Profile for Eagle Vision > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 564

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eagle Vision RSS Feed (Southeastern United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
24 - Pc. Buffalo Bob's Wild Game Jerky
24 - Pc. Buffalo Bob's Wild Game Jerky
Offered by Jerky-N-Spice
Price: $37.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great snack for the adventurous, September 26, 2014
This is a randomly organized jerky pack with meat sticks. The various types of game include Elk, Alligator, Ostrich, Kangaroo, Antelope, Wild Boar, and Buffalo. The other meats include standard Beef, also.

Flavors will vary but can include Cajun Spice, Pemmican, Peppered, Smoked and Barbecue flavors.

The taste varies more upon the spice rather than the featured Wild Game which is intermixed with beef.

The packs are fresh and I haven't come across one that was stale in flavor. Overall, I'm a repeat customer of this particular item.

I enjoy these on a daily basis. For the adventurous, this is a great snack.

Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set: Two WeMo Smart Light Bulbs and WeMo Link to Control Multiple WeMo Bulbs from Anywhere, Wi-Fi Enabled (F5Z0489)
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for home automation, September 26, 2014
Operating system:
iOS 8.0.2
WIFI system: Apple Airport Extreme

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

Two LED light bulbs (60 Watt equivalent)
WeMo Link

Setup

Download WeMo application for the Apple AppStore. Plug in the WeMo Link. Install the light bulbs into your desired location. Find the WeMo network on your WIFI setup in General Settings. Open the WeMo app.

Use

This allows a user to have self automation for LED lighting in the house. The application/WeMo module allows for the user to control lights through their wireless device, such as an iPad or iPhone. The power to the light has to be ON or the control will not work. The tradeoff is the ability to do a remote control when you're away.

I have adopted the use of LED lighting throughout my house, already, as well as Control 4 control of outdoor lighting, security, televisions, stereo, surround sound and air conditioning/climate control.

The beauty/advantage of this system is that the WeMo system has the ability to control other devices such as a Crock Pot Slow Cooker, Holmes Heater, Holmes Humidifier, Mr. Coffee Brewer, Holmes Air Purifier, and WeMo Light Switches. Home automation is becoming a big part of people's daily lives. This is a great start with the lighting since it is helpful for home security and safety.

Light bulb functions allow automation based upon a schedule, dimming function, and power on/off. The light bulb quality is very good and rivals the CFLs. This bulb has a WARM light which is yellower versus COOL light which can be a touch bluer. LED lights tend to run cooler and use very little power. Additionally, they tend to last longer than CFL and now, defunct, conventional incandescent bulbs.

For those thinking about home automation, this particular system is a great start. The WeMo module can control up to 50 gadgets/appliances in its product line.

Highly recommend for an Apple iOS user.

44" Long, USMC/Military/Samurai Sword Display Case Rack Holder Shadow Box, (KCS03-MA)
Offered by Display Co. California
Price: $189.95
2 used & new from $85.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great display case for your sword, September 25, 2014
I acquired my USA Navy Officer's sword when I was promoted to Commander (O-5). It was given to me as a gift from my fellow physicians and US naval officers. That was also the proudest moment in my dad's life, just before he passed away. He retired as an MS1, starting as a Steward, in 1960. This promotion was a very special time for me, my family, and my home town. I wanted to display my sword proudly but I didn't know the best option, until one day, I came across this item and read the reviews.

I was pleasantly surprised when I unwrapped it from the box. The wood is a mahogany finish with a clear acrylic window. The crisply opens by flipping up two brass latches. It can be secured by a key which is included. The stand for the sword and scabbard just sit inside the case, but it's not attached or anchored to it so one must be careful not to slide it around when transporting it, the backing is lined with felt. It's an attractive design. I'm pleased that it was as accurate as my fellow reviewers who purchased this before me.

