Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Michael > Reviews

Browse

Michael's Profile

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael RSS Feed (Macon, Ga.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Ion Audio iPA77 Tailgater Portable Bluetooth Speaker PA System with Microphone, AM/FM Radio, and USB Charge Port (Current Model)
Price: $119.00
66 used & new from $58.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds Expectations!, June 10, 2016
This thing is loud, so don't underestimate 50 watts. I'm an event DJ, and this speaker projects well enough for small outdoor ceremonies. The bluetooth feature works flawlessly and with great range. Fidelity? Some, but with no bass and treble controls, so you are pretty much stuck with the limitations of the source from which your media was recorded. Perfect for your backyard or boating/tailgate parties as well. Definitely worth $100+.

Denon AVR-S710W 7.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Bluetooth and WIFI
Price: $379.00
39 used & new from $269.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Live Without Audyssey, January 29, 2016
This is my third Denon. Before that, I owned Yamaha and Onkyo. I would never pay more than $350 for a receiver. I just can't justify it. I thought I got a steal with a refurbished Denon AVR510BT for $189. Had everything I needed in my modest home theater setup....except Audyssey. Ended up returning it, because my wife and I don't listen at movie theater volumes, so having to turn the sound up and down gets annoying. Audyssey dynamic volume erases that hassle. Unfortunately, to get that feature, along with HDCP 4K capability, you gotta spend more than two bills. I shelled out $319 for a refurb, and it is the absolute best deal you're gonna get on an av receiver on this level. Do it. This is a real future-proof home theater hub.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2016 12:59 PM PST

Denon AVRS510BT-R Refurbished 5.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Bluetooth(Black)
Price: $219.99
2 used & new from $197.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Real 4K and bluetooth accessible, with some sacrifices., January 22, 2016
This is the cheapest true HDCP 4K receiver you're likely to find. Very good sound, just as my Denon AVR-E300 had. There are some missing goodies, though. No wifi, not even an internet connection option. That's not really important to me, but could make updating a bit more of a chore. Also, no ARC, so be prepared to turn your receiver off separately from the tv. This also means no volume control "punch through". Lastly, no real dynamic range control - the "night mode" is kinda useless. This is the toughest caveat for me, as I loved that Audyssey allowed this feature to be used on even high-def audio formats, making annoying volume spikes disappear. Even with the exclusions, this is a quality receiver to bring all your 4K content together.

RCA RCRN06GR 4 Device Universal Remote
RCA RCRN06GR 4 Device Universal Remote
Price: $8.47
322 used & new from $1.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Effective, January 16, 2016
This is worth $10. I just bought a 55 inch 4K tv, and love it. The remote that Sharp paired with said tv left a lot to be desired, however. Worst ever, actually. Needed a replacement, and looked around locally. Picked it up at our terrible Kmart for $13. I'm using it for the television, Sony blu-ray player, and Denon receiver. Does everything I need it to do. Setup was ridiculously easy. Looks cheap, though. The slick plastic back isn't of the best form, making casual handling cumbersome. The buttons click loudly when pushed, but that may ease up with more use. Even with those caveats, this bargain remote gets the job done.

007: The Roger Moore Collection, Vol. 2 [DVD + Digital Copy]
007: The Roger Moore Collection, Vol. 2 [DVD + Digital Copy]
DVD ~ Roger Moore
34 used & new from $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Bond. Sue Me., November 17, 2015
This is the Bond I grew up with, so these semi-parodies were my first exposure to the world of 007. I have no problem being in the minority, because these movies were escapist FUN. Hey, he must have been doing something right, as producers utilized him for SEVEN films. Roger Moore has perfect wit and impeccable comedic timing, just right for dealing with the absurdity surrounding him. Yes, he plays it for laughs overall. He is, however, able to take it into a dramatic direction when necessary. 'For Your Eyes Only' is far and away the best of the set, being less cartoonish as the others, while retaining the quips and gadgets the franchise had become known for. Yes, he was looking way too old by the time 'A View to a Kill' rolled around, and reportedly wanted to hang up the tux before this one, but was convinced to stay. Hey, money talks.
These films look great on blu-ray, with nice detail and color that appears true to the original prints.

