Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage GNO Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for Saren > Reviews

Browse

Saren's Profile

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Saren RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Fel-Pro 70431 EGR Valve Gasket
Fel-Pro 70431 EGR Valve Gasket
Price: $7.03
32 used & new from $3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective., July 21, 2014
Works perfectly on the NB Miata and seals everything up. I had to clean my EGR valve due to tons of gunk and deposits, so this was a necessity for re-installation.

Bosch 13863 Oxygen Sensor, OE Type Fitment
Bosch 13863 Oxygen Sensor, OE Type Fitment
Price: $84.45
6 used & new from $82.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect OEM Replacement, July 21, 2014
Perfect for the Upstream/Pre-Cat O2 sensor on a 1999-2000 California-Spec Miata. Installed it in about 10 minutes, and harness matches up to the original one, so no splicing of wires. Also includes anti-seize already on the threads, so
Also, though the product is shipped/distributed by Bosch, the O2 sensor says Denso right on the side, meaning that you are essentially getting an OEM part.

Just a heads up that you should buy a 22mm O2 sensor socket (search for that same term on Amazon to find a plethora of different sockets) and some WD-40, as it will make the removal of the previous O2 sensor easier.

Akebono ACT465 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
Akebono ACT465 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set
Price: $41.10
24 used & new from $37.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, low dust brakes, January 28, 2013
After repairing my brake master cylinder due to a leak, I thought my brakes would start working well again... They didn't, and as it turns out, my brake pads were dangerously low. I chose Akebono as they are technically the OEM brake brand that Honda uses. Since installing them, I have noticed a dramatic improvement in my brake performance. Plus, there is much less dust accumulation on my tires since the replacement.

NRG Innovations CSC-401 Black Chrome Front Strut Brace
NRG Innovations CSC-401 Black Chrome Front Strut Brace

5.0 out of 5 stars Noticeable improvement while cornering., January 28, 2013
It's been about a year since I purchased this strut bar, and I have nothing but positive things to say about it.

Installation was a snap, as it should be. All you have to do is assemble the brace and bolt it into the strut towers... It took me about 15 minutes.

Around town or at a low speed, there is no difference in steering, which is a given. On windy roads, though, this thing really shows its worth. The Accord already has an excellent road/steering feel with its double-wishbone suspension, and this is the icing on the cake. Steering into sharp turns feels sport-car direct.

Plus, it has a cool (fake) carbon fiber-y look to it. I have no idea why the description says chrome, as only the connectors on each side are chrome.

Pioneer TS-A6994R A-Series  6"x9" 5-Way 600 Watts
Pioneer TS-A6994R A-Series 6"x9" 5-Way 600 Watts
Offered by DiscountsJungle
Price: $83.95
5 used & new from $83.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Way Better Than Stock; No Amp Needed!, January 28, 2013
I bought these speakers after installing a Sony CDX receiver for my 1994 Honda Accord. The CDX instantly improved my sound quality with the stock speakers, but my rear 6x9s still sounded too muffled for my tastes.
These speakers took about 30 minutes to install with two harness adapters, and I was able to keep my stock speakers' covers for use with these (with a minor modification), to keep that OEM look.
The sound change was instantly noticeable in the treble and mid range, of all things. The 5 way tweeters (I believe) are to thank for that.
My Sony has the option to turn the rear speakers into makeshift "subwoofers" by using what they call the "Rear Bass Enhancer." This gives the 6x9s a subwoofer profile while turning my door and tweeter speakers into mids and highs, respectively.
I tried this out on the lowest setting-highest setting, and these speakers can definitely hold their own in the bass department. Even at the highest setting, there was little distortion, even in bass heavy songs.

Still, I keep it at the lowest setting, as my rear deck started to rattle after a few days and I had to tighten everything back up.

After about 7 months, these speakers are still working like they did the day I bought them, so the quality is there as well.

Flowmaster 17339 Axle-back System - Single Rear Exit - American Thunder - Moderate Sound

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made, excellent sounding, and looks great, October 13, 2012
For the price, you can't beat this Flowmaster system.

