Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Eric Olsen > Reviews

Browse

Eric Olsen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eric Olsen RSS Feed (Plainfield, IL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue
by Shama Kabani
119 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Practical Social Media Book Yet, May 12, 2010
I've probably read a dozen social media marketing books over the past year. Shama's far and away offers the most useful material. I now have tangible next-steps for how to plus up my social media efforts. Just not a theoretical understanding of what needs to happen. In fact, I've been spending the last few days updating my Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles and methodologies just based on her high-level strategies. Haven't even started digging deep yet.

Plus, with free online updates for life, you can't go wrong here.

Web Analytics 2.0: The Art of Online Accountability and Science of Customer Centricity
by Avinash Kaushik
Price: $26.63
107 used & new from $13.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking it One Step at a Time, May 12, 2010
For the first time in years, I feel like I'm not in over my head anymore. Web Analytics 2.0 taught me what to measure, how to measure and what you can't measure. Not just a theoretical approach to analytics, Web Analytics 2.0 gave me practical to-dos and next-steps. If you do it one step at a time, it's not as scary as you might think.

Dreamweaver CS4 For Dummies
Dreamweaver CS4 For Dummies
by Janine C. Warner
Price: $21.11
113 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Had My Web Site Up in 2 Days!, April 24, 2009
Even after my friends had raved about how easy DreamWeaver was, I was still intimidated. I checked out a couple of DreamWeaver tutorial books from the library and this was by far the easiest to understand.

It took me step-by-step through everything I needed to know to design my Web site in less than two days. I was amazed. If you're starting from scratch, this is the place to start.

Velocity: From the Front Line to the Bottom Line
Velocity: From the Front Line to the Bottom Line
by Dale Pollak
52 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is How to Become a Used Car Superstore, April 7, 2008
Dale Pollak pleads for used car dealerships to evolve within an industry that has stayed stagnant for far too long. "Velocity" contains a laundry list of strategies employed by the most successful used car dealerships in the country. From seeing the Internet as your virtual showroom, making every business decision with an investment-mindset, and considering the benefits of a single-price, no-haggle environment, this book will make you think about the way the used car dealerships should be run.

And it will make you wonder why we haven't been doing all of this stuff before.

God's Politics: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn't Get It
God's Politics: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn't Get It
by Jim Wallis
Price: $13.43
256 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Would Jesus Raise Taxes?, May 3, 2007
This is a hard review for me. I am very happy that Christian democrats finally feel like they have a voice in the morality dialogue of our country now, with the help of this book reassuring them that they are not alone. I admire the fact that the author believes that the fight on poverty should hold just as many of our thoughts as the fight on abortion.

But, the left and right on this country are still divided as to what is the BEST way to alleviate these problems. The author argues that rich people should pay more taxes in order to sponsor government based initiatives for these goals. Many on the right believe that we should leave out the bureaucracy and put private charities and organizations on the job.

The author does not make a biblically convincing case for the ideas he presents to solve these social woes. He just makes a good case that God cares about them. Maybe that's good enough?

The Rising: Antichrist Is Born (Before They Were Left Behind, Book 1)
The Rising: Antichrist Is Born (Before They Were Left Behind, Book 1)
by Jerry B. Jenkins
469 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars A very mixed read for this reader..., January 6, 2006
I loved all of the Left Behind books for the quick-read, fast-pace and the spiritual edification I got from them, but I disagreed on the eschatology (End Times theology) quite a bit. But, that is a difference that is not worth arguing over amongst believers. However, the theology they bring up with this 1st book of the prequel series, (SPOILER***), the fact that Satan can read people's minds (in the meeting), and that Satan has creative powers (turning rocks into bread) is incredibly irresponsible to put into a book that so many American Christians take as Gospel. This gives far more credit to the powers of darkness then the Bible does, and while Satan has power, it offended me that these authors would give him more power than he's due.

On the other hand, I read the whole book through in one sitting, something I have never done before with a book. The storylines are VERY interesting (although suited for an older reader due to some sexual themes that surprised me for a Christian book). So read it if you liked the Left Behind series. It gives some very interesting thoughts behind Carpathia and Rayford's characters growing up, but don't take the theology as Biblical.

Saved By the Bell - Season Five
Saved By the Bell - Season Five
DVD ~ Mark-Paul Gosselaar
Offered by amazingwildcat
Price: $9.74
63 used & new from $3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Wraps up the High-School Years!, October 6, 2005
If you liked the Tori episodes, this DVD has them all. Tori was the female replacement character for when Jessie and Kelly decided to leave the show (for unnamed reasons). If you look closely at the Season 5 graphic, you can see that Tori is superimposed into the photo. It's a funny catch. This collection wraps up the high-school years including graduation. Bye-Bye Belding. On to College!

Nowhere Else but Here
Nowhere Else but Here
2 used & new from $44.01

5.0 out of 5 stars a folky kind of praise, September 8, 2005
This review is from: Nowhere Else but Here (Audio CD)
What a beautiful record. It's not praise music, like you would hear on your local Christian radio station. Which is probably why MPJ is not currently as successful as he should be. His music would appeal to a more of a folky crowd, but his lyrics scream the splendor of the King. Wonderful!

Riot On  An Empty Street
Riot On An Empty Street
Price: $9.11
102 used & new from $0.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Norway must be beautiful., August 24, 2005
This review is from: Riot On An Empty Street (Audio CD)
Because these Kings of melodic music have struck again with their second full length disc. And it is an amazing follow-up. In fact, after a dozen or so listens through this album, I can not go back to their debut album from 2001. The music is still simplistic, beautifully melodic, but inspired at a new level. This album is brilliant, following in the rhythms of Nick Drake, but marching to a completely different Norwegian beat. And the lyrics have vastly improved from their prior release, perhaps because their English has gotten better in the past 3 years. But, instead of just beautiful voices and beautiful melodies, their lyrics are thoughtful and clever. Try them, you may fall in love.

Murphy Brown: Season 1
Murphy Brown: Season 1
DVD ~ Various
Offered by SOUTHWEST MEDIA
Price: $16.60
28 used & new from $5.74

5.0 out of 5 stars i didn't realize how much i would miss it., May 12, 2005
This review is from: Murphy Brown: Season 1 (DVD)
Ok, to start off, I'm 22. I'm not the target market for this show, in fact, when I was [...] and watching Murphy Brown, I'm not sure I even understood many of the jokes. In fact, I'm sure of it, because quite a few of them still go over my head. But, I love the show. I've watched all 22 episodes that come in this first season DVD, and I'm hooked again. There is something about the writing that makes me really enjoy every episode. I feel like it's an educational sitcom. Not necessarily because I'm learning to dislike Dan Quayle, but because the writers write UP to an audience, and not down. How many sitcoms do that? This is a terrific one! Candice Bergen was my first crush, and now I'm about to marry a wonderful intelligent woman of my own. Perhaps Murphy Brown led me to that? Regardless, what a wonderful sitcom! If you're thinking about, do it. You'll love it. And with a featurette that includes present-day interviews with the cast, wow, it's a wonderful take-you-back experience.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6