I love it. If you have a military sword, then this makes a great display case for it,

Haggar Men's Performance Solid Gabardine Straight Fit Plain Front Slack, Dark Grey, 36x30
Price: $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent slacks for work or play, September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Haggar line of clothing has always been my favorite. They're comfortable, durable, stylish, and versatile.

These flat front slacks are very comfortable. The microfiber line is comfortable in humid, and hot weather. The versatility with respect to care and travel make these pants a winner. There are two from pockets and two rear pockets, one of which has a button to secure your wallet.

The material is wrinkle resistant, and I find spills to clean up easier than on wool or cotton.

Overall, I'm impressed with the new fabric. It's flexible in feel and flexible in terms of fashion for work or play.

They do tend to fit a bit smaller so you'll likely need to size up one, if you tuck in your shirt,

Two thumbs up. I have to get some more of these.

Battroborg Warrior Samurai vs Ninja Battle Arena
Battroborg Warrior Samurai vs Ninja Battle Arena
Price: $66.79
4 used & new from $43.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready for battle!, September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is reminiscent of the action board games of the 1980s and 1970s like Bumbling Boxing by Tomy or Mattel's Rock 'Em Sock 'em. However, this is a modern version with wireless controls closer in function to a Nintendo Wii with motion controlled infrared controls.

WARNING: If you have small children or pets who pick things off of the floor, the be careful. Some of these parts are very small and make for a major choking hazard, or for your pets, a bad day at the Veterinarian for a bowel obstruction.

WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY AND SET UP

8 AA batteries
Phillips screwdriver (battery changes and installation)

THE TOY

The arena is a plastic square designed in futuristic trim. Your fighters are a Samurai and Ninja robotic warrior.

Setup involves placing 4 AA batteries into each controller (secured by a Phillips screw). Then the user needs to dock the respective warrior into the handheld controller until the battery has charged the robot. Charging is a little inconvenient but it is not cumbersome. Longer lasting batteries like Duracell Quantums or a rechargeable AA battery would be more of cost effective and more efficient use in the absent of a plug-in charging station.

Controlling the warriors takes a bit of a learning curve and it's better for each participant to experiment with the controls before fighting a battle. Because of the infrared controls, there are, at times, a lag time or just outright non-responsiveness. However, this is a really fun game that can work for people of all ages, outside the children at risk for choking on the small parts.

The warriors can be customized with various attachments to change the look but they don't change the overall performance.

Given all of the small parts, I do wish that it came with a storage box for the parts and the warriors.

CONCLUSION

Overall, this is a very fun toy.

Kid Galaxy Mega Morphibians Amphibious RC Turtle
Kid Galaxy Mega Morphibians Amphibious RC Turtle

4.0 out of 5 stars Amphibious vehicle better suited for the water/pool., September 24, 2014
WHAT IS IN THE BOX?

Vehicle
Remote control

UNPACKING

What a chore it is to unpack. It's like a Barbie Doll or Monster a high doll with the tape reinforced by plastic straps. No worries about anyone trying to steal this from the box in the store. I needed scissors and a knife to cut this one free. That's the frustrating things about unwrapping kid toys, they're impossible to unwrap unless you're James Bond or MacGuyver.

SETUP

Placing the 9 volt battery was a piece of cake. Just slide the battery cover off. BUT to get to the battery compartment through the top shell takes some work. There's a Phillips screwdriver slot that you need to remove the outer cover. Then there is another battery cover inside. It is lined with a rubber seal to make it seaworthy.

Once the battery is in, you're ready to go.

OPERATION

I tried this on everything from concrete, tile, pavers, and ceramic tile. No problems. However, it's not going to travel on grass. That's okay, though, since the real fun comes with my pool test. Now, I don't know how resistant these parts are to saltwater but I have to say, it's pretty fun to operate in water.

Controls are only bidirectional. Each stick controls one side of wheels. It's hard to get used to. My dog barks at it, because it's loud and strange looking. I wish the bumpers had more of a rubber construction, since the vehicle tends to crash easily.

