had some reservations after ready some of the reviews; however, I know it works in some people so I decided to give it a try.

Since my hair is only receding along the right and left side of my Widow's peak, I only applied it to those regions. After just 2 weeks I begin to see small hair begin to populate. By four weeks, I noticed more hair along my receding hairline coming back. Now, it has been two months and I'm starting to see growth of hair along both sides very noticeably.

I didn't experience the itch or dander personally. So I have been quite pleased.

This package comes with two boxes for a total of 6 months. There is a medicine dropper that allows easy application. There is no odor or perfume in the solution.

If you can catch your hair receding early, I think it will help you best. I cannot attest for the benefit when hair has been absent for some period of time. I will presume hair will go away if the product is not continued.

Linksys AC1200 Amplify Dual Band High-Power Wi-Fi Range Extender with Intelligent Spot Finder Technology and AC Pass Thru (RE6700)
Price: $119.99
18 used & new from $115.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple product to configure. Improved signal strength., May 14, 2015
Setup

Set up is very simple and user friendly. Simply plug the unit into an outlet,and when the indicator light stops flashing, connect to the device through Wi-Fi. The next screen takes you to whether your signal is optimal or out of range. If you are out of range,then simply reposition it to another location. One of the best advantages is the ability to use a smartphone, tablet or notebook. Other extenders require a laptop to connect by using a cable attachment.

Signal has definitely increased within the basement. Range outside of the house is not as strong as my other extenders, though.

The beauty of this design, as opposed to others is the outlet is not lost. Additionally, you are able to stream music if you desire using an additional configuration; for which I deferred.

Overall,I am happy with the strength of signal and extending capabilities from within the house. It didn't give me much range beyond the house,though.

BLU Star 4.5 Design Edition US GSM - Unlocked (Grey
BLU Star 4.5 Design Edition US GSM - Unlocked (Grey
Price: $79.99
5 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent entry level smartphone, May 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a complete package. The makers supply a protective case and screen cover, the USB cable and charger. However, it does not have a SIM Card or additional memory card. One of the biggest advantages that this model has over the iPhone is the ability to expand memory with a memory card (up to 64 GB over the 512 MB of internal memory). My memory card for 64 GB was only $30.

The phone runs on an Android OS and navigation is very intuitive for me. There are three buttons below the screen for returning home, opening the settings and the back button. Screen swipes reveal the various apps. What I like about the screen configuration is that you can put the Application icons in specific locations, as opposed to the way the iOS does it. Apps are purchased through Google.

Call quality on both ends is excellent, as is the case on my other BLU Selfie phone.

Camera size and ergonomics are excellent. There is a dedicated camera button, volume button and power button. The camera picture quality is only 5 MP and the front facing camera is only VGA quality. There are integrated features for modifying photos with included filters and settings, such as Sepia, mono, negative, blackboard and whiteboard. I do wish those options were available through the main screen, as opposed to a submenu. There are 2 modes that beat the iPhone: 1) Multiangle mode 2) Panoramic mode (vertical and horizontal). I noticed no shutter lag with either the front or rear facing camera.

One thing that I tend to notice on most mobile devices is that the smartphones tend to get warm or even mildly hot with heavy WIFI/Wireless use. This unit does not have that issue.

Overall, this is still a good value for an entry level smart phone.

Overall, I am very pleased with the performance of this camera.

Two thumbs up!

BLU Selfie US GSM - Unlocked (White Gold)
BLU Selfie US GSM - Unlocked (White Gold)
Price: $239.85
5 used & new from $239.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great smartphone!, May 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a complete package. The makers supply a protective case and screen cover, earphones/FM radio antenna, the USB cable and charger. However, it does not have a SIM Card or additional memory card. One of the biggest advantages that this model has over the iPhone is the ability to expand memory with a memory card (up to 64 GB over the 16 GB of internal memory).

Call quality on both ends is excellent.

I was amazed at the image quality on the camera. The pictures are crisp and colorful. There is flash on the front and rear facing cameras. I noticed shutter lag on the screen facing camera. One nice touch on running the video recording is that the user can zoom in or zoom out as the recording is being performed. There are integrated features for modifying photos with included filters and settings, such as Sepia, mono, negative, blackboard and whiteboard. I do wish those options were available through the main screen, as opposed to a submenu. There are 2 modes that beat the iPhone: 1) Multiangle mode 2) Panoramic mode (vertical and horizontal).

