Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "H. J." RSS Feed (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Delphi Complete Works of Charles Dickens (Illustrated)
Delphi Complete Works of Charles Dickens (Illustrated)
Price: $2.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Compilation - Reads Well, July 2, 2014
Great Compilation, well-organized and the price is certianly right. I found these stories to translate well into the modern era. Dickens was a master and his writing and characterization of the human condition ring true today.

Acer Aspire V5-131-2629 11.6" Laptop (Black)
Acer Aspire V5-131-2629 11.6" Laptop (Black)
Offered by Dream Deal
Price: $349.95
50 used & new from $276.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Buy A Better Small Laptop, June 20, 2014
Acer has been my small laptop of choice since I purchased my first Acer One a few years back. This new model is great, and I've not had any troubles with it at all. Fits nicely into my backpack and plenty of power - on a full charge I can go all day long. Hope you like it as much as I do i'm a casual user, mostly web and email and this new box does fine. No need to pay more for a nice box IMHO.

THIS TIME THE WORLD
THIS TIME THE WORLD
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Expected Rantings, Got Reasoned Political Dialogue, May 30, 2014
I had heard so many negative things throughout my youth about George Rockwell, and living in Northern Virginia I remember his assassination and how upset people were about it. Now that I am older, I decided to read his works myself instead of believing what others had told me.

What I found was a reasoned political discussion by a humble, thoughtful and obviously intelligent man, not the rantings of a lunatic.

As the hot-button topics of the Federal Reserve, terrorism, illegal immigration, and urban crime come to the forefront in America, it's time for a discussion of just who America is as a nation and what can be done to solve our nation's serious issues. You and I may not agree with Rockwell's politics, but he did anticipate the future of our nation.

We live in a country where, thank God, free speech is still permitted

The Way
The Way
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the most readable bible out there in print, May 30, 2014
This review is from: The Way (Kindle Edition)
If you're not hung-up on 100% accuracy of a book that's been revised more times than any other book in history and realize the bible is a living document, purchase this book. It is readable, understandable, and enlightening. Don't worry that it's not your grandparent's bible, the lessons Jesus teaches are timeless and not based on a different word here and there.

Rick Steves' Great Britain
Rick Steves' Great Britain
by Rick Steves
Price: $19.07
54 used & new from $13.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Rick is usually right...but beware the Rick Steve's effect!, May 30, 2014
In the areas covered by Rick's book, he is spot on. However, there are several areas of GB that he completely ignores for reasons of his own. The area in and around Aberdeen, Scotland is one key example. Aberdeen is a wonderful city, full of historic and cultural treasures, and voted one of the most liveable cities in the world. It is relatively cheap, clean, and easy to get to. He harps on Bath, which has created a touristy, expensive, crowded nightmare. Some of his recommended B&Bs had raised their prices substantially since they got a mention, so beware of the "Rick Steve's effect" before deciding to visit or book a reservation.

Great Britain/Ireland (Maps/Country (Michelin))
Great Britain/Ireland (Maps/Country (Michelin))
by Michelin Travel & Lifestyle
Edition: Map
Price: $11.65
31 used & new from $7.43

5.0 out of 5 stars The best map of Great Britain, May 30, 2014
Essential to purchase, with or without a GPS. We drove all over GB with this map and it was a lifesaver. We had GPS and still needed this map several times a week. Don't sacrifice quality for price by purchasing a cheapercmap and don't drive in the UK without it!

The Disciple-Making Minister
The Disciple-Making Minister
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward, May 30, 2014
If you choose to run your ministry based on principle instead of profit, you are in the writer's camp. Leadership is essential in building a following, and the author lays it all out for you in easy-to-understand language.

Adventures in Consciousness
Adventures in Consciousness
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Care For This One, May 30, 2014
Seems to be basically an amalgum of new age philosophies and techniques that never seem to work. Perhaps I'm too skeptical of relative reality. If I hit my head on a wall, I tend to believe there is actually a wall there for everyone to hit their head on. Pretty well written, but also seems to duplicate many other so!ilar tomes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2014 10:09 AM PDT

Mongolian Mystery
Mongolian Mystery
Price: $8.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Mystery Yet, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Mongolian Mystery (Kindle Edition)
This is, in my opinion, Serge's best mystery story. It is interesting because it draws in many cultural facts about Mongolia that few Americans know. His character development is good and you feel as if you know the characters well.

Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt
Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt
Price: $14.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Revelations!, April 2, 2014
I just read the entire book in one day; it's that compelling. As a former day trader I can tell you MY OPINION is the story Mr. Lewis has exposed is a broad indictment of the major banks and particularly the NASDAQ. I almost fell out of my chair when I read about them granting -and charging - high speed traders to co-locate their equipment INSIDE the exchange to enable high speed traders to gain a competitive advantage over the very investors they are supposed to be serving.

Congress certainly should look into this, as virtually every individual investor and owner of a pension fund or mutual fund has lost money as a result of the NASDAQ's shenanigans.

Some will say Mr. Lewis is making a mountain out of a molehill but when big banks and the NASDAQ market itself has enabled high speed traders to rip-off billions of dollars from hard-working people collectively AND actually profited from that rip-off, it's time for someone to be brought to the whipping-post.

All of this is my opinion. Read the book yourself and you be the judge of whether big banks and the exchanges are acting in your best interest.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6