In water, the speed is obviously slower. It's probably only 25% of ground speed. However, with the Wacky control system, it is more fun in water than on land. I think this is its major strength. A bathtub really won't be optimal given the limited maneuverability and size of this beast. It goes forward, reverse, turns forward and backwards with the bidirectional controls.

I drove it full speed into the pool and watched it splash. It does land right side up. Now if your child is like me, then he or she will likely throw it into the air and see how it lands. It lands top down. In that top down or upside down position, it barely moves. I had to use some tongs to fish it out of the pool. I then tested it to see how deep the water had to be, and it wasn't actually that deep. I'd say 4-5 inches is sufficient for this to mobilize in the water. Obviously, the sound is muffled by water as it moves so it's quieter as a water craft than a land craft. It's quite noisy.

LIMITATIONS

Walking away from it, the range of the remote is not very far. I'd say 9 feet and in.

If it gets waterlogged, it struggles to move in water since it lacks buoyancy.

The strange control system is workable but there is a learning curve.

OVERALL

I'm not so enamored by its land capabilities. However, as a pool toy, it is a definite winner.

Benchmade 62 Weehawk Plain Edge Knife
Benchmade 62 Weehawk Plain Edge Knife
Offered by Outdoor NW LLC
Price: $315.00
2 used & new from $284.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great knife but not a great flipper for Balisong techniques, September 22, 2014
I have several Benchmade 42's in Stainless and titanium with 440C, 154CM, and D2 blades. I was disappointed to hear that the model 42 Balisong was being discontinued (channel Balisong cast in titanium).

The next release from the 42 Benchmade was a Benchmade Balisong 51 and 32 Morpho iwith titanium liners, G-10 scales and a springlatch with a sandwich style handle.

This latest iteration is the first line of 6X series Benchmade Balisongs. The 62 is a Weehawk, the 63 is a Bowie and the 67 is a Tanto.

The BM62 is a sandwich style, stainless handle Balisong with a T-latch and a D2 blade. D2 is a steel blade but it is not stainless. It requires oiling and uptake to prevent pitting and rust. The design is a step back in that we went from a springlatch to a T-latch design. The knife is old school heavy weighing in around 6.4 ounces. The thinner handles do make this easier to flip than a BM42 Stainless or Old School Jody Samson Stainless channel Weehawk. However, it won't suit the latest and newest flippers and Balisong artists who dazzle us with speed and agility.

The workmanship is good, and my two knives have been a testament to the Benchmade reputation for quality. The blade is well made, and it is sharp. However, on a sharpness scale, I'd put it in the middle of the pack with a Soyderco Szabofly. Smallfly or Spiderfly, customs like a Pinoy Knife, balibalistic or a Benchmade Model 49 at the top for sharpness. As a user, knife, it's a solid utility knife. It does have to be wiped down and oiled, however.

For more of an old school flipper, it will be a good choice. For a new flipper or faster tempo Balisong artist, look at a Benchmade 51, Bladerunners Alpha Beast, Bladerunners Replicant, or a Microtech Tachyon 2.

5" Inch Classic Practice Knife Trainer silver(no offensive blade)
5" Inch Classic Practice Knife Trainer silver(no offensive blade)
Offered by Fang 2X Inc
Price: $17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a trainer. It is a real knife of dubious quality, function and licensing., September 22, 2014
I was shocked when I received this item. I was expecting a trainer/dull blade. What I ended up getting was a COPY of a Benchmade 43 Balisong, in a COPY of a Benchmade Balisong box, and in a COPY of a Benchmade Balisong sheath.

Since it is in my possession, I might as well review what is in my hands. First of all, it is doubtful that Benchmade will honor a Lifesharp Guarantee on a Counterfeit knife.

This is a sandwich style Bowie blade Balisong with a real blade, unless they sent it to me by mistake. Do not let a child handle this or they WILL cut the self, guaranteed. There is a spring latch which closes shut; however, the handles do not latch or lock in the open blade position, very easily. The reason is that the tang cups are too shallow to allow the knife to lock.

