Profile for Marlin Viss > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marlin Viss RSS Feed (Santa Rosa, CA USA)

Kingston SSDNow V100 128GB SATA II 3GB/s 2.5 Inch Desktop Bundle SV100S2D/128GZ
Kingston SSDNow V100 128GB SATA II 3GB/s 2.5 Inch Desktop Bundle SV100S2D/128GZ

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, December 13, 2011
I bought five of these drives for the office for five different PCs. Within two months, one of them had died. Within nine months, two more were dead. We stopped using the last two. I recommend the Intel SSD instead. We switched over to that and have had no problems. And, the Intel SSD is faster, at least according to the "Windows Experience Index".

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 9.8 Feet (3 Meters) Supports 3D + Audio Return Channel

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective, January 12, 2011
I purchased this cable to connect my Tivo to my digital TV. Initially it seemed to work fine, but then every few days Tivo would display the message "HDMI Connection not Permitted". Tivo support suggested reversing the HDMI cable, which I did. That got rid of the error message, but then every 5 minutes or so the signal would disappear completely. I bought a new HDMI cable (also from Amazon, similar price, but by Mediabridge) and that solved my problems.

I happen to have access to an Agilent 54754A TDR with an HDMI fixture, which is used by cable manufactures to test their cables, so I hooked up my cable. Sure enough, one of the clock lines in the cable was not attached to the connector.

Given that MOST people don't have any problems with this cable, this is probably just a quality control issue with the manufacturer. If you're going to purchase this cable, be ready to return it if you get a defective one. Fortunately, Amazon makes returns very easy.

Introduction to Digital Communication (2nd Edition)
Introduction to Digital Communication (2nd Edition)
by Rodger E. Ziemer
Price: $195.28
39 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep the errata nearby, January 8, 2006
The book has overall good coverage of the material. Explanations are clear, examples are plentiful and helpful. However, the book is full of errors! As I write there is a 13 page errata, but I ran into many unlisted errors as well. My only other complaint is the cheap paper-back binding. It curled up the first time I opened it, and I haven't been able to get the book to close ever since.