Profile for MW > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MW RSS Feed (USA)

DLFashion One-shoulder Floor Length Beaded Chiffon Prom Dress (8, Black)
DLFashion One-shoulder Floor Length Beaded Chiffon Prom Dress (8, Black)
Offered by FashionBridal
Price: $76.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service and Beautiful Dress, July 31, 2014
Great dress! The fit was true to size (I normally vary between a size 6-8, bust size of 34DD and size 28 hip, and the size 8 fit comfortably). I especially liked that I felt supported in the dress and would not need a strapless bra. I'm short however (5 foot 2), and so the dress would definitely need to be altered. For some reason, the gems on the black dress in the image shown on Amazon are difficult to see; in person they are quite nice and have a diamond/clear gem look. The material was of nice quality.

I was going to wear this in a wedding however the bride changed her mind about the wedding party dresses. The seller allowed me to return the item, no questions asked. What a relief! Would do business with them again.

Classic Premium Unisex Plain Solid Color Winter Fringe Scarf - Different Colors Available, Black
Offered by TrendsBlue
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Newer version not suitable for cold weather, November 18, 2012
I had previously ordered one of these scarves last winter and was very happy with it. Being thick, well-made, and quite warm, it easily deserved a 5/5 star rating. I liked it so much that I decided to order another (in black) this winter to give as a gift, but the scarf I received this time was not at all like the previous one...

I ordered the newer, lousy scarf in black. It arrived with a large label reading "100% Pashmina".

Pros:

** Price: I paid $13. I listed this as a "pro" since it's cheaper than many scarves you'll find locally, but honestly I felt the price was too high as it's not suitable for cool weather.

** Sizing: The scarf is indeed 72" x 12" as advertised.

** Appearance: Looks as expected. The fabric is noticeably thin even at a distance, but some people might find it useful as a fashion accessory.

Cons:

** Quality: This scarf is incredibly thin, around 0.5mm or less than 2 hundredths of an inch. Holding the scarf up to my eyes I can read this review as I type it. The material looks and feels more like a mesh or fine netting than a woven fabric; I have no doubt that I could tear the scarf using just my hands and a modest effort. The wind easily penetrates the thin material and the lack of air-trapping means this can't keep anything warm.

To sum up: If you receive the same version that I received in November 2012, then you're in for major disappointment. I decided to write this review as a warning that despite very positive ratings, the seller is substituting an inferior scarf for the previously well-received version.

Pearl Izumi Men's Thermal Glove
Pearl Izumi Men's Thermal Glove

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for both cool and cold weather, March 25, 2012
I have used these gloves several times a week this past winter and they have served me quite well. While they are marketed as cycling gloves, I regularly use them for running as well.

* Fitting: I used Amazon.com's sizing chart and very happy with the size I ordered. They are a snug fit and would be too small if my hands were much larger, but these gloves wouldn't keep your hands warm if they were very loose.

* Construction: The gloves are surprisingly thin. The seams inside the gloves don't bother my fingers/hands, and I haven't seen any signs of wear after using them three times a week for the last 3 months. I have washed them a few times, but only on a cold "hand wash" cycle with no drying (they air-dry in about 30 minutes.) The fleece nose-wiping pad on the back of the thumb serves its intended purpose well, and the rubber pads on the fingers and palm offer good grip. Mine have great visibility: I got the "screaming yellow" color and it's REALLY bright, with a light-reflective patch on the back of the hand.

* Running: I've used these mostly for running. At 30 - 35 degrees these gloves keep my hands warm enough to where I'll take them off for a bit after ten to fifteen minutes -- that's while wearing a hat and stretchy long pants and shirt however. They also work well in the 40s when I don't feel like having my fingers freeze while I warm up. I usually keep a 10 minute per mile pace; they might be inadequate if you were lightly jogging and it was very cold ( <35 degrees.)

* Cycling: With this past winter being so mild I have only used these on maybe a dozen occasions but I'm happy with their performance. I use them for road/sport cycling. They keep my hands very warm in the 30-50 degree range and are thin enough to wick away sweat quickly. The coldest I've been out with these was 20 degrees and VERY windy (5 degrees w/ wind chill) with a full-length thermal top and bottom, thermal shoe covers, and thermal skull cap. After a pretty chilly warm-up, they kept my hands toasty with moderate exertion. I haven't ever noticed the sensation of the wind stripping the heat off my fingers, no matter how fast I'm moving. As for their limitations, I would recommend a thicker glove if you were commuting or touring in below-freezing conditions, or if you were riding for sport in anything below the mid-low 20s. I don't think they would offer much warmth if they were wet, and they aren't thick enough to offer good protection in the event of a crash.

Starfrit Manual Food Processor
Starfrit Manual Food Processor
Offered by Shoplet
Price: $35.21
3 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Food Processor, January 22, 2011
This does a great job chopping, mincing and pureeing vegetables! I use it about twice a week to chop carrots, tomatoes, potatoes and onions when making soups and sauces/dressings. I haven't had a complaint in the four months that I've been using it. The outer body construction is sturdy and although the straight razor-like chopping blades seem somewhat cheap, they are still very sharp and have retained their "as new" appearance.

Pros:

** Easy to clean. All parts can go in the dishwasher for oily foods, or just a quick rinse & wipe for most vegetables (n.b. I always clean the chopping blades by hand.)

** Good control over the cut size. Just spin it for longer for a finer cut, occasionally tapping it against the counter to knock pieces off the sides and back down to the blades.

** Very quick to set-up, chop, and put away when clean. It won't replace a knife and cutting board if you just want to slice up one tomato, but it will dice a whole onion (I usually quarter it first) in about 10 seconds.

** Non-skid feet work great. Some reviews say otherwise, but the rubber base should grip well to any smooth surface that is clean and dry.

Cons:

** Chopping blade must be cleaned & handled with care. This isn't a major drawback as it applies to any cutting item, but it should be mentioned. I clean the blades and put it back in the product box before cleaning and drying the rest of the unit, just so the sharp bits are off the counter and secure.

** Blade occasionally becomes "embedded" in a piece of food. This happens with harder veggies like carrots when the blade fails to chop all the way through in one pass. Spinning the handle backward for a second seems to dislodge the offending piece; I have never had to open the unit while chopping to clean off the blades.