The handles are stainless looking and flex when you squeeze them. It is definitely a CNC cut piece of metal. I doubt it is Zamak or die cast steel but it's hard to tell what it is made of.

The blade looks like a 43 bowie or buyod blade, but it is definitely thinner material than the genuine article (of which I have 7 REAL Benchmade Balisong model 43's). I haven't tried to cut with it.

The spring latch is a makeshift spring, nowhere near what a real Balisong by Benchmade has. The blade is stamped with a Benchmade logo and a "43" which is obviously, not a genuine article. The stamp on the other side states that it is "440C" steel which I also doubt. Even if I do manage to dull the blade, I'd have to blunt the tip to make it into a trainer.

The action of the pivots isn't very smoth, which is in keeping in line with a counterfeit.

The accompanying "wallet" is a tin or cheap steel money clip. For a money clip, it will be more functional than most money clips, assuming it doesn't rust. There is a "pleather" (fake leather) or vinyl insert that will likely peel off in the first contact with heat, humidity, water or contact with other things in my pocket.

I have to give them an "A" for effort. However, there is a "D" for execution. I think that Les De Asis will be very unhappy that something like like this is being shipped here from China.

Just so you know, I contacted the seller to see what can be done about me getting a live blade instead of a trainer. I'll also contact Amazon customer service about this "faux pas".

Well, I had a rapid response from the seller - SUPERFAST. Some wires were crossed somewhere. I'll update when I have this resolved.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2014 5:43 PM PDT

Forney 306 MIG Welder 130FI-A Flux Core Gas/No Gas, 120-Volt, 130-Amp
Forney 306 MIG Welder 130FI-A Flux Core Gas/No Gas, 120-Volt, 130-Amp
Price: $447.73
8 used & new from $350.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool to have for minimal effort and time, September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a versatile welder that can serve as a MIG welder (with gas for use on stainless or aluminum) or flux core (without gas carbon steel or iron).

This has almost everything that you need to get started: mask, wire, brush. However, I opted for using my own auto-dimming helmet/mask. You will also need to wear welding gloves, and a leather apron for safety. I didn't care for the mask that came with it. It felt flimsy and not very helpful so I tossed it away. I also used my own clamps, slag brush, and welding hammer.

Setup just involves attaching the handle and base to the welder, running the wire, through the unit, and then, off you go. This is a versatile and handy tool system for repairs around the house, once you get used to the speed and rate for various settings. It took a while but I've made a target stand, small table, and fixed a weld on a few other things, so far.

George Foreman GRP360R 360 Grill
George Foreman GRP360R 360 Grill
Offered by DropAir
Price: $56.24
3 used & new from $38.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way of reducing grease and fat from some foods, and a great panini maker to boot., September 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have owned George Foreman Grills since they were first released.

This has some improvements over predecessors. First of all, the drip pan actually has a tongue and slides under the grill making for a cleaner way of collecting oil and grease from older models. It's less likely to actually tip over and spill. Another improvement is the cooking surfaces are not only removable but they're lighter, easier to clean, and easier to remove. The power cord can be wrapped around a built in spool, in the bottom of the unit, for easier storage and easier cleaning. This is a remarkably lighter unit, as a whole and is much easier to clean off.

Operation of the grill is also easier since there is no power button or temperature setting. There is an indicator light that turns on when the grill is ready to go.

In practical terms of cooking, it's great for foods that tend to accumulate oil in a conventional skillet or pan. The angle of the grill lets the oil/grease just slides right into the collection tray. Food like bacon, burgers, and sausages are the major advantage for this type of grill to reduce the amount of fat that you ingest.

Because of the two heating elements from above and below, this grill makes for an excellent Panini maker. It takes no time at all, and it's very convenient to make two sandwiches at once, if necessary. Quesadillas are another quick and easy dish for cooking on the grill.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the design and functionality.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20