Poltergeist
Poltergeist
DVD
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This Poltergeist Hasn't a Clue What Scares You, November 6, 2015
This review is from: Poltergeist (Amazon Video)
Can't believe I bought this. Would be awful even if I hadn't seen the original to compare it to. Sloppily directed and cheap looking. Sam Rockwell isnt even trying. This Poltergeist has no idea what scares you. Don't let the cheap price suck you in.

Def Leppard
Def Leppard
Price: $10.62
32 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Def Leppard Sound is Back! Well, Sort of..., November 4, 2015
This review is from: Def Leppard (Audio CD)
I've been spending a few days with the new release, playing constantly in the car. Yes, I initially loved it, high on the excitement of having new material from my favorite band ever. However, disappointment started creeping in as the new began to wear off. I LOVE the first three tracks, as they bear the production and feel of classic Def Leppard albums. Not up there with 'Hysteria', Pyromania' or 'Adrenalize', but these tracks are as good as anything on 'Euphoria', with the experimental 'Man Enough' being similar to, but much better than 'All Night'. The only other non-fatiguing song for me seems to be the rocker 'All Time High', which is reminiscent of something from 'Retro-Active'. Are the other songs bad? No. Some are really good, if you enjoyed the direction 'Slang' and 'Songs from the Sparkle Lounge' took. Those two happen to be my least favorite post-'Pyromania' releases, because the mighty Leppard pop-metal polish is all but absent there. People have mentioned the promotion of this as a kind of "bait and switch", promoting the tracks 'Let's Go' and 'Dangerous', leading many to believe this album to be a monster return to the classic Def Leppard sound that brought them to worldwide commercial success. That's not the case. The rest of the album sounds more raw, almost lazy when compared to those shiny tracks. 'Hysteria' is when I discovered them, so that's the standard I hold every album to. If that's what you're hoping for, just forget it. I'm still rating this album four stars, solely on the strength of the four songs they absolutely nail on this release.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2015 3:46 PM PST

BEHRINGER EUROLIVE B215XL
BEHRINGER EUROLIVE B215XL
Price: $219.99
12 used & new from $153.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., August 3, 2015
I originally ordered a pair of Podium Pro speakers to kickstart my mobile dj business, due to a friend's recommendation. Sent them back because of a faulty input. Decided to be a little less cheap, and ordered these. So glad I did! The hardshell plastic casing makes them seem much more durable. Crisp sound, with adequate bass for the dance floor. While a sub is probably in the future, these will be just fine until then.

VRT Pro Audio Tripod Speaker Stands with Bag w/ 20' XLR Cable Pair & Cable Ties
VRT Pro Audio Tripod Speaker Stands with Bag w/ 20' XLR Cable Pair & Cable Ties
Offered by UniqueSquared
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the carrying bag is nice, and the included cables are just icing on ..., July 25, 2015
Based upon price, this set exceeded my expectations. As a beginner mobile dj, I'm looking for bang for buck ways to get started. The stands do their job, the carrying bag is nice, and the included cables are just icing on the cake. One of the plastic inserts on the speaker end of one of the stands was damaged in shipping. I shot the seller an email, and received a replacement piece in no time! All you gotta do is ask. Made me confident in dealing with them again, and I definitely will!

Gemini CDM4000 CD Mp3 USB Dual CD Player
Gemini CDM4000 CD Mp3 USB Dual CD Player
Offered by Music123
Price: $206.26
18 used & new from $206.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job!, July 15, 2015
I wish there was a little more control over the sound, besides just bass/treble. But hey, I bought this as a beginner mixer, mostly for the dual cd backup. Cd player will momentarily freeze when something is dropped on the table, but seems to hold up to physical bumping just fine. Plenty of inputs for adding a laptop or flash drive, though I've only connected a tablet so far. I'm happy, for less than $200.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6