Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Terry Johnson > Reviews

Browse

Terry Johnson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Terry Johnson "Terry" RSS Feed (Clayton, NC)

QuickBooks for Mac 2012 [OLD VERSION]
QuickBooks for Mac 2012 [OLD VERSION]

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away - Buy another accounting software!, December 26, 2011
Buyer beware, stay away from Intuit. This is a company that can't keep their business together and does not value its customers or its own employees.

Go with Sage's Peachtree ([...]) or another accounting software instead of this Quickbooks mess.

Last year I purchased Quickbooks Pro 2011. From that moment endless advertisement popups came every once in a while up inside the Quickbooks Program and I began receiving email spam (unrequested) from Intuit selling 401K services and some Health Care Debetcards. Even after multiple times requesting this stop.

Now I upgraded to Quickbooks Pro Plus 2012 Subscription.
- Software updated ok (I believe) and everything worked, except for the Quickbooks Connect feature which is supposed to allow you to view certain functions of the software on your mobile devices. All I needed to do was to have them register / activate my Quickbooks Connect. A task that any customer service agent SHOULD be able to do once verifying that this was a line item on the original order. This should take about 3-5 minutes total if the company is functional.
- I give the company a call and after shuffling me between 3 customer service agents for about an hour we finish the call and I'm to wait for the company to contact me again.
- About an hour later a agent from the Quickbooks Connect calls me. I inform him that I've already wasted 1 hour with Quickbooks, and ask him to be honest with me if he will not be able to accomplish the task, rather than waste more of my time. Needless to say more than an hour later he admits defeat and tells me to call another department at Intuit to request cancellation of the original order, refund, and re-placement of the order. At this time I have had enough.
- Since the above I've spent half an hour on the phone with an agent that tried to issue me a refund, after wasting those additional 30 minutes the poor soul promised to try to give me a call back when he had found someone able to process the refund. We are now waiting.

So here's the lesson: Buyer beware if you buy anything from Intuit. It is going to be laden with advertisements, you are going to be spammed by email, and harassed by phone. And woe to you if you need to ask simple questions to customer service agents, because Intuit as a corporation seems to view their customer service front line as completely incapable drones, and allows them almost no ability to assist the customer.

If you need help, even if Intuit doesn't deliver all that was included on your order, you are on your own!

QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION]
QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION]

Go with Sage's Peachtree[...]or another accounting software instead of this Quickbooks mess.

Now I upgraded to Quickbooks Pro Plus 2012 Subscription.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2012 9:49 AM PST

QuickBooks Pro 2011 - [Old Version]
QuickBooks Pro 2011 - [Old Version]
Offered by AmazAnt
6 used & new from $114.99

1.0 out of 5 stars What are you buying, access to ads and pushy salespeople?, June 30, 2011
Do not buy this, it's a waste of your time and money, just as it was of mine.

Quickbooks starts up by default with endless popup advertisements for "enhancements" or nickling and diming as I'd call it, for example the "enhancement ability" to link to files stored on my own harddrive! Yes Quickbooks want to charge for me to add reference to files I store on my own harddisk starting from only $9.95/mo!

Even after you disable the popups there are endless "enhancement messages" hidden in the menu's of the software, selling you things such as:
- Quickbooks direct deposit ($1.50 per transfer and you can only do transfers to employees so you'll need a ACH account with your bank anyway) I even had some slimy salesguy who introduced himself as my "Quickbooks consultant" trying to assist me with doing my first year end overview in quickbooks.
- Quickbooks connection to your netbank $12/mo
- Quickbooks payroll processing (why can't a accounting program do this from the get go, it's not rocket science)
- Intuit 401K (high signup fee's and monthly maintenance. You're better off with T.Rowe Price 401K)
- Intuit creditcard processing and etc. etc. etc.

The quickbooks consultant and 401K guys have are now blocked from calling me after not taking no for an answer.

I don't have a habit of paying for the luxury of being bombarded by advertisements and harassments. In this case I got fooled into just that.

Never again. Go look at Peachtree Small Business Accounting instead, it's more professional and without the nickling and diming.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2011 9:16 AM PDT

Maintenance Planning and Scheduling Book (Preventive Maintenance Management Books from IDCON)
by Don Armstrong
2 used & new from $99.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical, March 16, 2009
I found this planning and scheduling book to be very hands on and practical.

It has a good lot of examples for scheduling work, workflows and deals with topics I had not thought of associated with planning and scheduling such as repairable spares and stores.

The content quality is absolutely great, although I'd wish that they'd bound the book differently.