For starters, it is very easy to install. Just remove the factory muffler and pipe and replace with this. It's pretty much drop-in.

When I removed my old muffler and piping there was rust galore and the original muffler was actually falling apart at the welds... Ouch.

The exhaust tip looks great. It is not too big, and looks very classy. The system appears to be very well made, and is quite heavy.

When started, the Flowmaster exhaust makes a nice, deep purr. Same goes for when you are stopped at a light. No ricey farty sound or anything, just the purr. When accelerating, the noise is excellent in the low RPM range, a deep growl, though it disappears as you approach redline.
I have an AEM V2 intake along with the VTEC engine, and this complements it perfectly. At lower RPMs, the Flowmaster has a deep growl. At high RPMs, the AEM roars with a slight sound from the Flowmaster.

Like the other reviewer stated, this exhaust is not all that loud overall. You can easily talk or listen to music while driving at any speed (within reason, of course).

I will update my review once I have driven with it for a while to tell if there are any MPG gains.

Finally, Flowmaster products are made in the USA right in Santa Rosa, CA. Major points for them, right there.

EDIT: Along with my AEM, I have gained between 3-5 MPG per fill up... That is, when I drive with restraint. The added HP and sound from both modifications really makes me want to punch it!

AEM 24-6008C Gun Metal V2 Induction System
AEM 24-6008C Gun Metal V2 Induction System
Price: $298.99
15 used & new from $298.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, October 8, 2012
Although much more expensive than AEM's CAI or Short Ram, this system provides better airflow via the dual-chambers, giving the Accord's engine greater power and MPG.

The installation was fairly easy, about 1.5 hours. You do have to remove the wheel and wheel well to get to the resonator... Just a heads up. If you have the VTEC F22B1 engine, be prepared for some extra steps during installation (a few extra hoses to install).

After the installation, I took a short drive and instantly noticed an increase in acceleration. Only slight, but still noticeable. This was with low-ish-moderate acceleration around town.
On the highway, though, the downshift power is increased a whole heck of a lot. 55-70, with a downshift from 4th to 3rd, happened much faster than with the stock intake.

Oh, yeah, and the sound of the intake, of course. Like the other reviewers have said, it sounds very aggressive.

From .5K RPMs- 3K RPMs, there is only a slight rumble.
At about 3k-4k RPMs you get a low, mean sounding, growl.
Once VTEC does its thing at around 4K RPMs all the way up to redline, the V2 roars. It. Sounds. Beautiful.

I plan on purchasing a Flowmaster exhaust soon, and I can't wait to hear the two in unison.

Lavazza Crema e Gusto - Ground Coffee, 8.8-Ounce Bricks (Pack of 4)
Lavazza Crema e Gusto - Ground Coffee, 8.8-Ounce Bricks (Pack of 4)
Offered by cirdan
Price: $19.18
24 used & new from $13.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and creamy, August 5, 2012
I had been using Illy's Dark Roast for my daily latte, but I was getting sick of the incredibly high price for one 8.8 ounce can. This Lavazza has the same strength, but with a hint of chocolate (best way to describe it, honestly) and I find it has a much smoother feel to it. Plus, I can get four 8.8 ounce bricks for the price of 2 Illy 8.8 ounce cans... Glad I switched!

Metra 72-7800 Speaker Connector Harnesses for Select Honda Vehicles
Metra 72-7800 Speaker Connector Harnesses for Select Honda Vehicles
Price: $4.99
40 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, August 5, 2012
Made installing 6x9s in the rear deck of my Accord a lot easier. Just slip-in to the +- slots on the speakers and clip the block on to the factory harness. Took seconds.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 Sticker N7 Decal white and red Vinyl game logo
Mass Effect 2 and 3 Sticker N7 Decal white and red Vinyl game logo

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, but very nice, August 3, 2012
This Vinyl is a lot smaller than I expected it to be, but I probably should have read the fine print. The N7 is about 3' wide by 1' tall.
Still, I put it right on the bottom of my rear window and it looks very clean and is not too too noticeable. It is made very well, and was applied in seconds.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6