Profile for jsam70 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jsam70 "Jim" RSS Feed (SC)

Premium HDMI-HDMI Cable,1 meter 3 feet
Premium HDMI-HDMI Cable,1 meter 3 feet
Offered by Cable Time
Price: $2.53
41 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, February 14, 2007
I bought this cable to replace an $80.00 cable I had to buy at the local electronics store since my new HDMI receiver did not come with one. I replaced the expensive cable as soon as this one arrived and I saw ZERO difference in picture or sound quality. Just make sure 3ft is enough length for your setup. Quality product at a cheap price!

Onkyo TX-SR804 7.1 Channel Up-Converting THX Certified A/V Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mid-Priced HDMI Receiver!!, February 3, 2007
I shopped and researched for several months for a new HDMI receiver. I was all set to buy the TX-SR674 but I stumbled upon this model in my search. The 804 model has 10 more watts per channel than the 674, THX sound and a cleaner front via a drop down panel. Set-up was quite easy since I was using HDMI connections for the TV, DVD & Cable Box. (Don't waste your $$ on expensive HDMI cables! I had to buy a $70 cable from the big red CC box until my $6.00 HDMI cable arrived in the mail, guess what? No difference in sound!) The instruction manual is decent but does not cover every possible scenario. ie.) To get the XM Radio Info. displayed on the TV screen you have to choose choose VIDEO 2-4, then choose the TUNER (took a little trial and error). The remote is a little big, but is easy to use and does have 3 separate MACROs available to use. I was able to program all my components into this remote. The 804s on-screen display is basic white lettering on a black screen. The new Sony's have a slick on screen GUI like the PS3s but don't get sucked into this 'nice to have'. Once you get your system set up you will rarely go back to your on-screen displays. I'm running a 5.1 speaker system for now until I can afford a new 7.1 setup. However, the 5.1 sound on my old speakers sounds terrific. My speakers actually sound better than they did on my old Yamaha. XM Radio sounds great and is super easy to add on. I did not purchase the DS-A2 iPod dock because DLO is coming out with a new dock in March with on screen album art that the DS-A2 does not have. I'll let you know how this works as soon as I get it! The only feature I wish it had was a 3rd HDMI out, this would have been an even better upgrade over the 674! You can buy better HDMI receivers but you will spend well over $1000.00. Most people will be quite happy with this receiver at this price point.

Sound: Excellent Style: Clean and Slick Power: More than adequate Features: A- Initial Setup: Medium

My System:

Samsung LN-S4695D LCD TV

Samsung HD-960 DVD (waiting for the HD-DVD/Blu Ray battle to play out and a price drop!)

Sci.Atl. HD cable box/DVR w/HDMI

Audiovox CNP2000H XM Radio Mini Tuner Home Dock with Antenna

Monster HTS 1000 MKII Powercenter with Clean Power (Needed this due to unstable power in my area.)

I hope this helps you to make a decision!