Profile for Eagle Vision > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 561

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eagle Vision RSS Feed (Southeastern United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
FurReal Friends Get Up and GoGo My Walkin Plush Pup Pet
FurReal Friends Get Up and GoGo My Walkin Plush Pup Pet
Price: $54.99
17 used & new from $45.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing design and features make this a fail., September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter loves these robotic pets.

The dog doesn't look like a read dog but it has some degree of semblance to a Bichipoo, Maltipoo, or hybrid thereof. The pet has a leash that is moves the dog forward. The dog doesn't move in other directions (right, left or backwards) which is kind of odd. It responds to petting on the head by stopping. The head and tail articulate. It barks and responds to the user's voice. However, it doesn't sit down.

An added bonus is that it interacts with the free app on the iTunes store. There are a few games that the user can use to progress and get more functionality. My daughter found the App to be more interesting than the dog itself.

As the dog/pet moves, there is a noticeable mechanical sound. It is well made and sturdy in construction.

Overall, it's an acceptable toy for someone in the younger age groups but it's not very functional apart from the App.

Black Rack - Deer Rattling Antlers w/ Instructional video
Black Rack - Deer Rattling Antlers w/ Instructional video
Offered by ISN Outdoors
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Git 'er Done!, September 16, 2014
Draw in them bucks and you won't need luck.

Different sounds draw your prey near you. I like my flex tone deer call but this is an added advantage of bringing in the bucks. The black antlers are for OUR safety so that a hunter doesn't mistake us for a buck and puts a 30-06 right in the user's chest; plus the orange vest should also be another indicator.

The antlers are compact, lightweight, and convey the noise very well. The instructional video and YouTube are very helpful on mimicking bucks asserting themselves for breeding.

Like another commented upon, they do have an awful artificial small that needs to air out, after rinsing.

They're durable for casual dropping. Overall, it gives the user a good advantage out in the field.

Flextone All-N-One Deer Call
Flextone All-N-One Deer Call
Price: $13.99
19 used & new from $8.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound like deer and bring 'em near, September 16, 2014
This is a soft pliable call with an internal reed. Depending upon what you plan to mimick: a buck, young buck, doe, or fawn, you press the designated letter down and blow. You can do grunts, bleats, and other calls. The design is weather resistant and will withstand rain, varying temperatures or snow.

There is a neck strap to keep from losing the call.

It has worked for me with regards to does and bucks. The learning curve is not as steep and the directions are adequate for learning the operation. Watching videos on YouTube are also helpful for a guide to mimick.

Overall, I'm pleased with the call. It has many functions over other calls, giving it a lot of flexibility and utility in the field.

Highly recommend.

H.S. Strut Push Button Yelper Turkey Call by Hunter's Specialties
H.S. Strut Push Button Yelper Turkey Call by Hunter's Specialties
Price: $9.96
14 used & new from $8.52

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use but not as realistic as alternatives for calling turkeys, September 16, 2014
This is a simple call to operate. Just by pushing the Rod into the box in different patterns, you can make different calls such as cuts or yelps. However, the call just doesn't sound as robust or realistic as a slate or conventional box call.

Its advantage for one handed operation is offset by the less effective sound it makes. Unfortunately, this is more of a design flaw that I will have to refrain from using this particular call.

Primos Power Crow Call
Primos Power Crow Call
Price: $12.93
44 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great turkey locator, September 16, 2014
This review is from: Primos Power Crow Call (Sports)
I have crows all throughout my area and property. Luckily, I'm able to mimick the crow calls very well.

This is a two piece system where the reed can be removed and cleaned. Volume is dictated by the speed by which you blow brought the call. Pitch is controlled by biting down on the mouthpiece. You can muffle the sound by placing your hand over the bell. The learning curve is not has steep as the barred owl call.

It has a notch for a string but it didn't include a neck strap.

With enough practice, you can mimick the crow call and also succeed in locating the Jake in the Spring.

Knight and Hale Knight Owl Turkey Call (Aluminum Owl Call)
Knight and Hale Knight Owl Turkey Call (Aluminum Owl Call)
Price: $16.68
13 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shock locator for the Spring Gobbler, September 16, 2014
This is an Owl call for shocking gobblers in the spring. It requires a two handed operation. Using one hand to create a vacuum around the end, and putting your fingers across your cupped hand is essential to making this work. It takes a good degree of practice and watching a few YouTube videos helps a lot. In addition, I use a bird app on my iPhone and iPad to listen to a barred owl call.