I did not use the integrated FM radio since I use Amazon Prime radio stations; however, that is a nice feature where signal may not be ideal.

Overall, I am very pleased with the performance of this camera.

Two thumbs up!

Ivy Terrace IVTD212BL Classics Bar Arm Chair, Black
Ivy Terrace IVTD212BL Classics Bar Arm Chair, Black
Price: $294.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set of chairs., May 4, 2015
I bought these chairs to match the Ivy Terrace rocking chairs. We have a deck with a bar-type slate table that overlooks the mountains, forest, pool and pond.

Assembly was a bit frustrating since the instructions were not clear with respect to the supports, nor were they marked. Through trial and error, I finally got them out together.

I used a manual screwdriver for the supports and an electric screwdriver for the rest. Assembly time took 30 minutes each chair. They're not as easy to assemble as the rocking chair.

Construction is solid. A few times I scratched the surface assembling it, but it buffed off with my finger. These are very comfortable and stable. The arm rests and the foot rests are comfortable.

Overall, apart from assembly, I'm very pleased and I ordered a third one for the bar-table. The price is competitive when conspired to the Polywood and Trex brand which are essentially the same thing. It's made in the USA. Two thumbs up!

This has a 20 year warranty.

Ivy Terrace IVR100BL Classics Rocker Chair, Black
Ivy Terrace IVR100BL Classics Rocker Chair, Black
Price: $299.99
7 used & new from $253.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid chair with excellent materials at a competitive price, May 4, 2015
I purchased three of these rocking chairs to replace wooden rocking chairs that I purchased from Lowes. The conventional wood rockers just don't stand up to the harshness of weather. My deck material is made of Trex and requires virtually no maintenance, finishing or upkeep at all; therefore, I figured that the chairs of the same material would be the same. I am always weary when I see a price differential since the Trex company version is $50 more, and the Polywood brand is $30 more. I paid $280 give or take with shipping from Amazon. Retail price in the store is $75 to $100 more in a showroom. I deliberated for some time and decided to proceed after weighing the pros and cons and reading reviews of different products.

Assembly:
The chair comes in 9 separate pieces. It is supplied with the tools needed to put this together. However, using the tools provided,mwhich is just a T-wrench and a lot of elbow grease, will take you a long time to assemble. Next, there is some flex of the material and fitting is going to take some work on your part since the slots become a challenge to fit the pieces together.

My solution was to use my Bosch Wireless screwdriver and a rubber mallet. Placing one half of the chair onto the floor, I aligned the chair back, chair header, seat, front and rear supports while manually flexing them and using my rubber mallet to put the components into their respective slots. Then I proceeded to do the same with the opposite half of the chair, again flexing the components as necessary to get a close fit, followed by using my mallet to ensure that each piece fit into the respective slots. Once, this was achieved, and I was sure that everything was in the proper place, I then used my power screwdriver on one half of the chair to secure them in place. Gently, flipping the chair onto the opposite side, I placed the other screws into the slots, maintaining alignment with the predrilled holes, I secured the other side.

Placing the rocker bottoms may require an adjustment since the alignment of the holes may not be correct from the factory. I place the respective two screws and check alignment into the predrilled holes on the bottom of the chair, and found on all of the three chairs, that the alignment was off by just enough that the slots and the screws did not match entirely. So, I take the rocker bottom off of the bottom of the chair with the screws in place, and gently tap the screws towards the center of rocker bottom to adjust the alignment. Then, I place the rocker bottom back onto the chair bottom to recheck alignment, once again. Once properly aligned, I secure the screws into place.

Construction and design

These chairs are very well made. The finish is softer to the touch, and unlike conventional wood, they will not splinter, crack, fade, or be prone to the harshness of the temperature fluctuations of nature. It is also resistant to the insects since it is not an organic material.

The chair is very comfortable and it is solid in feel. The weight is at least two times that of conventional wood. My wife was very impressed with how comfortable and solid the chairs felt. Rocking the chair is stable, and it is well aligned when assembled, moving smoothly on the rocker bottom. The design and feel is identical to what I have tried by Trex and Polywood in their showroom.

The fit and finish are identical. The product is manufactured in the United States. I find no discernible flaws in the chairs, and I'd gladly buy more for other locations on our property. Two thumbs up.

This has a 20 year warranty.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20