The body is made of Alumnium and has a neck strap. After a great deal of practice, I've been able to mimick the barred owl, very well.

If done incorrectly, you'll sound more like a quacking duck.

If done correctly, you will get an answer from an owl, or better yet, be able to locate the Jake in the woods.

SOGFari 18 in. Machete, Black Kraton Handle, Black Blade
SOGFari 18 in. Machete, Black Kraton Handle, Black Blade
Offered by Best Service Stores
Price: $29.64
14 used & new from $24.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts through weeds, tall grasses, and thin branches, like Buttah!, September 16, 2014
I have been looking for a machete that was useful for around my property in the mountains. There are a lot of tall weeds, and some thin branches that get in the way, along my trails.

This has a CroMoly blade which has been durable for an afternoond of cutting through tall grass, and very thin tree limbs. I cut through wet and dry grasses without any problems. A quick strike through is all I needed to cut.

The saw blades are actually functional, unlike some other "Tacticool" blades on the market. The handles are a polymer and are quite comfortable for handling the blade. The weight and balance are excellent.

It is accompanied by a canvas handle with a belt strap for hiking or long walks (where legal).

After cutting for an afternoon, I checked the blade edge for dull areas or bends in the blade, and I found none. I sharpen it using my Apex Pro Edge knife sharpening set. It's too cumbersome for a Lansky system.

Overall, I'm pleased with this general purpose machete.

PowerBlock Small Column Stand (Silver)
PowerBlock Small Column Stand (Silver)
Price: $132.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have accessory for Powerblock dumbells, September 15, 2014
I acquired this set for my Powerblock Sport set. Despite the smaller size, I feel more comfortable with the dumbells set aside and away from the chance of tripping over the dumbells.

Assembly of this stand is much easier and takes only 15 minutes. You only need a Phillips screwdriver. The adhesive matt is easier to apply than for the larger stand.

It's an appropriate height for reaching the weights without increasing the chance of back injury. The stand is sturdy and stable. The styling is consistent with my other stand for my original Pro Rexan 95 pound weights.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the design, functionality and convenience of storage. It's a must have for a set of Powerblock dumbells up to 45 pound weights (for each hand).

PowerBlock Large Column Stand (Silver)
PowerBlock Large Column Stand (Silver)
Price: $133.07
5 used & new from $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stand for Powerblocks, up to 95 pounds, September 15, 2014
Assembly time: 20 minutes

Tools needed: Phillips Screwdriver

Assembly: There are four main pieces that are secured by a screw and locking nut. Assembly is straightforward, though applying the adhesive takes a bit of skill to align properly. The hardest one of the adhesive tapes is the one for the adder weights that must be placed in a rectangular slot.

Use:

The stand is sturdy enough for 95 pound weighted dumbells. The adder weight slots are convenient for storage, also. Removal of the weights, and adjusting the magnetic inserts is easy while still mounted on the stand.

The non-slip tape gives more stability. The height of the stand is appropriate for minimizing back strain versus picking them up from the ground.

The convenience of the stand frees up even more space for my home gym from unsafe clutter. The stand is stable for minimizing accidents, also.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. In fact, I acquired another stand for our Powerblock Sport Set, too.

PowerBlock Classic EZ Curl Bar
PowerBlock Classic EZ Curl Bar
Price: $142.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Great adjunct to your powerblocks., September 15, 2014
I have the Powerblocks Pro Rexan Set which is the original set. One major limitation for me is that the adder weights are too long for the handles to close/secure the cylinder adder weights.

Assembly is awkward, given the tight fit. It takes a few times to get the grips aligned when tightening.

For the use, it's stable when using no weights or adding the Powerblock weights. The grips on the EZ Curl are identical in size to conventional gym equipment. However, it only accommodates for powerblocks. Depending upon the set you have, you can use the stickers to show the weights of your particular set.

I would recommend checking the nut assembly before each use to prevent getting injured. I may even consider using some Blue Loktite on the screws.

Overall, I am pleased with my EZ Curl bar.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20